JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suspect, the court is going to find fault in some of the shooters actions.
Wielding a knife at (other) people tucked safely inside a 3000lb mobile, steel cage doesn't exactly meet all 3, AOJ standards.
Good intentions or not, the court may (will) find he instigated the contact with this individual, and then shot him claiming self defense, when he should have remained outside of the incident and contacted LE.
Doing otherwise has proven to be a bad tactic full of legal challenge.
Just ask George Zimmerman.

Wielding a knife at (other) people tucked safely inside a 3000lb mobile, steel cage doesn't exactly meet all 3, AOJ standards.
Good intentions or not, the court may (will) find he instigated the contact with this individual, and then shot him claiming self defense, when he should have remained outside of the incident and contacted LE.
Were others in grave bodily danger and or afraid for their lives? I didn't click.

The linked article does not give many details but he was setting up his food truck for a holiday parade so it sounds like there were others around, and possibly a significant number, since the parade started in about an hour. His family was with him as well and in the area. I get what you are saying about AOJ (Ability, opportunity and jeopardy for those not familiar with the concept) with ability and jeopardy pretty apparent but the opportunity being in question for those inside of vehicles. It appears there may have been exposed people around as well from some other reports.

With Zimmerman, police did not initially charge him, thinking his actions were lawful. Politics and the prosecutors took over and then ultimately he was found not guilty. Agree with you that looking for trouble is not a great idea, but ultimately Martin was found to be the aggressor.

Something the defender in Maine stated from another article, "Poto recalled telling the man to calm down, sit down, and relax. He just kept coming, he said." I am not blaming him, but his de-escalation wording could use some refining. Next time you are having a disagreement with your significant other, try saying, "Calm down, sit down and relax." Good luck with that. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews