JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
,Now that new handguns are limited to ten rounds.
When I know that the gun was designed to hold lets say 15, i feel like there is wasted space and so i have started looking at the micro market.
I may be on the spectrum and missing a point of view I've not thought of, so im willing to change my perspective.

Anyone feel the same?
Btw: first post, please be kind to the newbiešŸ˜

When I know that the gun was designed to hold lets say 15, i feel like there is wasted space and so i have started looking at the micro market.
I may be on the spectrum and missing a point of view I've not thought of, so im willing to change my perspective.

Anyone feel the same?
Larger guns are easier to shoot, larger grip more weight for recoil control, better sight picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone feel the same?
Can't you just buy handguns that use your existing mags? Has WA banned the actual gun or just the mags? Also in WA are you prohibited from carrying mags over 10 rounds or just buying them? Seems like this is a mag availability problem, not gun problem.

Well which one do you shoot better? A micro gun that holds 10 rounds or a full size gun that holds 10 roundsā€¦..

My guess is the full size gun. That alone is enough reason for me to go with the full size gun. Then one COULD (not legal advice) probably source standard mags elsewhere if they so desired.

This is one reason I stick (for the most part) to one platform. Let's say 114 passes in Oregon. My STANDARD capacity mags can be utilized in all of my handguns. Plus I simply dislike micro guns.

Well which one do you shoot better? A micro gun that holds 10 rounds or a full size gun that holds 10 roundsā€¦..

My guess is the full size gun. That alone is enough reason for me to go with the full size gun. Then one COULD (not legal advice) probably source standard mags elsewhere if they so desired.

This is one reason I stick (for the most part) to one platform. Let's say 114 passes in Oregon. My STANDARD capacity mags can be utilized in all of my handguns. Plus I simply dislike micro guns.
I definitely shoot on average better with a full size gun. I've thought about the points you raised( very good common sense) but my brain looks at new full sized guns for sale and immediately thinks about missing capacity. Maybe i do need to get tested for an autistic disorder.

I definitely shoot on average better with a full size gun. I've thought about the points you raised( very good common sense) but my brain looks at new full sized guns for sale and immediately thinks about missing capacity. Maybe i do need to get tested for an autistic disorder.
I'll stick with full-size guns. Standard capacity mags. And 9mm.

But that's just me. Haha.

I would hope that everyone in WA and OR stocked up on mags for guns they have and bought at least the minimum for guns they think they might buy in the future. The mag availability problem should then be solved and you don't have to worry about buying a gun that comes with 10 rounds mags or sacrificing anything at all from what you want. Again this is simply a mag availability problem (except in OR in the future where the A-holes will be trying to have 10 round carry mag limits).

I would hope that everyone in WA and OR stocked up on mags for guns they have and bought at least the minimum for guns they think they might buy in the future. The mag availability problem should then be solved and you don't have to worry about buying a gun that comes with 10 rounds mags or sacrificing anything at all from what you want. Again this is simply a mag availability problem (except in OR in the future where the A-holes will be trying to have 10 round carry mag limits).
Montana and Idaho aren't far away either. That's another option.

Works fine for those already into the ownership, people who are 14-17 and not into current politics and legislative decrees never stood a chance. Not many 14 year olds are thinking 4+ years into the future about guns they might want to own and magazines they may need to buy.

Works fine for those already into the ownership, people who are 14-17 and not into current politics and legislative decrees never stood a chance.
That's why we need to help educate them. OR in particular people can still buy mags before the OR Supreme Court overturns Raschio. I wasn't saying that mag bans are no big deal. They are a big deal. What I was saying is it seems kind of silly to sacrifice capacity or a gun you want due to mag availability. Fix the mag availability problem then you aren't limited to what gun to buy. It seems to me that addressing a mag availability problem is minor compared to switching to a new gun which has less capacity than you want.

Last Edited:

Anyone feel the same?
I understand your view but don't feel the same way. There are other attributes to larger firearms besides the greater magazine capacity. Try spending all your range time shooting micro pistols. Your hands won't thank you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top