JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or do nothing different than they are doing now and wait for the mag ban portion to be thrown out in court. Benitez ruling will be shortly then appeal then scotus.
Yup. I'll continue carrying (3) 17 round mags on my person as part of my EDC.

If I couldnt have a standard magazine, Id rather have a smaller caliber in a smaller gun than a bigger caliber in a smaller gun.

Or do nothing different than they are doing now and wait for the mag ban portion to be thrown out in court. Benitez ruling will be shortly, then appeal where anti-gun 9th will likely overturn it, then scotus. It's not guaranteed that the 9th will overturn it though of course.
Yep, no sense anyone getting in a hurry to change carry guns now, the courts will decide for us.

90CEE8BF-E18E-468B-A31A-657435C6DCF1.jpeg

This is not the first time this has been done. Many of us lived through the great 10 year run when the limit was 10. The one "upside" to it was manufacturers were coming up with some NICE small and mid pistols that held 10. Many of these were great for the CC market. I well remember some of the anti rights kooks lamenting this. The full size pistols made for normal mag capacity still sold well as there was so many mags floating around. So same this time for most. Now as some places eventually get around to just saying no more grandfathered mags? Then sadly some of those pistols will not be so nice to have I guess.

The 114 mag ban didn't actually affect me, but it pissed me off. Can't regulate morality, which is the real problem. But I'll fight for the right to have/buy/carry magazines over 10 rounds.

These pics show why it didn't really affect me. These are my carry guns.

60 wood.jpg Ol Beater.jpg

Can't you just buy handguns that use your existing mags? Has WA banned the actual gun or just the mags? Also in WA are you prohibited from carrying mags over 10 rounds or just buying them? Seems like this is a mag availability problem, not gun problem.
If buying a new gun, if the manufacturer doesn't offer the gun with a restricted ( 10 or less round ) magazine it is unavailable to buy.

If buying a new gun, if the manufacturer doesn't offer the gun with a restricted ( 10 or less round ) magazine it is unavailable to buy.
Co worker just bought a G17 couple weeks ago. Came with 3 OEM mags. Someone had just welded a little pin in each of the 3 mags so they would only hold 10. Glock makes 10 round mags for these but either the dealer did the alteration or had someone do it.

Interesting. Seems like the retailer could simply sell it with no magazines because that wouldn't break any wa laws.
Ive heard there was a delimma about this that most dealers wont, because while it would be legal it wouldnt pass an audit because guns that come with magazines are sold together as a part numbered kit from the mfg. Something like that, I dont know how true it is.
Also in Washington its illegal to import standard mags so just ordering the kit breaks that law.

Wait a second…

We can't have mags over 10 rounds.

Well, this is kind of awkward now.

I asked my LGS about what they did after the WA mag ban. Any firearms in stock that had magazines that held more than 10 rds where sold without the magazine and marked 5% off if they didn't have 10 rd magazines available in stock. They returned the standard capacity magazines to their distributor(s).

,Now that new handguns are limited to ten rounds.
When I know that the gun was designed to hold lets say 15, i feel like there is wasted space and so i have started looking at the micro market.
I may be on the spectrum and missing a point of view I've not thought of, so im willing to change my perspective.

Anyone feel the same?
Btw: first post, please be kind to the newbie😁

How about the opposite then…

Maybe turn your attention to the Glock 43X and Glock 48…. blithe designed with 10rd mags and easily converted to 15rd mags (in the same space) and 20-30rd mags, all made by Shield Arms.

;):D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads