JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Now that the firearms are out of the picture, I hope you get your stepson the help he needs and also hope you take steps yourself to learn how to deal with him in ways that de-escalate any possible volatile situation.

I would also suggest you not opening it if there is any chance he can view the combination.

Best regards.

Well done, guys!
I see @Stomper has one of those Slags down in a choke hold....
View attachment 438824

Actually, I found a perfectly good Baby Ruth candy bar down there and I hadn't eaten anything yet, so.....

I wonder if any of the "alphabet agencies" can recognize me from the back of my head.... yet.

169D338E-1F14-4025-B8C6-92C948A88E47.jpeg

Here's the story I wrote about this event. It's posted our the Trash No Land Blog. The blog story has the photos as well.

Trash No Land Blog

Johnny Gets A Safe

The cry for help can sometimes be unheard, overlooked or even disregarded and thought of as being unimportant. But to the person who needs the help, it is a real and stressful situation. Such is the case with Johnny.

A concern arose at Johnny's home where he realized he needed to secure his firearms. He knew the need had always been there and had hopes of one day purchasing a gun safe and paying to have it installed. Recently, home security and safety in his household became an urgent and top priority for him. Living on a limited budget, buying a quality gun safe was always a little out of reach for him. He needed some help, so, he asked other gun owners for their advice and direction.

That's when Bryan Olson, Vice President of Trash No Land, heard of Johnny's plight. In the hopes of getting the needed help, Olson posted the need to the social media forum Northwest Firearms. The members there wasted no time to raise over $700 for a new gun safe for Johnny. Funds raised were enough to purchase a new safe, a dehumidifier and a small handgun safe. Other contributions, from members, were several trigger locks.

With the help of several volunteers from Northwest Firearms, the safe was delivered and installed in Johnny's home, this day March 11th, 2018.

Trash No Land and Northwest Firearms recognizes Johnny as being a dedicated volunteer at cleanup events and has a sincere desire to see public lands be respected and open to all. Although he may have some restrictions because of his wheel chair, he does not hold back from chipping in and giving an honest days work. We are honored to help him out in this way.

Last Edited:
@Reno911 argh, dude you should have contacted me about this. I would have gotten you a safe at wholesale cost.

This one was kind of an out of the blue deal. Started with the member mentioning some personal problems at home the Moderators have asked us to keep out of this. It just snowballed into a bunch of us helping the guy. Does not mean this needs to be the last time someone is helped. No doubt some others here could use help and would be glad to have you assist.

Nicely done everyone on all parts. Great to see this happening here!

Like others have said, now that the guns are secure my hope is that you'll be able to get the additional help for him you need. But I'm glad things will now be much safer.

I cannot BELIEVE there hasn't been any commentary (yet) on @Reno911 's ballet pirouette position he took up in that 2nd from the top photo.... did you learn that in private fancy-pants dance school, Dude? LMAO!
Secret Chinese underground rock throwing ninja society for ballet lessons.

Okay let's talk Turkey.

@BDA.45 @BroncoFan @Stomper @P7id10T @Orygun444 @Fast Eddie @RicInOR @Howard1955 @Meridian7750 @xlsbob @nammac @pdempsey1097 @Alexx1401 @Will_White
@dbwesner @Heyjoe @bolus @Joe Link @MasterChief1

TAKE A BOW!!!

There were a couple others that PMd me that I could not verify screen name and donation email name. If I missed you please let me know and I'll add you to this list, I don't want to leave anyone out.

We raised $798.25 in roughly two days.

Thanks to other honorable mentions @Oregon Quartermaster we were able to hold a safe for pick up and get a good price.

We spent $522.56 on the supplies, which was less than expected thanks to Sportsmans 82nd.

This leaves $275.69 in the bank.

I've been undecided on how to spend the remaining funds and I'll leave it to those who have donated to voice their opinion.

My thoughts are to donate it. To who or what organization, is not for me to decide.

What are your thoughts?

Last Edited:
May I be the first to make a suggestion? Give it to Johnny, as it was raised with him in mind. We could all use a little extra cash for that thing we can never get around to. No stings attached, just cash and a "Have a good year".

May I be the first to make a suggestion? Give it to Johnny, as it was raised with him in mind. We could all use a little extra cash for that thing we can never get around to. No stings attached, just cash and a "Have a good year".

Either that or put it in the Trash No Land's treasury. @Reno911 instigated this event and did all the leg-work to make it happen, but either way works for me! ;)

Over a long lifetime one can become somewhat .... let's just say, jaded... and can lose faith in people. A constant diet of tales and experiences of deceit and dishonesty, can grow a callused spot on your heart that is very near impossible to fix.

I must admit (not proud of it) my first instinct was "shields up!", but as I followed this story and saw it grow from "what can I do" to "we can help" to "we WILL help"... I really got a remedial lesson in humanity.

You guys did more than install a safe... you chipped away some of that callus and re-installed some faith.

Next time I need to move my Liberty, I'll know who to ask.

3 weeks later and my arm is still not working 100%. :(

Over a long lifetime one can become somewhat .... let's just say, jaded... and can lose faith in people. A constant diet of tales and experiences of deceit and dishonesty, can grow a callused spot on your heart that is very near impossible to fix.

I must admit (not proud of it) my first instinct was "shields up!", but as I followed this story and saw it grow from "what can I do" to "we can help" to "we WILL help"... I really got a remedial lesson in humanity.

You guys did more than install a safe... you chipped away some of that callus and re-installed some faith.
:s0101:

Either that or put it in the Trash No Land's treasury. @Reno911 instigated this event and did all the leg-work to make it happen, but either way works for me! ;)

I like both these ideas as I donated to the cause also. As Cogs stated it was all raised for Johnny.....

I also like the trash idea but leaning towards the first one.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads