JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to get a side saddle that can hold at least 10 rounds for my sons single shot. My Google-fu isn't what it used to be or this sort of thing isn't made. Only thing I've found was 3d printed stuff.

Any other ideas on how to go about securing 10 rounds to the side of a stock are appreciated as well.

Reno

Thinking along these lines.

1678306582159.jpeg

If the single shot is a pretty cool one (most are), I'd look at cannibalizing a short section of old leather .22 gunbelt (with loops) and add straps for fastening to the butt. (Or pay to have a leatherworker do it).

In related news, New Member introduction from a leather-worker just popped up today @holsterguy.

I've had fair luck diminishing the "loop size" (but never to .22 dia.) on Uncle Mikes-type butt carriers by running a stitch that bisects the factory loop lengthwise. Maybe a pistol cartridge carrier for .357 or .40 could be modified this way to grip a .22 round, then straps sewn to attach.

I've been wanting a 3-5 round one for the MDT and/or a mag holder that would come closer to the action than the first mlok slot.

Seems you're on your own though - perhaps not enough widespread interest to justify the product's existence?

I'm looking to get a side saddle that can hold at least 10 rounds for my sons single shot. My Google-fu isn't what it used to be or this sort of thing isn't made. Only thing I've found was 3d printed stuff.

Any other ideas on how to go about securing 10 rounds to the side of a stock are appreciated as well.

Reno
With single shot pellet guns I used to use foam pipe insulation and cut holes in it. The foam holds the pellets at the ready. Cut the foam lengthwise and it goes around the barrel. Might would work for 22 also but have never tried.

Good thinking @Spitpatch I'll look around for those leather gun belts. I know I've seen a bandolier too in 22lr.

With single shot pellet guns I used to use foam pipe insulation and cut holes in it. The foam holds the pellets at the ready. Cut the foam lengthwise and it goes around the barrel. Might would work for 22 also but have never tried.
This is a good thought. Foam could be an option if I find something for it that looks like it will work. I'll keep this in my thoughts as a pause the hardware store.

What is this sort of thing called exactly?

I keep searching for side ammo holder, or ammo carrier. Yet all sorts of things come up with those searches.

Closest thing I've found this far.

1678308721027.jpeg

Edit: I'm not sure if the rubberized black one below is from a multi tool or from regular 1/4" but holder. If it's from multi tool it's possible it's not standard size. If you happen to have similar lying around you could check.

Also I just checked rubberized 1/4 bit holders will work (see edit above though cuz may not be standard size?). Holds it tight. The hard plastic bit holders will not work cuz it just falls out if upside down or if jostled.

Will work

0CE3AE4B-8B2E-47E6-B6EB-AB065FC4B1C2.jpeg
Will not work

4ADEF3AB-A8D9-406F-AA0B-958594F7CCB5.jpeg

Last Edited:
Edit: I'm not sure if the rubberized black one below is from a multi tool or from regular 1/4" but holder. If it's from multi tool it's possible it's not standard size. If you happen to have similar lying around you could check.

Also I just checked rubberized 1/4 bit holders will work (see edit above though cuz may not be standard size?). Holds it tight. The hard plastic bit holders will not work cuz it just falls out if upside down or if jostled.

Will work

View attachment 1379676
Will not work

View attachment 1379679
Google image search just now turned up this thread of people using bit holders.

Would have never thought to use hex but holders! That's an amazing idea.

Thanks everyone, keep the ideas flowing!!!

Would have never thought to use hex but holders! That's an amazing idea.

Thanks everyone, keep the ideas flowing!!!
Only other things I can think of would be a flexible golf tee holder or rubber vacuum hose for cars. Hose would be a PITA cuz you would have to stitch or glue the individual hose pieces together somehow. But you could put bullets on both ends of the hose pieces.

E59D73FC-765E-4F83-8F03-85B20DC54347.jpeg C8D887CE-D70F-4A7F-92D8-361E47D19E23.jpeg 7019EB7C-5C34-4A34-9CD8-82EA07811088.jpeg 26588086-9089-4065-90D3-E3629ED6F209.jpeg

Last Edited:
I just searched on Amazon for ".22 cal shell holder". There's a couple of options there if buttstock mounted is acceptable.

I've seen 22 target rifles with a 10 hole wooden block screwed to the stock's right side beside the action. About 1/2 inch wide, 3/4 high, and 4 or so inches long.

Bruce

Reno
Google how to make a paracord golf tee holder.
You will need to do a little modification to attach it, but it looks doable.
👍👍

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads