JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The mag ban is unconstitutional and will fall. Judge Benitez is getting ready to rule on it in San Diego and his decision will be favorable...and applicable to other states in the 9th District. Now it may take a little time for the likely appeals to play out, but they will and the mag ban will fall.

Guns for which we have no compatible magazines?

If a possible new pew is designed to have a standard capacity greater than the present idiocy allows, yes it would torpedo it, because odds are it would detract from the project enough. And no one knows at what pace the courts will move and if they'll rule in the favor of liberty. (The Ninth Circus' magazine ruling and SCOTUS' Bruen are both promising though.)

Pews in which we have a stash of magazines? Eh, if I was interested in a new pew project, I suppose, but I'm not really. Focus just shifting elsewhere these days. But who knows what the future holds.

My guess is the full size gun. That alone is enough reason for me to go with the full size gun. Then one COULD (not legal advice) probably source standard mags elsewhere if they so desired.
Ditto this.

Why consider a smaller gun just because you may be relegated to a fewer mag capacity? A full size gun shoots the same regardless of the mag capacity.

And - don't forget - the 1911 is a favorite of many - and it's always been a 7-8 round mag capacity.

I knew I wanted a Glock 19 so I bought some 15 round magazines for my Glock 19 before midnight July 1, 2022. Until the reduced capacity magazine law is rescinded I will be using my 10 round magazines at the gun range. I did not have the money for a Glock 19 until after the reduced capacity magazine was the law in Washington State.

Way before the mag size restriction was even talked about I only have 1 pistol that holds more than 10 rounds. I bought it when the mostly peaceful protests started attacking trucks and I thought I might have to make a hole in the crowd big enough to drive thru and escape with my life. As far as recent purchases my last two only hold 6 but one is 44 mag and the other is 480 Ruger.

Mid and full sized single stacks and wheel guns will no doubt make a comeback.
Temporarily, but make no mistake that if standard mags are ruled prohibited they will come for the single stacks and wheel guns next. We all know those arent somehow less effective.

My advice is get the gun you really want and shoot the best, worry about mags for it later. 10rds isnt somehow that less effective in the meantime.

That's why we need to help educate them. OR in particular people can still buy mags before the OR Supreme Court overturns Raschio. I wasn't saying that mag bans are no big deal. They are a big deal. What I was saying is it seems kind of silly to sacrifice capacity or a gun you want due to mag availability. Fix the mag availability problem then you aren't limited to what gun to buy. It seems to me that addressing a mag availability problem is minor compared to switching to a new gun which has less capacity than you want.
Understood, and agreed. The bigger issue is that there are people who, despite what is clearly written in the constitution, push their agenda and don't care.

How a magazine ban stands constitutional scrutiny at all is asinine. At face value, if allowed, they could push for single shot firearms and it would be just as 'constitutional.'

Hence why, despite still voting, speaking out, and educating those I can, I have little faith in the judicial/legislative/executive system to fix any of these issues.

I am speaking of new guns that you do not have any magazines for.
I went to my lgs the other day and while looking at guns sized to the pdp, masada ect. It just stuck out in my mind that there is now wasted space and so logically (in my brain) the micros with an original capacity of ten rounds just made more sense.
I fully understand the benefits of a full sized gun vs micro and it helps to keep that in mind. Ive always carried standard capacity guns and now it just feels off. Im not necessarily freaked out that i may need more than ten rounds in my gun for a fight. Reloading is fairly fast if it came to that. Its really about a gun designed for a certain capacity being under utilised.

Its not like i can run to Oregon and pick up mags and bring them back to Washington right?

So you lost interest in the gun because it's supposed to have a smaller "fuel tank"? That seems like a stupid reason to dislike a gun. Unless what you really like is a big, sexy magazine capacity specifically and everything else comes second, I just don't see a reason to lose interest in a mechanical device.

To me, the capacity thing is so far down the list of things I give a damn about when considering a firearm, it may as well be on the third page right after "this page intentionally left blank" section. I would LIKE to have infinite ammo on board like Hollywood, however one of my carry guns holds 5 rounds. And I know how to reload it.

Further, when I'm at the range I tend to only load 10 rounds or less into my mags at any given time regardless of capacity because I get to practice reloading more often and it slightly extends the duration of my range trip and by association, my enjoyment. But dang my CZ Shadow 2 is just sooooo boring and uninteresting when I do that. I might as well just toss it off a bridge

Last Edited:
I am speaking of new guns that you do not have any magazines for.
I went to my lgs the other day and while looking at guns sized to the pdp, masada ect. It just stuck out in my mind that there is now wasted space and so logically (in my brain) the micros with an original capacity of ten rounds just made more sense.
I fully understand the benefits of a full sized gun vs micro and it helps to keep that in mind. Ive always carried standard capacity guns and now it just feels off. Im not necessarily freaked out that i may need more than ten rounds in my gun for a fight. Reloading is fairly fast if it came to that. Its really about a gun designed for a certain capacity being under utilised.

Its not like i can run to Oregon and pick up mags and bring them back to Washington right?
Well Oregon is open. And we still have standard mags for sell for the time being.

I "see" where the OP is coming from. We can talk about the constitutionality of mag bans but thats not the point. The point is until mag bans are ruled unconstitutional, then there will be states that pass that law and it does detract from wanting a gun that otherwise accepts standard mags. The problem gets worse with future generations who arent grandfathered into existing standard mags.

Its just like states with "assault" weapon bans. Would anyone here actually want to invest in a compliant AR15? Like whats the point?

1677388211615.png

I "see" where the OP is coming from. We can talk about the constitutionality of mag bans but thats not the point. The point is until mag bans are ruled unconstitutional, then there will be states that pass that law and it does detract from wanting a gun that otherwise accepts standard mags. The problem gets worse with future generations who arent grandfathered into existing standard mags.

Its just like states with "assault" weapon bans. Would anyone here actually want to invest in a compliant AR15? Like whats the point?

View attachment 1373322
The NY variant made me vomit in my mouth a little.

I don't know about you, but when someone starts telling me I can't have something, I want it even more.

Some gun writer long ago said "only accurate guns are interesting ". I think the trend will be more toward accuracy over round count in Oregon. When you are limited to ten rounds I would think folks would want the most accurate gun to carry. When the 114 lemon showed up it was time to make lemonade.

Or guys will carry big caliber guns...

Some gun writer long ago said "only accurate guns are interesting ". I think the trend will be more toward accuracy over round count in Oregon. When you are limited to ten rounds I would think folks would want the most accurate gun to carry. When the 114 lemon showed up it was time to make lemonade.

Or guys will carry big caliber guns...
Or do nothing different than they are doing now and wait for the mag ban portion to be thrown out in court. Benitez ruling will be shortly where he will cancel the mag ban, then appeal where anti-gun 9th will likely overturn it, then scotus. It's not guaranteed that the 9th will overturn it though of course.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top