JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just searched on Amazon for ".22 cal shell holder". There's a couple of options there if buttstock mounted is acceptable.
I was really hoping for something I could mount close to the chamber. It's for a savage Rascal. That way not a ton of movement or repositioning is needed to grab a new round and put it in the chamber.

Usually I just leave the box of ammo next to the rifle around that area on the bench and you can grab one and put it in from there.

I'm looking for something that would be easy for him to use if he was not shooting from the bench.

Not much out there. Found these.
I always discount Amazon. We canceled our membership a bit ago and since then I always forget to check there. I'm curious to why their results don't show up in Google's results. Searched the same coarse of wording in there and got these.

I've seen 22 target rifles with a 10 hole wooden block screwed to the stock's right side beside the action. About 1/2 inch wide, 3/4 high, and 4 or so inches long.

Bruce
Biathlon rifles have both spare single rounds and magazine holders built in. While I'm not sure if this kind of stock exists for my kids rifle, I do know that this kind of anschutz cost a few times more money than my sons savage!!!

1678326338063.jpeg

I'm really digging the cheapo bit holder , maybe super glued to plastic stock
Fwiw I use sticky silicone to glue them to impact drivers. I found it's key to have some flexibility otherwise it shears off too easy. Last one (silicone) fell off after about 4-5 years of use then had to reapply. For more permanent you can use urethane glue like they use for windshields. Stays flexible and crazy strong. It's too expensive so I don't use it but for long term that would be best. Clean both sides with alcohol and ideally rough up if possible with sandpaper or at least a scotch brite pad. Just my experience. Handiest thing in the world to have all your key bits right on the tool. Amazon I think also sells specific bit holders for impact drivers/drills but I haven't used them.

Well, at any rate, the boy's gonna learn two things:

1. A Single Shot rifle will be the best rifle you ever shoot (because it teaches you to shoot AND have fun).

2. A Single Shot rifle needs ammo handy.

Could not find good image of pipe foam pellet holder I was talking about. The one below is closest I can find. This woudl fit around the barrel near the chamber but may not work if using iron sights cu it woudl block the sights. I suppose could use thicker foam and mount underbarrel but I think will still block iron sights.

4BD0C67A-AF78-4682-8225-B2A920030715.jpeg

I did notice this though in the image search that something like this could be attached to the stock perhaps. Might have to find thicker version, double it up, or make ur own (or could work as is).

D8EB7DC7-2AFA-4911-A134-CA56C9E4DBED.jpeg
btw, In the search I saw this (what the ?):

D5367C8B-6C5C-4C14-AFAF-CFFDA1B08CFD.jpeg

Last Edited:
Heres a buttstock holder specifically for 22lr....

1678330138511.png

and another version...

another idea, more DIY....
I think this is more what Renos after... (?)
1678330402431.png

except maybe take a needle and thread and make a stitch right down the middle or offset and maybe just maybe it will hold a 22lr round tight enough. For $12.50 it might be worth a try. Worst case pull the DIY stitch and use on dads rifle.

Last Edited:
Heres a buttstock holder specifically for 22lr....

View attachment 1379937

and another version...
Man! A kid with a Rascal could make the Oregonian as having an "arsenal" with that 72-rounder!

I wonder on that one. Case diameter is .225 so my guess is they would fall out if upside down or jostled. That is how the hard plastic 1/4" bit holders are (but flexible bit holders seem to be ok). Maybe if it was coated with spray on primer or something (or rubbery stuff like flex seal) to reduce the interior diameter it might hold tight. But that woudl wear off over time. Just guessing here, I have not used. Probably some of these will be a bit of trial and error anyway.

I wonder if there are some leather ones out there? They make little pouches for naa revolver to hold extra rounds but that wouldn't be convenient.

I suppose you could also use a weak springed single stack 22 magazine from a pistol or something too. But that would be awfully clumsy looking. Unless it was physically mounted inside the stock. Fe let's say a ruger rotary mag set into the stock (maybe at the bottom) so that only the tip of the magazine protrudes. Just crazy ideas on that one for folks that like home experiments and don't mind screwing up the guns looks if it doesn't work ha ha. Too bad the naa revolver speed loaders only hold five rounds. That would work but too limited on rounds and too bulky I would think.

Another oddball idea is that the plastic yellow wall anchors fit for use as 22 snap caps. If the anchors came in some type of holder (or if you could buy one) that could work. Chance of that being out there I would think less than 5% though as it's really oddball thought.

E6E9B658-64F6-42E5-A87A-C76CB0BA8CCD.png
73692BA0-83D6-4FDC-98FE-C001EE82715E.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads