JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 2nd Amendment covers more than guns. It is the right to bear arms - arms being more than firearms, arms would include bladed weapons, clubs, mace, bow & arrow, staves, etc - arms = weapons. The reason there are no universal knife laws, is because everyone is so concerned about guns under the 2nd that they ignore every other type of arm. It was much easier to ban scarey types of blades, and was not viewed as the huge infringement upon our constitutional rights that it is.

A man ought to be able to walk down the sidewalk with a bastard sword slung across his back and an M249 across his front, a Glock 18 on one hip, and a tanto on the other, with daggers in each boot, a .38 in each front pocket, and tasers on drop leg holsters, without any law, ordinance, rule, or policy stating otherwise. Yeah, that dude would get some serious looks, people would (and maybe rightfully so) move out of his way, but no government stooge should have the ability to stop him simply for exercising his rights. Until he does something threatening or breaks some other law (and that law should be be logical and not simply an infringement and encumbrance to our liberty) he should be left to go about his business.

I lost the link to the case law when I changed computers. There was a Multnomah County case.
A kid was convicted of carrying a gravity knife, (same law as a switchblade). Actually it was a simple folder that could be wrist flicked open as most modern folder can be. The Judge ruled that based on this, it was gravity knife. Also, even though the pocket clip was visible, it was ruled concealed as the arresting officer testified that the clip could be for a phone on other item and he did not know if it was a knife or not. Think flashlight clip. Now, keep in mind that the kid was a protester taunting the police, they wanted a reason to arrest him. And it was a Multnomah County Judge.
So, don't do stupid stuff, especially in Portland, and you will most likely be OK.

VR headsets and virtual girls - but use a firewall lest you get a virus :D
Fmedia.gettyimages.com%2Fphotos%2Fwall-with-window-on-fire-in-desert-picture-id200379257-002&f=1.jpg

I tried making a firewall but before the whole thing caught the damn Fire Department put it out. :mad: Oh well, I tried...

I do agree with all of you who think most ( if not all ) knife laws are ridiculous.
At least once a year I get hassled at school for carrying a pocket knife.
The last time , after hearing all the talk about no weapons on school grounds and being asked "Why do I insist on carrying a knife?"
I answered with :
"Do you remember our student N----?"
"Do you remember when she had a seizure and had to be cut out of the school bus seat belt?"
"Do you remember it was me who cut her out of the belt that was wrapped around her neck?"
"So now do you get why I insist on carrying a knife?!"

Sorry for thread drift ... Mostly my knife is concealed , unless I 'm using it , then the person usually says "Thanks" ... Which is often followed by "Why do you have a knife?" :confused:
Andy
I carried a knife of some sort for thirty years while teaching. Only questions came from other teachers wanting to borrow it to be able to cut something in their classroom. Go figure :confused:

I get that "Can I borrow your knife?" a lot.
There is only about four teachers on staff who I might let borrow my knife.
Usually I just do the cutting and try to be low key about it .
By the way this is knife which is causing all the fuss:
Its the one in the middle. A US Army "Demo" knife that "followed me home" after my service.
Andy
DSC06054.jpg

I get that "Can I borrow your knife?" a lot.
There is only about four teachers on staff who I might let borrow my knife.
Usually I just do the cutting and try to be low key about it .
By the way this is knife which is causing all the fuss:
Its the one in the middle. A US Army "Demo" knife that "followed me home" after my service.
Andy
View attachment 332694

That TL-29 is still USGI issue and Colonial makes it in 440C steel with a Rc hardness of 58-60. Don't let anyone kid you. These are a marvelous value for the money.

Mines a Camillus and has proven it worth many times over.
You will occasionally see 'em for sale at gun shows for around $30 -$40 dollars.
Neat little piece of GI history that you can use everyday. :)
Andy

Some time ago, the military had these manufactured in 1095 Carbon Steel. I presume that the manufacturers that have the USGI contract alter the blade composition to 440C. I surmise that this was due to the corrosive environs encountered by both the USN and the USMC. I am certain that most of you know that from the 40's until the 80's 440C was considered a "super steel". While many modern alloys have superseded it, 440C is still an excellent choice.

(In the meantime, we'll lay aft and pipe sweepers).

Carry on, soldier.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads