JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I like Johnny. First met him at our cleanup April, 2016 at Wildcat in Mt Hood. He said he'd like to come but didn't have a ride. So @Bodyguard stepped up to the plate and volunteered to pick him up. Glad they worked it out because I was real pleased to meet him and he was a die hard trooper for the cause.

Our next cleanup, @Johnny , in the Mt Hood Nat Forest, will be on Sunday, April 22nd. We'll do the BBQ lunch and some free raffle prizes. At this point, it sounds like we'll be doing it at the Fish Creek area. I'm currently working out the details and will be announcing it soon.

I have no doubt, we'll be able to get you there and back, if you still need a ride. Hope you can make this one!

Best wishes,

Bill

April 2016.jpg

Sorry all, been in the air most of the day DC back to Portland.

We have pretty much everything covered. All funds, safe on hold, as well as a decent amount of folks coming to pick up and install.

At this time, no more donations are needed, sorry for those getting to the thread late, your willingness to donate is appreciated.

We will update the thread tomorrow with some pictures.

Sorry all, been in the air most of the day DC back to Portland.

We have pretty much everything covered. All funds, safe on hold, as well as a decent amount of folks coming to pick up and install.

At this time, no more donations are needed, sorry for those getting to the thread late, your willingness to donate is appreciated.

We will update the thread tomorrow with some pictures.
There will be more people in need of help save your money for the next one we all ready talking about keeping this going there is always someone who can use a little help

I like Johnny. First met him at our cleanup April, 2016 at Wildcat in Mt Hood. He said he'd like to come but didn't have a ride. So @Bodyguard stepped up to the plate and volunteered to pick him up. Glad they worked it out because I was real pleased to meet him and he was a die hard trooper for the cause.

Our next cleanup, @Johnny , in the Mt Hood Nat Forest, will be on Sunday, April 22nd. We'll do the BBQ lunch and some free raffle prizes. At this point, it sounds like we'll be doing it at the Fish Creek area. I'm currently working out the details and will be announcing it soon.

I have no doubt, we'll be able to get you there and back, if you still need a ride. Hope you can make this one!

Best wishes,

Bill

We have a car now so getting up there for a clean up will not be such a problem that it used to be. It's not a brand new car but it is new to us. We were able to get a 1997 Saab 900s with 123,000 miles. One owner, an older gal who keep a maintenance book. The lady wanted a newer Saab so the mechanic who cared for the car all these years let us have it for $500. The trunk is large enough to seat my entire wheelchair without taking it apart. I starts right up every time. I does not like below freezing temps but after warning up for 15 minutes, it's good to go.

Best wishes,

Bill

It does not like below freezing temps but after warning up for 15 minutes, it's good to go.
I've known more than one Saab that wasn't fond of the cold, ironic considering where they came from.

I recall having the opportunity to use a company owned 900 a couple of times for business related road trips, it was a blast to drive.

Take care of her, she'll last you another 100k miles...

@Johnny, congrats, glad to have you a part of this awesome group. I will be back in Or. Some time mid April , and my Brother is THE guy to look at that Saab. He knows every trick there is on those and would be able to figure out why it isn't warming up correctly and fix it right up (hopefully) Those Saabs will last forever if taken care of. :)

So far, for a $500 dollar car, it's been great. The fuel mixture is running Rich but other then that it suits it's purpose. We needed something to go back and forth to the grocery store. I did not want to spend another wet winter waiting on TriMet. We have had the sub now for seven or eight months. Don't really even have to worry about DEQ till January 2019 that's when the plates expire. It is so much nicer than being drenched in the bus stop.

So far, for a $500 dollar car, it's been great. The fuel mixture is running Rich but other then that it suits it's purpose. We needed something to go back and forth to the grocery store. I did not want to spend another wet winter waiting on TriMet. We have had the sub now for seven or eight months. Don't really even have to worry about DEQ till January 2019 that's when the plates expire. It is so much nicer than being drenched in the bus stop.
I'll put money on the cause of the rich mixture cause being the same reason it doesn't like the cold.

From my reading about the fuel system, there are some vacuum hoses that crack often and cause the fuel to mix rich. I need to replace them silicone hoses. AFTER the two oxygen sensors and a couple thermostats. At least the parts aren't very expensive and can be done from a driveway.

Got @Johnny all settled with the safe properly secured to the floor via @Stomper as well as a hand gun safe and even a dehumidifier. I didn't take too many pictures, but @Cogs did so he will post them up.

Huge shot out to this all of those within this community for getting this done on all levels!

Reno911

61E8C67A-8158-4F29-9CD4-438DB21A468A.jpeg 454BD25E-D6E5-4D55-B08F-7EBA2395A124.jpeg

Got @Johnny all settled with the safe properly secured to the floor via @Stomper as well as a hand gun safe and even a dehumidifier. I didn't take too many pictures, but @Cogs did so he will post them up.

Huge shot out to this all of those within this community for getting this done on all levels!

Reno911

View attachment 438776 View attachment 438777

VERY damn nice! Thanks again to you guys who helped get this delivered and set up for him!!!

Reno911

View attachment 438776 View attachment 438777
I love it. It will bring years of comfort not having to worry about the chance if them being misused or taken by others. What a community NWFA is. One thousand thanks.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads