JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been trying to find the time to dig into these issues further, hopefully soon.

Tonight I rebuilt all of the server side caches. Please let me know if it fixed any of these quirks before I go further ;)

No change on either of the two issues I've mentioned as of this morning. I know a server change like this is likely to have some issues that will take some time to fix, just want to keep you informed.

Oh, and the avatars are still missing from most of the links in the sidebars too.

Last Edited:
Still waiting to hear back regarding the intermingled ads/threads and lack of avatars in the Recent Threads sidebar block.

I'm noticing that when I click on a thread that I've been reading, not following/haven't posted on, it hasn't refreshed to the post just after where I left it the day before. So basically when I click on a thread this morning that I left yesterday morning, I'll have a number of post I'd already read and then the new. Do I make sense with this?

Second, I've found another issue to report. I'm noticing when I click on a new thread, I'm being taken to the last post in that thread, not to the first post in the thread like normal. This is a new thing since the upgrade.

No change on either of the two issues I've mentioned as of this morning. I know a server change like this is likely to have some issues that will take some time to fix, just want to keep you informed.

This is an odd issue, seems it's not 'remembering' which threads you've read and where you've left off. Is this any better or different today?

Mikej said:
I'm noticing that when I click on a thread that I've been reading, not following/haven't posted on, it hasn't refreshed to the post just after where I left it the day before. So basically when I click on a thread this morning that I left yesterday morning, I'll have a number of post I'd already read and then the new. Do I make sense with this?

I don't seem to have this issue anymore. Been reading since about 6:30 this morning and all threads clicked have put me on newest post since yesterday.

Mikej said:

I don't seem to have this issue anymore. Been reading since about 6:30 this morning and all threads clicked have put me on newest post since yesterday.

Good to hear! Hopefully the cache rebuilds last night fixed that issue.

Okay, I take that back. I went to the "Gun & Girls" thread and it put me in the middle of a 2/1 post? I know I've been there a time or three since then.:rolleyes:

Sorry Joe.

Still waiting to hear back regarding the intermingled ads/threads and lack of avatars in the Recent Threads sidebar block.

This is an odd issue, seems it's not 'remembering' which threads you've read and where you've left off. Is this any better or different today?

Just tried it again by clicking on a link to a new (to me) thread. Same thing - it's taking me to the last post in the thread, even if I've not previously been on that thread.

Okay, I take that back. I went to the "Gun & Girls" thread and it put me in the middle of a 2/1 post? I know I've been there a time or three since then.:rolleyes:

Sorry Joe.

All good, we'll get it figured out :)

Can you try clearing your browser cache and cookies for NWFA, then trying again?

I could do that! If I knew how for sure? I'm using Chrome, and guessing I would need to log in again? Hope I can remember my password....

I could do that! If I knew how for sure? I'm using Chrome, and guessing I would need to log in again? Hope I can remember my password....

Try this:

Click on the 3 bars in the upper right hand corner, then select "History"

Capture1.JPG

You will see a list of your recent browsing history:

Capture2.JPG

Type www.northwestfirearms.com in the search window to isolate only those entries:

Capture3.JPG

Select all the boxes and click on "Remove Selected Items"

Capture4.JPG

Hopefully that will do it for you. It's what I did and it appears to have worked on this one particular issue.

There are a couple of bugs with the new version of the widget framework in use for the sidebars, specifically not respecting the specific section which @Joe Link has chosen them to be displayed from. This has been brought to the attention of the developer.

upload_2016-2-10_0-2-5.png

Try this:

Click on the 3 bars in the upper right hand corner, then select "History"

View attachment 276971

You will see a list of your recent browsing history:

View attachment 276972

Type www.northwestfirearms.com in the search window to isolate only those entries:

View attachment 276973

Select all the boxes and click on "Remove Selected Items"

View attachment 276974

Hopefully that will do it for you. It's what I did and it appears to have worked on this one particular issue.

I thought it did, but this morning I click on a thread from my alerts and it goes back to a thread in January on one, and another "Necro" brought back by someone from 2013!

I can't lock my for sale for ad from tools…
Will not click on

Are you trying to click on the words Thread Tools? If so, that's just the title of the menu. You have to uncheck the Open checkbox. Let me know if it works.

Joe
Is there a way to mass delete conversations ?

I'm full and don't see a way to do it.

Yep. First, go to the <broken link removed>. You should see check boxes next to each of the conversations. Check the first one, check the 'Select All' box, then click the 'Leave Conversations' box.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top