JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
$200 clear and free to Johnny

$75.69 donated to this great site which provided us with the forum to have the privelage of helping out another person in need.

I'm good with giving it to Johnny, or Trash No Land. I am glad to have helped him out today, and proud of our NWFA family for taking care of a need that arose so quickly, compassionately, and selflessly.

BZ to all you where hands on. Giving of your time and effort is a big deal!

I defer to what would be done with the funds to your good judgement.

I am of the mind to say that NWFA have a small petty cash fund to help when, where necessary.

Now that the firearms are out of the picture, I hope you get your stepson the help he needs and also hope you take steps yourself to learn how to deal with him in ways that de-escalate any possible volatile situation.

I would also suggest you not opening it if there is any chance he can view the combination.

Best regards.
The boy isn't even allowed in my bedroom , ever. But the good news, the police, loss of job and the promise to get real therapy counseling has awaken him as much as one could hope to change his life. He is an angery 22 yo man/child. When I first met him, he was 3 years old and was kicked out of kindergartnen for chocking a boy his own age with this foot at the boys neck. You think love and support can change anyone. Years of support, love , understanding, Taekwondo classes, camping trips, bicycles, end really, anything I could afford but all he ever wanted was video games. Sometimes love is not enough. I

The boy isn't even allowed in my bedroom , ever. But the good news, the police, loss of job and the promise to get real therapy counseling has awaken him as much as one could hope to change his life. He is an angery 22 yo man/child. When I first met him, he was 3 years old and was kicked out of kindergartnen for chocking a boy his own age with this foot at the boys neck. You think love and support can change anyone. Years of support, love , understanding, Taekwondo classes, camping trips, bicycles, end really, anything I could afford but all he ever wanted was video games. Sometimes love is not enough. I

I applaud you sir for your honesty. But I will say this, and maybe just for any other person in a similar situation with a troubled youth (your limited mobility notwithstanding).

If ANYONE here has child with issues like this, I IMPLORE YOU to PLEASE make the purchase of your safe MORE important than any firearm purchase. Secure it, have checks and balances to ensure it remains secure. @Johnny this is not a rub towards you sir, but securing the firearms is WAY more important, especially given your circumstances, than using the money to buy more firearms. The safe should be the FIRST purchase when deciding to own firearms in a situation like yours. Not the last.

With all due respect you you, sir.

Last Edited:
The anger is something that seems to come with your son's condition. Having known a couple children with the same, and seen them interact, it does seem like somethung that is very difficult to control by ones self. One kid I knew was better when he was on meds. I hope your son finds a solution that works and gives him, and you more peace. Good luck man. It's a hard job dealing with special needs individuals, especially those of adult age.

The boy isn't even allowed in my bedroom , ever. But the good news, the police, loss of job and the promise to get real therapy counseling has awaken him as much as one could hope to change his life. He is an angery 22 yo man/child. When I first met him, he was 3 years old and was kicked out of kindergartnen for chocking a boy his own age with this foot at the boys neck. You think love and support can change anyone. Years of support, love , understanding, Taekwondo classes, camping trips, bicycles, end really, anything I could afford but all he ever wanted was video games. Sometimes love is not enough. I tried almost everything and the best I can hope for now is for him to fall on his face and to feel what it is like not to have any support System. I know how cruel that may sound but he needs to loose the anger he had to the world and see what it is like without live and support. Sadly his mother won't let it get that stressful to him and continue trying to open up his heart. The crazy part of this crazy story, the boy doesn't touch drugs. If drugs were involved, I could have allot more options for helping him. The whole think that makes me crazy, he graduated high school with honors, high SAT Scores. Only if he could learn other emotions other then sadness hate and envy.

Johnny, I have a remarkable amount of respect for you.
Just sayin'

Okay let's talk Turkey.

@BDA.45 @BroncoFan @Stomper @P7id10T @Orygun444 @Fast Eddie @RicInOR @Howard1955 @Meridian7750 @xlsbob @nammac @pdempsey1097 @Alexx1401 @Will_White
@dbwesner @Heyjoe @bolus @Joe Link @MasterChief1

TAKE A BOW!!!

There were a couple others that PMd me that I could not verify screen name and donation email name. If I missed you please let me know and I'll add you to this list, I don't want to leave anyone out.

We raised $798.25 in roughly two days.

Thanks to other honorable mentions @Oregon Quartermaster we were able to hold a safe for pick up and get a good price.

We spent $522.56 on the supplies, which was less than expected thanks to Sportsmans 82nd.

This leaves $275.69 in the bank.

I've been undecided on how to spend the remaining funds and I'll leave it to those who have donated to voice their opinion.

My thoughts are to donate it. To who or what organization, is not for me to decide.

What are your thoughts?
Well I hope sent the money to the right place lol

I applaud you sir for your honesty. But I will say this, and maybe just for any other person in a similar situation with a troubled youth (your limited mobility notwithstanding).

If ANYONE here has child with issues like this, I IMPLORE YOU to PLEASE make the purchase of your safe MORE important than any firearm purchase. Secure it, have checks and balances to ensure it remains secure. @Johnny this is not a rub towards you sir, but securing the firearms is WAY more important, especially given your circumstances, than using the money to buy more firearms. The safe should be the FIRST purchase when deciding to own firearms in a situation like yours. Not the last.

With all due respect you you, sir.
I had my firearms before he ever got obcessed with them. When he started getting "into" the idea of guns, I removed the bolts of all of them so they could not fire. I made sure they were non operational any time I left the house. You will just have to take my word for it. Once he said he wanted to hurt people we guns, we needed to step up the the security.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads