JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would hope that everyone in WA and OR stocked up on mags for guns they have and bought at least the minimum for guns they think they might buy in the future. The mag availability problem should then be solved and you don't have to worry about buying a gun that comes with 10 rounds mags or sacrificing anything at all from what you want. Again this is simply a mag availability problem (except in OR in the future where the A-holes will be trying to have 10 round carry mag limits).
I for one did.

I would hope that everyone in WA and OR stocked up on mags for guns they have and bought at least the minimum for guns they think they might buy in the future. The mag availability problem should then be solved and you don't have to worry about buying a gun that comes with 10 rounds mags or sacrificing anything at all from what you want. Again this is simply a mag availability problem (except in OR in the future where the A-holes will be trying to have 10 round carry mag limits).
I for one did. I live in Oregon.

That's why we need to help educate them. OR in particular people can still buy mags before the OR Supreme Court overturns Raschio. I wasn't saying that mag bans are no big deal. They are a big deal. What I was saying is it seems kind of silly to sacrifice capacity or a gun you want due to mag availability. Fix the mag availability problem then you aren't limited to what gun to buy. It seems to me that addressing a mag availability problem is minor compared to switching to a new gun which has less capacity than you want.
Oregon Supreme court slapped down the states request to overturn the Harney County Judge's TRO twice. As of today, February 28, every aspect of measure 114 is still blocked from being enacted.

I didn't say that. I said to me it's not something that makes a gun uninteresting, per the OP's topic. And that IF I were stuck with low capacity, I know how to reload and the gun STILL isn't uninteresting because it's the same gun it always was. You didn't read my post.
You're right I'm sorry I replied to the wrong post.

Less rounds in the magazine or wheel means less weight overall to lug around.
Lighter is much more suitable for conceal carry....unless you like wearing your pants down below your waistline like a homie.
A shoulder rig would, of course, alter the homie look.

Long before this current BS.

,Now that new handguns are limited to ten rounds.
When I know that the gun was designed to hold lets say 15, i feel like there is wasted space and so i have started looking at the micro market.
I may be on the spectrum and missing a point of view I've not thought of, so im willing to change my perspective.

Anyone feel the same?
Btw: first post, please be kind to the newbie😁
I've switched gears….. and it feels like a lot have too.
Lever guns are getting swooped up…
I'm deciding on a cartridge that runs both a lever and wheel. Or just a big lever 45-70.
Other option to consider is new Beretta semi shottys.
And if it gets released anytime soon …. KelTek KS(G)? In .410

Less rounds in the magazine or wheel means less weight overall to lug around.
Lighter is much more suitable for conceal carry....unless you like wearing your pants down below your waistline like a homie.
A shoulder rig would, of course, alter the homie look.
Wearing a belt correctly does the trick……

This is coming from someone who carry's a full size gun 17+1 and two spare 19 round mags. Guess what…. My pants stay around my waist all day long.

Excuses.

I knew I wanted a Glock 19 so I bought some 15 round magazines for my Glock 19 before midnight July 1, 2022. Until the reduced capacity magazine law is rescinded I will be using my 10 round magazines at the gun range. I did not have the money for a Glock 19 until after the reduced capacity magazine was the law in Washington State.
You may be aware already….. but you can still possess and use "high cap" magazines here. Just no sale or purchase.

I've switched gears….. and it feels like a lot have too.
Lever guns are getting swooped up…
I'm deciding on a cartridge that runs both a lever and wheel. Or just a big lever 45-70.
Other option to consider is new Beretta semi shottys.
And if it gets released anytime soon …. KelTek KS(G)? In .410

Or maybe jump into the 1911 game and get a 410 over under for grouse hunting :D

Still sucks, two new releases since July 1 that I cannot have.

I knew I wanted a Glock 19 so I bought some 15 round magazines for my Glock 19 before midnight July 1, 2022. Until the reduced capacity magazine law is rescinded I will be using my 10 round magazines at the gun range. I did not have the money for a Glock 19 until after the reduced capacity magazine was the law in Washington State.
I bought my Glock 19 donkey's years ago, but I rarely have crammed 15 rounds into the magazine. It's been normal for me to load it to 10 rounds. The more you cram in, the more difficult it gets. These days, it's hard for me to button a shirt; my fingers are kinda old and fumbly. So it goes with magazines. If Wash. gets its new gun permit law, I think part of that is a hands-on test. Maybe they will weed out some old timers who can't load magazines easily.

Or maybe jump into the 1911 game and get a 410 over under for grouse hunting :D

Still sucks, two new releases since July 1 that I cannot have.
I had a para ordinance long time ago. Kinda miss it. Nothing wrong with 1911 in my mind….. just thinking "cowboy" these days. Could be a victim of marketing too…. Firearms News magazine features historical items right next to "new" stuff every issue.

I bought my Glock 19 donkey's years ago, but I rarely have crammed 15 rounds into the magazine. It's been normal for me to load it to 10 rounds. The more you cram in, the more difficult it gets. These days, it's hard for me to button a shirt; my fingers are kinda old and fumbly. So it goes with magazines. If Wash. gets its new gun permit law, I think part of that is a hands-on test. Maybe they will weed out some old timers who can't load magazines easily.
Maglula UpLULA Universal Pistol Loader

$34.99 and worth every penny. Makes loading nearly effortless.

I had a para ordinance long time ago. Kinda miss it. Nothing wrong with 1911 in my mind….. just thinking "cowboy" these days. Could be a victim of marketing too…. Firearms News magazine features historical items right next to "new" stuff every issue.
I have a lever and revolver both in 357.

Do not regret it, both are really fun to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top