JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is not a want to buy ad, but I was approached by my boss's wife who would like to try to figure out who has her father's old custom hunting rifle. It was made in the '60s by local Oregonian i think. Remington 7mm. Custom hand carved stock.

1000014403.jpg

In 1975 I had a custom rifle build on a Mauser 98 reciver. It had a custom bolt handle, trigger, and custom made scope mounts. It was in a Red White and Blue laminated stock with a wild roll over cheekpiece. very stylish in 75.

A few years later I sold it to fund a new rifle. I always wonder what became of it. But most likely it was restocked to something more in style. DR

Very distinctive stock. However, as indicated above, those things can be trendy. By now, what was a highly recognizable stock might be long gone from the barreled action.

The picture is great. Red fishing hat, boat in the driveway, 57 Plymouth tooling down the road. No blue tarps in the background.

Wasn't it a 1957 Plymouth that was used in the movie, "Christine"?

This is not a want to buy ad, but I was approached by my boss's wife who would like to try to figure out who has her father's old custom hunting rifle. It was made in the '60s by local Oregonian i think. Remington 7mm. Custom hand carved stock.

View attachment 1808360
A picture from a different era for sure. The hide of a fresh kill with the rifle that did it posing in the front yard. Im sure not a single neighbor even batted an eye.

Wasn't it a 1957 Plymouth that was used in the movie, "Christine"?
Christine was a '58. Still love that film.

Chuck Norris hides behind the 6.5CM when it gets thick!
More like: Chuck Norris doesn't pass kidney stones... he passes 6.5 Creedmoor.

It was made in the '60s by local Oregonian i think.
Maybe it was one of Oregons legendary gunsmiths, Gene Coltons custom rifles....

I'd love to see this story conclude with a happy ending, there's nothing more that I like them a "Happy Ending". Those are literally my favorite! Good luck to the OP here finding his, that would be a good story to locate the rifle. There's been someone on Craigslist for several years looking for a homemade tractor built years ago, I hope he gets a happy ending too!

A picture from a different era for sure. The hide of a fresh kill with the rifle that did it posing in the front yard. Im sure not a single neighbor even batted an eye.
I doubt people are as jumpy as they're made out to be. I certainly don't live in a gun friendly neighborhood, though nobody said anything when I was sawing off my buck's head on my tailgate and skinning the rest...

Not exactly related, I have a nosy person in my life who decided a box on my porch needed to be looked inside and investigated. They found a deer head. They no longer feel like being nosy.

I doubt people are as jumpy as they're made out to be. I certainly don't live in a gun friendly neighborhood, though nobody said anything when I was sawing off my buck's head on my tailgate and skinning the rest...

Not exactly related, I have a nosy person in my life who decided a box on my porch needed to be looked inside and investigated. They found a deer head. They no longer feel like being nosy.
Even the worst "Karen" is probably gonna be little apprehensive approaching someone sawing off the head of anything on the tailgate of their truck. 😃

The last buck I took when we stilled lived on the wet-side of WA. had to be hidden from the neighbors when I removed his head.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews