JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Well last night the number grew to $780.

So though I have a 12 gun safe reserved and folks here ready to meet at Sportsmans and such I think we may did some looking at some bigger safes for @Johnny on Sunday while at Sportsmans. It's really a matter of how big of a safe we want to move now lol!

Awesome job everyone! This is the best thread on here in some time!
Or you might want to see how big a safe will fit in his house

Or you might want to see how big a safe will fit in his house
That will be wheelchair accesible. He will need to be able to work the combo from his chair and in a position where the stepson can't see the numbers. A traditional dial safe may have advantages over an electronic lock simply because of all the extra revolutions that are required. Just a thought.

Ho-Lee-Smokes! You guys ROCK! Just found this thread, and WOW! I knew this was a awesome group of folks, but this just upped the level of cool 100 fold! Wish I was in town, would definitely lend a hand!

Last Edited:
I stopped by the Sportsmans on 82nd today.
@Reno911 , thanks to you, they are holding the YG-12.
The next size up that they have is considerably more...well over $1k.
They have a few handgun safes that should work for Johnny's purposes.

Whatever we decide to do, it's an honor to be able to do it.
See you jokers on Sunday.

I stopped by the Sportsmans on 82nd today.
@Reno911 , thanks to you, they are holding the YG-12.
The next size up that they have is considerably more...well over $1k.
They have a few handgun safes that should work for Johnny's purposes.

Whatever we decide to do, it's an honor to be able to do it.
See you jokers on Sunday.

Thanks to the guys who agreed to handle the money, the delivery, and installation. We do need some pics of the final. Hope all works out well for him and his family. It was great to see people come together like this to help.

@Johnny i thout of something last night, has your son been fired from ups?
My idea was that, ups being such a large corporation, maybe they'd pay to get your boy some help? I've heard of companies paying for drug rehab for employees who found themselves addicted to drugs. Just a thought.

Sounds like johnny's gonna get something quite nice, it's heartwarming to see this kind of effort among this community.
My son worked for UPS and they do bend over backwards to keep people on the payroll. they created a supervisory position just for him when he became disabled, and he could have stayed on in that position, but he couldn't handle even that. It would be worth talking to UPS HR.

This is the kind of positive story about gun owners that should make the news but it never will.

People don't seem to realize that gun owners are usually the most kindest, law abiding, friendly, give you the shirt off your back type of people you will ever meet.

This is the kind of positive story about gun owners that should make the news but it never will.

People don't seem to realize that gun owners are usually the most kindest, law abiding, friendly, give you the shirt off your back type of people you will ever meet.
Good luck the only media that would even think about this is NRA TV CAM AND COMPANY

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top