JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was a German made 8 round .22lr revolver. Forget the brand name now but it was considered awful by almost everyone. Gave it to a brother-in-law [back when that was OK].
Sounds like those made by Herbert Schmidt Co. They usually focused on starting pistols but made one that looked like a small cowboy revolver with 8 shots in .22lr Got one here as another weird piece.

All the Ruger .22 Rimfire Automatic Pistols are Very easy to reassemble. It's simply a matter of knowing how to do it and then remembering the little trick to it.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: The first one I owned was a Mark-1(before they were called a Mark-1) Target with a 6" untapered Bull Barrel. It had belonged to a friend who had ordered it directly from the Factory. Yes, there was a time when you could do that and have it shipped directly to your home address. He used it to shoot NRA Bullseye Pistol Matches and I used it to shoot NRA Small Bore Hunter Pistol Silhouette Matches with. I put a 2X Leupold LER Scope on it using a Weaver No-Holes Mount. It was a great little setup. I let it go and now I forget just why.:(
I can't disassemble my MK1, it hasn't been cleaned in at least 40 years.

I can't disassemble my MK1, it hasn't been cleaned in at least 40 years.

I thought I needed to take mine to a gunsmith cuz of all the malfunctions.

Turns out I just needed to watch a 12 year old on YouTube show me how to tear it down and put it back together after using a pick to get rid of all the rimfire cement for decades of use out:D.

I've done it so many time now that when I got my Mark 3 it wasn't a problem. Maybe I'll go clean that gun actually - I might go to the range tomorrow if I can get enough sleep:oops:...

AK47 that was half azzed 922 compliant and had every lazer, rail, gizmo available. It weighed almost 12lbs. It looked like a beast but was more reliable as a club or bat.

I had a Stallard arms 9mm pistol - I think it was a predecessor to the high point. It worked but it was strictly blow back and felt and shot like a brick. I found no redeeming factors for this pistol and maybe why I dislike High-Point guns.

Another vote for Jennings .22! Was cycling the slide on my workbench, trying to figure out the feed problem. Went off!! Smashed it repeatedly with a sledgehammer, still didn't fix it!!

I sold my Jenning 22Lr to a member on here for 55.00, I think I still sold it too high.
They are neat looking firearms, just wow to the function. I think today those old Jennings are more
of a novelty then a serious use firearm.

I've been fortunate with my gun choices, but of the bunch... I have to say my Bersa Thunder .380 is the biggest POS I've ever owned. A bit particular about what it likes to be fed and the construction itself is such that it destroys itself a little more with every shot... requiring a little sanding and polishing every 100-150rds or so just to minimize the amount of damage being done. That's just a stop-gap though.

Right out of the box required some ramp work to get "anything" to shoot out of it semi-reliably. Every mag needs a little work... be it the retainers or spring.

For a very limited budget pistol you're going to shoot 50rnds through then throw it in the glove/tool/fishing box as a last resort backup to your backup... where anything better than a pencil is desireable... it's highly likely at least the one in the pipe will go "pop". Getting though a whole mag when you really need it? It's a coin toss.

That being said, as an introductory semi for the kids to plink with or pack on their hip around camp for familiariy (that you don't care if it gets banged, broke or lost)... perfect. ;)

I've been fortunate with my gun choices, but of the bunch... I have to say my Bersa Thunder .380 is the biggest POS I've ever owned. UA bit particular about what it likes to be fed and the construction itself is such that it destroys itself a little more with every shot... requiring a little sanding and polishing every 100-150rds or so just to minimize the amount of damage being done. That's just a stop-gap though.

Right out of the box required some ramp work to get "anything" to shoot out of it semi-reliably. Every mag needs a little work... be it the retainers or spring.

For a very limited budget pistol you're going to shoot 50rnds through then throw it in the glove/tool/fishing box as a last resort backup to your backup... where anything better than a pencil is desireable... it's highly likely at least the one in the pipe will go "pop". Getting though a whole mag when you really need it? It's a coin toss.

That being said, as an introductory semi for the kids to plink with or pack on their hip around camp for familiariy (that you don't care if it gets banged, broke or lost)... perfect. ;)
I have had both ppk and ppks pistols ( walther and Smith and wesson) to me the thunderer was a lot more reliable with hollow points. I have had four Bersa and never had a problem with any of them. If I was into 380 I would have one now

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top