JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At Fred Meyer on Friday...
View attachment 335580
Hopefully I can cobble something to reach an AR grip-screw together out of all that. lol
Getting it long enough is the biggest problem, I got a T handle and adapters from Sears a couple years back for $20 and love it for this job, It is similar to this one, but way cheaper.

Going in I managed to get enough leverage with a flathead off my 8-in-1 screwdriver-flashlight I keep in the tool-bag... maybe I should check the bit I used on that and test-build alongside it. (Correction: the original-install driver was shorter than the combo of long-shank 3/16 flathead plus extension.)

The one thing I'd like to Gibbs-slap Gene Stoner for... why in GOD'S GOOD NAME not a flathead, Phillips or 1911-style hybrid grip-screw?!

Going in I managed to get enough leverage with a flathead off my 8-in-1 screwdriver-flashlight I keep in the tool-bag... maybe I should check the bit I used on that and test-build alongside it. (Correction: the original-install driver was shorter than the combo of long-shank 3/16 flathead plus extension.)

The one thing I'd like to Gibbs-slap Gene Stoner for... why in GOD'S GOOD NAME not a flathead, Phillips or 1911-style hybrid grip-screw?!
I have bought Flathead screws, I got them in but I expanded my Blue vocabulary

I think the G-2's manual says no steel case like someone else said. I have a G2 (All Black) on order supposed to be in Tuesday. I also ordered a SS Guide rod and fiber Optic sights for it from Lakeline

I looked over the owners manual. It doesn't say anything about steel cased ammo. It just covers the basics, like use SAAMI (or the equivalent from other countries) approved ammo. To me this says stuff like Tulammo is fine, won't void the warranty. I still haven't shot a bunch of dirty steel ammo out of my G2, but I will just to see how it handles it. Worst case, it jams alot and if it doesn't do that then I'll just have to pay extra attention cleaning the thing-no big deal.

Manufacturers tend to say avoid steel case ammo because of the extra wear. Not all guns were designed for it, but the savings you get tend to outweigh the cost of parts depending on the gun.

Overall a non-issue. But really dirty and steel not expanding like brass doesn't help.

Best thing to do there is take the screw with you to the hardware store and get a hex head screw the same size;)
There is a Harley case screw that fits if you have one of those HDs sittin around :D

upload_2017-1-9_16-58-47-png.334264.png

sar arms b6 hawk

Grabbed this today:
upper.jpg
for my cheap-o AR build. Seems like a lot of bang for my buck, might replace the BCG right away but a spare is nice to have. Only thing I would like different is 416R steel instead of CMV but whatever. Thanks PSA!

PSA 16" 5.56 1:7 Midlength Nitride Lightweight Keymod Freedom Upper w/BCG, CH, & MBUS Sight Set

Last edited by a moderator:
I scooped up a PSA 7" upper on one of their daily deals. Thanks @MilitantBEEMER for the heads up!

PSA 7" Nitride 5.56 1/7 M-Lok Upper - With BCG & Charging Handle

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a box of ten (like Hickock45 wears) aural ear plugs
My Howard Leight (noise cancelling) I'll use for pistols only
A rangefinder
Squidly M-lock rail covers
MP Pro sights
Larue Index Clips
LT660 mount

Beretta 92S Police Trade-In

That's cool, DD!
I've got one and it looked horrible, shoots great! One of my favorite pistols, and now it's duty is my in reach from my arm chair front door blaster!
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

BTW, I suggest that you change out the hammer spring. That one spring changes the entire trigger feel, and it's cheap and easy to change! A member here, kindly, showed me that when I got my 92! SRG:)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads