JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From time to time I read about issues people are having with the website, usually mentioned in random unrelated threads. Unfortunately very few of these issues get reported to us, so we don't have the opportunity to fix them. If you're having an issue with the website please, please let us know so we can look into it :)

Today is the worse for lagging. It is taking an extremely long time for everything to work. The last week or so has had problems but nothing like right now. Other than that things seem to be working ok.

Today is the worse for lagging. It is taking an extremely long time for everything to work. The last week or so has had problems but nothing like right now. Other than that things seem to be working ok.

Thank you, I'll see what I can find. Is this the only site lagging for you?

@Joe Link I've got a new issue that just popped up this morning. The bar at the top of the page is no longer staying in place when I scroll down the screen - it's disappearing and I have to go back to the top of the page to get back to those links. This just started for me, that I've noticed, today. It's happening both on a laptop and an iPad.

Hi Joe, I'm having the opposite happening! When I expand a photo the bar expands to meet the photo. It can cover half of the page. I'm on an iPad Air. Thanks!

Yes it is. Thanks for looking into it.

How has it been the last day or two?

@Joe Link I've got a new issue that just popped up this morning. The bar at the top of the page is no longer staying in place when I scroll down the screen - it's disappearing and I have to go back to the top of the page to get back to those links. This just started for me, that I've noticed, today. It's happening both on a laptop and an iPad.

Due to an accessibility issue (zooming) on phones and tablets we had to disable the fixed navbar. I'm not sure if we're going to be able to find a solution to bring it back, but we're looking into it. For now the navbar will behave like the one in V2.

Hi Joe, I'm having the opposite happening! When I expand a photo the bar expands to meet the photo. It can cover half of the page. I'm on an iPad Air. Thanks!

Which photo are you looking at? I'll check it out.

Due to an accessibility issue (zooming) on phones and tablets we had to disable the fixed navbar. I'm not sure if we're going to be able to find a solution to bring it back, but we're looking into it. For now the navbar will behave like the one in V2.

Does that have to be a site setting? Or would it be possible to make it a user preference so we could choose for purselves? I've not experienced any issues with the bar while zooming on the iPad.

Does that have to be a site setting? Or would it be possible to make it a user preference so we could choose for purselves? I've not experienced any issues with the bar while zooming on the iPad.

This is how I think we'll have to solve it, by making it a user option. On larger devices it's not an issue, but when you zoom in on a phone the navbar takes up half of the screen.

Problems:

1) Videos do not appear when inserted into a post. The link is there, there is a space in the post, but no player. I have to "reply" or "quote" the post to get the link, and then go to youtube to play it.

Sometimes the same is true of pics, but usually not.

2) Lately, if I quote/reply to a post, and then post my reply, the quoted text is not flushed from the reply text area at the bottom of the screen. It reappears.

All that I've tried, a lot! Now this is expanding the item with a finger spread on a touch screen! A double tap seems to work normally. Unfortunately the eyesight needs more expansion to see small detail. Thanks again, Joe!

Problems:

1) Videos do not appear when inserted into a post. The link is there, there is a space in the post, but no player. I have to "reply" or "quote" the post to get the link, and then go to youtube to play it.

Sometimes the same is true of pics, but usually not.

2) Lately, if I quote/reply to a post, and then post my reply, the quoted text is not flushed from the reply text area at the bottom of the screen. It reappears.

Thanks for the reports!

1) Do you have a post you can link me to so I can take a look? You could also post one here.

2) Desktop or Mobile/Tablet? How long has this been happening? Have you been switching between V2 and V3 much?

All that I've tried, a lot! Now this is expanding the item with a finger spread on a touch screen! A double tap seems to work normally. Unfortunately the eyesight needs more expansion to see small detail. Thanks again, Joe!

For whatever reason I thought you meant on a desktop :D

This issue you're describing is exactly why we had to disable the fixed navbar which 'floated' down the page. Now that it's disabled you shouldn't have this issue (but let me know).

1 - Sure. Here is a vid right after this line:

2 - I am using a MacBook laptop with OSX 10.7.5 and Chrome 46.0.2490.86 (64-bit)

This (quotes) has been happening for a few weeks. I switched to look at the new forum version when the preview first came out, but switched back and haven't looked at the new version since.

2 - I am using a MacBook laptop with OSX 10.7.5 and Chrome 46.0.2490.86 (64-bit)

This (quotes) has been happening for a few weeks. I switched to look at the new forum version when the preview first came out, but switched back and haven't looked at the new version since.

That video shows up just fine for me.

That video shows up just fine for me.

I'm also able to view it without issue. Is there anything in particular I should try to get it to act up?

For the quote issue, try switching to the new version and see if it still happens. Much of the old version code is quite old, so there may be some compatibility issues somewhere.

I haven't been on the last few days. Caught a cold or something. ;)

I'm also able to view it without issue. Is there anything in particular I should try to get it to act up?

Not surprising.

But that doesn't help me beyond confirming what I thought; that this is something in my system.

However, I am a member of another forum that also recently switched to Xenforo and I have no problems seeing vids on that forum. I switched to V3 and I still can't see the vids

Not surprising.

But that doesn't help me beyond confirming what I thought; that this is something in my system.

However, I am a member of another forum that also recently switched to Xenforo and I have no problems seeing vids on that forum. I switched to V3 and I still can't see the vids

So you can't actually see the video you posted above?

So you can't actually see the video you posted above?
Correct. I cannot see any vids on this forum board, whether I post them or someone else posts them.

There is a space rendered for the embedded vid window, but the window doesn't render. When I pass the mouse cursor over that space it does not change (it should) - it is still an arrow pointer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top