JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since I am now ad-free on this site, there are much fewer problems, and loads are faster than they've ever been. The ads are not necessarily a problem in themselves, but apparently a problem with my computer, as my computer will freeze up on other sites that are heavily laden with advertising, as they constantly did on this site when I was still seeing ads.

Bottom line...My boy says my computer is obsolete. I'm not opposed to buying a new one, but he's not around much to get it hooked up for me.:confused:

WAYNO.

Since I am now ad-free on this site, there are much fewer problems, and loads are faster than they've ever been. The ads are not necessarily a problem in themselves, but apparently a problem with my computer, as my computer will freeze up on other sites that are heavily laden with advertising, as they constantly did on this site when I was still seeing ads.

Bottom line...My boy says my computer is obsolete. I'm not opposed to buying a new one, but he's not around much to get it hooked up for me.:confused:

WAYNO.

Great feedback, thank you for the update (and the support)! I'll definitely be looking into ways we can minimize the impact of ads on the site.

New site won't let me access the "Edit/Report/etc" menu at bottom right, takes me back to the forum home. Also, I have to click "More Options" to get a text-box for writing posts at all.

EDIT: Merging posts since it turns out the site is still *actually frackin' USABLE* on Opera, just not Firefox/Pale Moon... which is the relevant browser for all of the below gripes.

- - - Below this line are Addenda, merged with initial post. - - -
Since I can't edit: Just started doing this sometime in the past few hours. And I'm sorry, but your database is gonna probably end up getting cluttered with Addenda posts like this until somebody gets Edit fixed. :p

Also, the top-bar isn't visible until I go to More Options to compose a post.

Whatever you did in the past few hours, PLEASE just UN-do it already because it's nothing but a Bloody Balls-Up, as @tac might say...

Furthermore, thread loading is slower than chilled molasses at the North Pole on New Year's Day.

Last Edited:
When I enter this site, it opens with hjahvon's profile page. How can I stop this? It's been doing this for the last couple of weeks, not every time, but often, and in increasing frequency.

Do you know how to clear your browsing history and cookies? If so, that may help with your particular issue. I make a habit of cleaning those things from my computer on a fairly regular basis.

An issue I don't know if only I'm experiencing it because of settings, or if everyone is experiencing it...

I've been watching an ad in the ammunition classifieds. I know there have been replies, but the replies don't go to the top of the page. I do receive notifications if it's a thread i've participated in, but when I'm looking for a post that I know existed, and it's not indexed in order of posting, it makes me think I'm losing my marbles, as it could be way down the page.

P1030815.jpg photo hosting

Last Edited:
If I'm not mistaken, the classified ads section is one where new posts don't automatically bump the ad to the top. It keeps people from constantly trying to bump their ad up.

Periodically I am not noticed of the goofey humor thread. Other threads notify me but this one periodically drops me until I like something. at which time it will follow the thread for awhile. I am notified of much older and less watched threads with no problem.o_O

In the last couple days the ability to mark a classifieds forum read is no longer there. This is on Google Chrome both on a Windows PC and an Android phone.

Edit: Just checked on IE 11, same problem.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top