JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
640 rounds of MEN .308 ammo came in today (well, I picked them up), but its going under the tree.

4 .308 D&H mags came in, and they do look better on the Galil than the Magpul mags to be honest. Ammo cycled well, downside is the bolt hold open doesn't exist with the D&H. With magpuls its on and off, with D&H it doesn't happen. Non-issue since the bolt is released once the mag is removed anyways. The weight difference is also noticeable, but I don't mind. The biggest plus is I can get lower when prone with the D&H. :)

Still looking for the ladder rail covers, but maybe tomorrow I'll find some.

image.jpeg

I picked up a Sig P290RS in Oil Rubbed Bronze for my wife. She picked it out at the store the other day, but I told her we couldn't get it right now. Ran back and picked it up this afternoon. Very excited for her to unwrap it.

View attachment 329260

I picked up a Sig P290RS in Oil Rubbed Bronze for my wife. She picked it out at the store the other day, but I told her we couldn't get it right now. Ran back and picked it up this afternoon. Very excited for her to unwrap it.

You are a good dude! Let us know how it goes. :)

It seems like it doesn't happen very often, as an adult, that you have a chance to surprise someone you love like this.

A bit late, but during black Friday weekend I bought an ALG ACT trigger direct from ALG for $45 shipped and enough Troy sights to populate all the deficiencies in my AR herd, also at a steep discount.

Anybody seen any really good prices on ambi safeties lately?

POF (my favorite) had them on sale a few days ago, but just checked and they are back to regular price. I'd also keep an eye out at places like DVOR and Optics Planet - this time of year a lot of last minute sales happen.

View attachment 329260

Verrry nice! If she likes it 1/2 as much as I love mine she's going to be a happy gal! An odd thing is the stupid free holster, actually, really, honest to gawd, really works! That was a first for me! I don't use it, but it really saved the day once!
Merry Christmas, to you both!:)

You are a good dude! Let us know how it goes. :)

It seems like it doesn't happen very often, as an adult, that you have a chance to surprise someone you love like this.

It really doesn't, I am just hoping she doesn't poke around too much in the bank accounts and I can keep the secret.

Verrry nice! If she likes it 1/2 as much as I love mine she's going to be a happy gal! An odd thing is the stupid free holster, actually, really, honest to gawd, really works! That was a first for me! I don't use it, but it really saved the day once!
Merry Christmas, to you both!:)

I am glad you like it! I didn't know anything about it before she pointed it out the other day. I really like it so far though, so if she doesn't like it I'll keep it for myself and get her something different ;)

It's bad form to check the bank receipts at Christmas!

If you think she's digging around in them, gather your height, bend your head back and look down your nose at her. Then tell her you're terribly disappointed in her and she's spoiled your Christmas! :D

Picked up this pair today, from a guy on armslist. The frame was from a Glock 22. It had been chopped by the seller so it would be the same length as the grip on a Glock 19. I seated a 19 mag in the well, and it sits flushly and perfectly. I took it home, gave it a quick stipple job with a wood burner, mated a Glock 17 slide/barrel to it and voila! I think she looks pretty good. I also bought the light from him too, a Surefire G2Z, which are damned hard to find any more. All in all, a pretty good buy :)

IMG_1399.JPG

Upper's in! Pic of the test assembly:
20161217_144218_zpsv9atv6nv.jpg
Had to give the rear pin a few whacks with a mallet to get it to go in and a punch to drive it out for disassembly--is that normal when joining an upper and lower for the first few times?

Rifle's in the vault on the opposite end of the county--I think I did bring it a little too far because instead of just barely going onto the buffer-retainer shoulder I think I went almost to the pin. BCG cycled in function testing with the CH...

Next time I'm over that way I'll see what I can do, but since the vault is in my aunt's basement (she has neither keys nor combinations; it was my grandfather's workshop and those passed straight to me when he died) it could be a bit. :)

It's a heavy SOB, even heavier than I thought, but as soon as I line up a boresighter, a selection of test ammo and a range to do checkout firing on I'm looking forward to it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top