JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A proper bull elk can total a 3/4 ton truck.
Sure can, even just the little Deer we have all over around here play hell with vehicles. While back I hear a call that one is running around on one of the freeways here. Call was sent to Fish and Game. On the way home I see the Deer laying there dead, some kind of small car also dead. I thought well they found the Deer now. My boss hit one years ago on his NICE bike he had just bought. Hit it broadside at 50. He managed to stay up and get pulled over. Damn stunned Deer jumps off and runs off. It was 6K in damage to his bike :eek:

1713761893360.png

Yesterday afternoon when taking my puppy out for a walk, one of the guys who lives down the street came hauling bubblegum past us. This is a narrow, country road with no sidewalks.

My puppy has been slowly working over a big fear of cars. Jackass driver doesn't know that, doesn't need to. Not the point, but some added context. He's been improving, but this just set him back again.

So this asswipe goes flying past us with his bro-dozer towing an empty dump trailer, basically bouncing down the road, my puppy is freaked out as I try to keep him sitting and distracted. When he passes, I give him the finger. Not something I normally would do, but being bubbleguming pissed, it just came out.

So bro-dozer decides to stop and start reversing, jumps out and proceeds to get in my face. 10 years ago, he would have never made it that far before being on the ground. (I'm a second-degree blackbelt in Jujitsu, grew up playing amateur hockey where I served the first few years as an enforcer and competed in shootfighting matches in the '90s. I can handle myself.)

This day in age, I'm not about to get in a fist fight with some jackass with my puppy tethered to me, not to mention there's just nothing in it for me. The legal and practical consequences outweighed any chip to my ego. I've broken every finger in my hands, don't need to deal with that nonsense again if it can be avoided.

I told him everyone else in the neighborhood had the courtesy to slow down and give room when they drive past pedestrians, but nooooo, not him. He's special.

I walked away as he lobbed profanities at me. I just walked away.

Yes, I was carrying at the time, always do. I never felt he was a serious threat.

I know I made the right decision, but damn it would have been satisfying to give that punk come to Jesus moment with the side effect of a broken arm and the brief inability to breathe.
I just read your posting and several of the replies. I like guns but there are crazies around here who carry and I think most of them are very immature and are the types that should not have guns. So I was surprised at the maturity level of these posts. You people are the types I have no problem with. Thank you.

I just read your posting and several of the replies. I like guns but there are crazies around here who carry and I think most of them are very immature and are the types that should not have guns. So I was surprised at the maturity level of these posts. You people are the types I have no problem with. Thank you.
Lol.
I was just up at the tulip farms last week. Only crazy behavior I saw was at the Costco gas pumps. Too many seattle types for my taste. Not enough time to really form a solid opinion, but it was nice enough to consider going back up a few times a year.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top