JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have 3 m1 garands, one personal and two for investment. I am debating whether I should sell/trade one for an mp5. Everyone says they are gonna go up in value but are they really? I feel like over the past few years they have increased but not enough to warrant a long term investment.

For investments, once you decide to sell, sell and don't look back. This is true for stocks, houses, etc. I offloaded a 90s Python that I wasn't shooting for whatever reason. Only you can make that choice.

An actual HK or one of the MKE, Zenith, or other manufacturer MP-5s?

I also have a few M-1s. I paid $750 for Service Grades from the CMP and sold one about a year ago for $1400.

I also have a couple of the MKE MP-5s. They have been going the other direction in price. My first one was a Zenith/MKE imported gun that I paid $1700 for. My more recent one was a Century/MKE imported gun that I paid $1079 for. Same gun, different importer, much lower price.

Interest in WW2 service rifles and pistols has continued to rise and so have the prices.

-E-

An actual HK or one of the MKE, Zenith, or other manufacturer MP-5s?

I also have a few M-1s. I paid $750 for Service Grades from the CMP and sold one about a year ago for $1400.

I also have a couple of the MKE MP-5s. They have been going the other direction in price. My first one was a Zenith/MKE imported gun that I paid $1700 for. My more recent one was a Century/MKE imported gun that I paid $1079 for. Same gun, different importer, much lower price.

Interest in WW2 service rifles and pistols has continued to rise and so have the prices.

-E-
One of the clones, the HK is like 3k lol

I'm not sure how much help anyone can offer you on that decision, it's a pretty personal one.

I think good quality mislurps will always go up in cost, but whether or not it will beat inflation and actually be a worthwhile investment is anyone's guess. The market (and non-market) forces that drive firearm cost will affect both. I think the MP5 clone is probably at greater risk of volatility since they're still in production and a single lot with bad QC can tank its reputation, or a new competitor can arrive in the market, driving down the cost for all clones. A vintage Garand won't be subject to these risks.

So if an investment is really what you're after, I'd stick with the Garand.

But personally, I don't view guns as investments. I've bought high and sold low far too many times because I buy guns to shoot them. If you want to prioritize fun over minimal-at-best monetary gains, get the MP5 clone. And dump some cash into 30 round mags while you can.

I'd also bet that an "assault weapon" ban will make an appearance in the OR legislature within the next couple of legislative sessions, so your window to get one legally may be limited.

Last Edited:
9mm ammo is far cheaper than '06.
If you like actually shooting your guns , well there you go.
enhanced-3435-1584754773-1.jpg

If the MP5 is going to be discontinued, your answer is there, and genuine HK only.
I bought my nickel P7M13 for $1200. Everyone thought I was nuts. Sold it a year later for $1250 at the insistence of my then wife. They discontinued it the next month. Last i checked, they were selling for north of $7K.

If the MP5 is going to be discontinued, your answer is there, and genuine HK only.
I bought my nickel P7M13 for $1200. Everyone thought I was nuts. Sold it a year later for $1250 at the insistence of my then wife. They discontinued it the next month. Last i checked, they were selling for north of $7K.
She making payments on the difference?

How many p7m13 were made? 20,000? And a small portion of those were nickel I would guess. How many garands? 5.4 million. Rarity, demand, and condition are the keys in terms of monetary value IMO. For me the value is in the fun of shooting/building/owning the gun.

Prices have been slowly declining since the Covid money peak a couple years ago. However, parts have been drying up a little and have not dropped as much. You can part out mixmasters for much more than a rifle will sell for. My opinion, the future pricing of them will follow the economy. If they are an investment, get out now because holding any longer will not yield any return.

Prices have been slowly declining since the Covid money peak a couple years ago. However, parts have been drying up a little and have not dropped as much. You can part out mixmasters for much more than a rifle will sell for. My opinion, the future pricing of them will follow the economy. If they are an investment, get out now because holding any longer will not yield any return.
Add to this the reality of runaway inflation.
I'd rather have $700 10 years ago than a grand tomorrow.

You got three sale one, keep two buy what you want. A mke one of the closest best mp5 clones you can get. Also buy up some mags and the gun when on sale. I bought one when on sale then they had another model on sale so I bought another one lol love both of mine

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top