JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is a newer style gate and much stronger than your original gate you posted. I love how the goal posts keep moving in these posts and people find stronger and stronger gates to fit their narrative. Comical. Sounds like what the libs do on pretty much every topic 🙄, haha.

The original gate you posted is an older style gate and I've seen them destroyed by some rowdy folks. The older style gates are not as strong as you think.

If you were talking about a new style gate and were thinking of that, not sure why you wouldn't post that to begin with.
You don't have to use that gate. You can pick the gate. 3 ton van with airbags. But we get to video. That includes at least one GoPro inside the van. Probably several.

Cordless Angle Grinder with a side note.

I would cut just enough to slide the lock or chain off and put back after passing.
That way the lock will look like it was " not " cut. Maybe even duct tape or electrical tape,
smear it with dirt so it looks untouched.
Its not just enough to out run, but out think a threat

Argus

Cordless Angle Grinder with a side note.

I would cut just enough to slide the lock or chain off and put back after passing.
That way the lock will look like it was " not " cut. Maybe even duct tape or electrical tape,
smear it with dirt so it looks untouched.
Its not just enough to out run, but out think a threat

Argus
Nice idea, but one small problem.
Many of the gate locks are *shielded.

*Shielded - the lock is inside a protective shield made from square or round tube.
No direct (line of sight) access to the lock.

Yes.....when I start my spring trapping season first week is typically alot of work clearing the roads out. The well traveled mainlines are normally good to go but the less traveled roads can be a disaster
Every BLM work truck I ever drove had a pick, shovel, axe, chainsaw and a 50' length of chain in it as well as what everything else needed for what ever job at hand.

SHTF Scenario: It is the zombie apocalypse. WROL. You are running away (in a vehicle) for your life. Time is an issue. You encounter a forest road gate:

View attachment 1771372

Your vehicle cannot get around it. You absolutely need to get past that gate with your vehicle, its contents and passengers. You do not care about law enforcement/etc.

What relatively portable cutting device do you use?

Portable band saw?

I am disinclined to carry a cutting torch.
Probably a hacksaw. Or a dose of 7.62..............

You still haven't chosen airbags or seatbelts.

Awesome. Now pick a gate and we'll start organizing this thing. Think about it: You get to pick the gate. It has to be a real gate like we are all picturing - not some cheapo garden gate.
When is this happening? We need to sell tickets for a fundraiser!

I admire the enthusiasm, but I'm calling no balls on this one

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR