JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finally pulled the trigger on a DSA Arms FAL railed cover. I have an extra reflex sight (Monstrum) that is too heavy for my S&W Victory .22. Should work perfect for the FAL.
1589339338627.png

If ya were lookin for one I could have given you mine
Rats!. Didnt you like it or did you find a better one. I think that I remember your other type of mount in this thread. This looks to be rugged enough for an inexpensive reflex sight. I am not trying to put a long range scope on it.

I did get a screaming good deal on it, not DSA prices.

Last Edited:
I bought a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 LC. Got the blued with the 4.6" barrel.
Now due to the nanny's in our state I have to wait up to 10 days to take possession of it, even with my CPL. :mad:

Been searching for small primer stuff (Fiocchi is Lg Primer) to leave at indoor ranges and found these on the shelves of 2 local stores today. Could not pass up.

IMG_20200512_151646054.jpg

Rats!. Didnt you like it or did you find a better one. I think that I remember your other type of mount in this thread. This looks to be rugged enough for an inexpensive reflex sight. I am not trying to put a long range scope on it.

I did get a screaming good deal on it, not DSA prices.
Mine came with the dsa one and I swapped it in favor of a stanag mount. My issue is that I gotta reparkerize the receiver since the dsa mount scratches the finish.

Mine came with the dsa one and I swapped it in favor of a stanag mount. My issue is that I gotta reparkerize the receiver since the dsa mount scratches the finish.
I figured that the steel inserts would leave a mark on the receiver, but mine isn't a perfect piece to begin with. I got it used when my Dad passed. It has some marks, dings and dents already. It will never be a beauty queen, but it sure shoots good. Maybe polishing, rounding off the sharp edges, on the inserts will help some.

The stanag mounts seem to be hard to find and not cheap. Does it stay on the dust cover without having to constantly re-zero your optic? Thanks, you have always been a wealth of information on FAL's and ST58's.

The stanag mounts seem to be hard to find and not cheap. Does it stay on the dust cover without having to constantly re-zero your optic? Thanks, you have always been a wealth of information on FAL's and ST58's.
Not only does it stay on, you essentially have to beat the mount into the receiver, and beat it out.

On a fixed stock FAL, no need to remove it so you don't have to rezero. The issue is getting the rings or scope onto some mounts.

Only the paratrooper FALs require removing the dust cover as the recoil spring and rod is now part of the cover instead of being a rat tail that goes into the stock. DSA's railed mount for the paratrooper solved that issue, but created another issue where the rod would break (but a simple mod prevents that from happening).

Not only does it stay on, you essentially have to beat the mount into the receiver, and beat it out.

On a fixed stock FAL, no need to remove it so you don't have to rezero. The issue is getting the rings or scope onto some mounts.

Only the paratrooper FALs require removing the dust cover as the recoil spring and rod is now part of the cover instead of being a rat tail that goes into the stock. DSA's railed mount for the paratrooper solved that issue, but created another issue where the rod would break (but a simple mod prevents that from happening).
That is why you are having to re-parkerize your receiver. Would polishing to remove sharp edges help? I am sure that I will understand when it arrives and I try fitting it to my rifle.

Mine is full size L1A1, Imbel receiver, fixed stock, 21" Steyr barrel and plastic furniture. Imported from Canada.The metal and finish is very good except the brass ejection marks on the dust cover, the plastic stock - not so much. I would love to find a pristine set of wood for it, at a reasonable price.

If you don't take the dust cover off, how do you clean it? :s0140: Thanks.

That is why you are having to re-parkerize your receiver. Would polishing to remove sharp edges help? I am sure that I will understand when it arrives and I try fitting it to my rifle.

Mine is full size L1A1, Imbel receiver, fixed stock, 21" Steyr barrel and plastic furniture. Imported from Canada.The metal and finish is very good except the brass ejection marks on the dust cover, the plastic stock - not so much. I would love to find a pristine set of wood for it, at a reasonable price.

If you don't take the dust cover off, how do you clean it? :s0140: Thanks.
The scratches are from the plate and cover on the dsa one.

Also, bcg just pops out so no need to remove dust cover.

272F86D3-6321-4C3E-A7A1-CD1213E43B68.jpeg
I have received an AK47 rubber buttstock pad. It also has a hole to I can put my cleaning kit in the buttstock still. I didn't get any buttstock screws to attach my plate after I refinised my wood furniture so I found a set of screws that fit. Looks better now since screws are partially hidden by rubber pad now. I guess I can see if Home Depot has a darker set.

Last Edited:
Picked up another 357 lever rifle from another NWFA member today. Nice stainless lil Rossi to add to the group, the wood looks better in person.

100_3004.JPG 100_3008.JPG

I just ordered a Ruger Scout Rifle with a 16" barrel in .450 Bushmaster from Grab-a-Gun.

Ruger-Gunsite-Scout-Rifle-6837-736676068371.jpg_1.jpg

(Being a trifle silly, the cartridge designation and vendor makes me giggle a little bit, but I digress.:p)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top