JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Anybody know what the cause is?

Sounds similar to the 24/7 recall of 2018:

"The lawsuit alleges that nine handgun models had a faulty design that allowed the pistol to inadvertently fire when dropped or to be discharged when the safety feature was still on.

As part of the $239 million settlement, Taurus agreed to a voluntary recall of 1 million pistols."

Taurus 24/7 firing by itself. No trigger pull at all.

View: https://youtu.be/2fn6GFSwTEw?si=gpC1phXesQTky6pl

Last Edited:
Taurus should just dry up and die already!!

:s0124:<—Taurus
I think Taurus has become a split personality company. I don't know much about it but it seems to me that Tx22 made in usa is good. Semi autos made in Brazil bad.

Smith and Wesson owned most of tuarus in the 60's and 70's so some of their revolvers are exact clones. Fwiw my Taurus 627 revolver is smooth as butter in both the trigger and action. Just really really nice trigger and action.

Lever actions and some other guns made in Brazil mixed bag could be good or poor. Again that's just what I've seen and I'm no expert in the slightest.

Taurus Street Fighter II.jpg

My guess is faulty striker springs but that's 100% a WAG. The sig p320 that fired in the holster in Richland WA sig said it was a faulty spring. Makes you wonder where these guys get their springs. Again all just a WAG and it could be the striker mechanism itself or ?

My guess is faulty striker springs but that's 100% a WAG. The sig p320 that fired in the holster in Richland WA sig said it was a faulty spring. Makes you wonder where these guys get their springs. Again all just a WAG and it could be the striker mechanism itself or ?
I heard they have their springs made in India... With the prices of their P365 magazines... Screw sig. Everyone thinks sig is the best because they won a mil contract.

Brazilian firearms are a no go for me. Way back when, I've known several people who bought F.I.E. imported guns from Brazil. One guy got shot with a 30-06 through the waist because the gun was leaning against the seat of the a vehicle, hit a bump and broke the safety. Luckily, he survived. But everyone of their guns had faulty safeties. I'm sure manufacturing improved since but I would trust a Locin before a Brazilian made firearm.

One of the reason why one of my firearm rules is never trust the safety.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top