JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Snap-on tool analogy says it perfectly - high initial quality, reliable performance for decades. I've got Savage, CZ, and Anschutz .22 rifles. For the long term, it's Anschutz.

Going into a "test" knowing what you want to prove may not be entirely without bias. Do a search for "Tack Driving" targets, well known on, for example, rimfirecentral.com. Shoot 4 to 5 targets with your preferred low cost .22LR rimfire rifle, and then shoot 4 to 5 targets with a high end rimfire rifle (that's 100 to 125 rounds with each rifle). Use good rimfire target ammo - Eley, Wolf, RWS, SK, Lapua (one of my Anschutz's won't even chamber CCI Standard Velocity) and let us know how it goes.

Better yet, gather 3-4 low cost rimfire rifles and 3-4 high end rifles. Test them all. You may find there's a reason - beyond "bling" - that serious marksmen are willing to pay $1,000+ for rimfire rifles.

For hunting? Probably not. For hitting the center of the target you're aiming at, absolutely.

For what it's worth, I always found my former Porsche 911 to be more fun as a daily driver than my current Toyota Sienna. They both did the same job, but one did it beautifully.

PS to the OP - Given your bias, you may suck as a market analyst if you don't recognize what drives segments of a market.

'...that serious marksmen are willing to pay $1,000+ for rimfire rifles.'

Look up Bleiker.

Pardini Guns USA | Pardini Store
store_logo.png
Cart ContentsCheckoutMy Account
Pardini Guns USA » Store » Bleiker Rifles » 2.101
$9,500.00
.22 Rifle Challenger Sport
[2.101]

Challenger%20Sport%20copy.jpg

I guess if $1000 cost a bit too much for you that you've never heard of a Cooper or Anshutz? So on the other hand have you ever heard of a Combat Wilson, Ed Brown, Nighthawk, or Cabot when it comes to 1911? How about a Korth when it comes to a Revolver? Well a S&W 41 is a 22 semi and it's cost north of 1K for awhile now.

Heck, I paid about 1K for a Winchester 9422 and it's only a 22 Lever gun.

Out of all of my guns which there aren't that many some of my most expensive are 22s. The design, material, and craftmanship on a 22 is no less desirable or expensive just because it's a lowly 22. I purchased my 22s both rifles and handguns with the same perquisites, desires, and priorities that I purchased all of my centerfires with.

This is but one example of a Cooper 22.

CCooper 57M Western Classic Black Marble Cake Stock W.JPG Cooper 57M Western Classic Black Marble Cake Stock  X.JPG Cooper 57M Western Classic Black Marble Cake Stock A.JPG

Here's just another run of the mill 22. I doubt you"ll find many of these at your local Walmart even Sears or Western Auto when they actually made them back in the 60s. Korth 1969b B.JPG .

I had the .357 Mag - the big bother to that beautiful revolver. It has been slag in the bottom of a furnace these many years.

I decided to go with a Mongoose instead. I call them my Pythons because when I decided which DA revolvers I wanted the most I decided to go with a Korth. However going back to the original OPs subject of cost there wasn't really that much difference between the 357/9mm and the 1969b 22 that I purchased. Personally no matter the caliber I would rather have fewer nicer examples than many not so nice.

I see no reason why I shouldn't smile just as much when pulling out that 22 that I do with any other gun that I might chose to own.

Korth Mongoose 357 9mm A.JPG

For me some of my early and biggest mistakes were actually buying lower cost 22s. However after gaining a bit more knowledge on places such as this it wasn't long before I started making choices that were better fits for me.

In my opinion my Freedom Arms 97 in 22 happens to be one of my better choices.

All of these guns happen to be much better than I will ever be, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy them.

Freedom Arms 97 22LR A.JPG

I actually own a pretty nice 10/22. And my interest in rimfires is quite alive believe me. I just prefer WMR or HMR.

But since the general population has come to the conclusion that I dislike rimfire, my job here is complete.

:s0140:

Hello,

I did not remember and I thought that you hated RF firearms too!

I know that several people on this forum don't WANT to own or SHOOT RF firearms at all. And if they own them, they don't take them out to shoot them. They mention this quite often on this forum.

I knew 3 men on another old forum who SOLD all of their RF firearms and RF ammo several years ago too. They gifted some of their RF firearms and ammo to some family members too. And it had nothing to do with the fake/real RF ammunition shortages either. They had plenty of RF stock on hand as my MT husband and I did and still do plus those guys reloaded since the early 70's as my MT husband has done. I do not reload/handload.

I LOVE 22lr and I love 22wmr firearms.

I LOVED to shoot CF firearms in the past too. (Physical issues here.)

I don't own a 22wmr rifle now but I am thinking about getting one again. I only shoot rifles now.

Take care.

Old Lady Cate - Former High Volume Shooter in CF and RF handguns and rifles.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top