JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,
I'm fairly new here and I've been looking around, so far unsuccessfully, for anyone who has had similar issues with the magazine release buttons on concealed carry pieces...
Problem is that on rare occasions I've reached down to do a check or adjustment and found the magazine popped out slightly. This is rare, and I'm talking about a time span of many years, many gun and holster combinations. It's caused me to make changes and rethink certain designs and tactics...
It's a very unsettling feeling that I cannot allow if possible.

Have any of you experienced this?
What have you done to solve the issue?

Thank you all

You fix this by getting a better holster (unless you have a weird heal release model). A holster should protect the trigger and by extension the mag release. If the mag release is getting pressed you need a holster that does a better job of protecting it. For right handed people this just needs to be a little pocket space next to your body, and the holster just needs to keep stuff out of that space and prevent the gun from getting pressed against your body too hard. For left handed people you need a holster that fully covers the button, as it will be exposed on the outside for the world to bump into. (left handed people can also opt for a cross draw configuration to keep the button against the body, but cross draw has its own issues. . . ). If you have a good and proper holster this should never be an issue for you again.

I have run into that with leather IWB holsters for the 1911, I solved it by cutting the leather away from the area around the mag release and gaining enough weight that I can't do IWB any more :(

I have run into that with leather IWB holsters for the 1911, I solved it by cutting the leather away from the area around the mag release and gaining enough weight that I can't do IWB any more :(
I feel you there. I finally gave up on fitting into my "younger" jeans and moved the whole wardrobe over to the new size. . .

My EDC was originally purchased for my wife, but she has since decided she can't rack the slide. As she's LH, I had switched the mag release to the right side of the weapon and have yet to move it back. Seems to have solved any issue before it could occur, and has the added benefit of keeping my trigger finger off the trigger when releasing the slide.

I feel you there. I finally gave up on fitting into my "younger" jeans and moved the whole wardrobe over to the new size. . .
IMG_2215.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads