JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been a Remington Rifle person for years. But a long time ago I bought a new Remington Model 700 BDL in 25-06 Cal.
The reason I hated it is because I am also an accuracy freak! Due to many years on the rifle in the Army and in Law Enforcement. But this particular rifle, I could not get it to shoot as accurately as I expected not matter what I did. The best it would shoot was about 2 to 2 1/2 " groups at 100 yards! NOT A KEEPER! So I advised the dealer of the best groups achieved and he gave me a decent traded on another rifle. If a rifle will not shoot an 1" (1 MOA) or under or a max of 1 1/2 Group for hunting rifle it is finding a new home. So this is the worst Remington rifle I had owned.

Hate's a strong word for not liking firearms, but I've encountered a few that I didn't appreciate enough to keep owning.

Remington 597 that no matter what ammo used would stove pipe or fail to eject reliably. SW airweight J frame in .38 special that wasn't pleasant to shoot even acknowledging that a BUG doesn't need to be, but sucked compared to the Sig 938 of the same size with more ammo.

Lots of firearms just aren't my thing...but there are few that I "hate"...

If pressed I'd guess that I'd say any gun that has been used against me in a combat zone...
At that point in time , when I was getting shot at ...I have no problems now , with the many different types of "small arms" that were used against me any longer ....'cause I am no longer getting shot at with them....
And even then ...it wasn't really the gun per se....but the situation...
Andy
Hi, Andy,
I thought I was the only one who refuse to own or use the same.
No wooden stock AK's, SKS, Mosin, et al. Makes me cringe.
I'd like to compliment you as an eloquent writer. I enjoy reading your comments.
Best,
TKO

Hi, Andy,
I thought I was the only one who refuse to own or use the same.
No wooden stock AK's, SKS, Mosin, et al. Makes me cringe.
I'd like to compliment you as an eloquent writer. I enjoy reading your comments.
Best,
TKO
Sounds like there are at least Three of of here. Mike

The other was a Glock 36. Hey now a Glock is fine in its standard size in 9mm but chop it to the size of the 36 in .45 and it has virtually no redeeming qualities - hard to hold, massive recoil, Terrible accuracy and jammed with SWC ammo (which was not surprising)
I couldn't even fathom considering it for defensive/CC carry -

Years ago I had a Springfield XDS in .45 ACP and I absolutely hated it. Massive recoil, squishy trigger, impossible to hit anything with any consistency. I switched to the 1911 and never looked back.

Yea I once had a alloy frame Colt LWC and in reality it didn't seem to kick much more than my FS all steel 1991-A1 - maybe a little but not exponentially greater than the FS gun.
It only stands to reason that with the lighter weight Commander will produce greater felt recoil. But because of the slight reduction in velocity, because of the shorter barrel, the actual difference will be minimal. For me the full sized gun tends to be more accurate. That being said, I have a Detonics with a 3-1/2" tube and a shorter frame that is extremely accurate. And I don't think anything that I have shot with any of them has has failed to react accordingly.:):):)

Kel Tec P3AT The thing is so small (which is why I bought it in the first place), that with the DA trigger, by the time the thing goes off, my finger is curled completely around the trigger and then the thing moves in my hand because my grip is compromised (I have huge hands...that's right ladies). This wore a patch of skin off my trigger finger that took nearly a month to heal after about 25 rounds.
I have large hands for a woman, and ran into a similar problem with j frame Smith's. What worked for me was positioning my left thumb on the left side of trigger guard. Then putting trigger finger all the way through trigger guard and resting pad of trigger finger on left thumb. This stabilizes gun and prevents me pulling it off to the left when I pull the trigger. I addressed the trigger with first joint on trigger finger. So it was only the joint area of my trigger finger that moved when I pulled the trigger. This worked well enough if shooting with two hands. What worked even better was dumping all j frame revolvers and other small guns and just sticking to bigger guns.

I wouldn't say I hate any firearm, unless it was mean to me.

Some have greatly disappointed me however.

The Kel-Tec PF9, just plain sucked. Hurt to shoot and rusted faster than anything I owned.

TNW ASR. Held together with mostly McMaster Carr nuts and bolts, bad heat treating. Soft aluminum in parts where you need better metals. I got suckered into working there.

Century Arms Ras47, pot metal trunion, deformed before I got close to 1k. One of a few guns I returned to a manufacturer for repair.

It was a brief fling in 1970. A PIC .25 ACP. Precise Imports Corp. AYKM? The contemporary Triple K catalog listed it as being "Made of poor materials and even poorer workmanship." Closer examination revealed file marks where the serial number had been. I went and got my $15 back.

I had a Ruger Mark II 5.5 bull barrel that fired thousands of rounds of various kinds of ammo without ever failing or jamming. Tack driver, too. It was definitely a royal pain to take down, though.
I have a 22/45 Mark III, and the taking down is easy enough, it is the reassembly that can be challenging. o_O

All the Ruger .22 Rimfire Automatic Pistols are Very easy to reassemble. It's simply a matter of knowing how to do it and then remembering the little trick to it.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: The first one I owned was a Mark-1(before they were called a Mark-1) Target with a 6" untapered Bull Barrel. It had belonged to a friend who had ordered it directly from the Factory. Yes, there was a time when you could do that and have it shipped directly to your home address. He used it to shoot NRA Bullseye Pistol Matches and I used it to shoot NRA Small Bore Hunter Pistol Silhouette Matches with. I put a 2X Leupold LER Scope on it using a Weaver No-Holes Mount. It was a great little setup. I let it go and now I forget just why.:(

1F8AC702-AD36-4E8C-A115-D14A4E7B706D.jpeg My 22/45 Hunter MK lll is really easy to takedown, reassemble and clean........I just drop it off at my Gunsmith. They are good guns but not in the class of a Woodsman, Medalist, or High Standard target gun. The worst gun I have ever been around was a tiny Rohm 22 revolver my grandfather used to carry in his pocket. When I inherited it........it was to scary even to attempt to shoot. I have an Erma 22 Luger that is lovely to look at and handle but have never been able to get it to reliably feed. I have owned it for over 50 years, never had a need to sell it.

Last Edited:
All the Ruger .22 Rimfire Automatic Pistols are Very easy to reassemble. It's simply a matter of knowing how to do it and then remembering the little trick to it.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can stand on my head and reassemble an AK too, but why do need tricks? BTW I know precisely how the Ruger rimfire auto process works and stand by my assertion that it is lame. YMMV.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top