JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not today but picked this up a few weeks ago on the classifieds. 20SF, LNIB and never fired, saved me quite a bit. Replacing my Ruger SR1911 10mm that was tearing up my previously damaged thumb ligament/tendon. I just ordered a set of Ameriglo iDot pro sights and am still deciding on a holster. Probably a JMCustom OWB 1.
eta just ordered the OWB 1.

iDot Pro's
OWB 1

IMG_20200208_130007.jpg

Last Edited:
Ordered an Aliengear IWB holster with an interchangeable holster. I can use it for my SW9VE or my G2c.

View attachment 659185
Well, I've spent the past three hours trying to get this to work. Multiple adjustments, larger pants, longer belt, different positions around the waist, but it just isn't going to work. The gun can be pulled out with some effort, but it's next to impossible to re-holster it. Because of the flexible rubber pieces that sit between the holster and the backing , the belt and pants squeeze it closed at the top. I've install the largest rubber pieces shipped to no avail. I tried modifying the backing to no avail. Pretty disappointing to spend $80 and have to throw it in the "unusable" box. Oh well, time to start looking elsewhere.

Well, I've spent the past three hours trying to get this to work. Multiple adjustments, larger pants, longer belt, different positions around the waist, but it just isn't going to work. The gun can be pulled out with some effort, but it's next to impossible to re-holster it. Because of the flexible rubber pieces that sit between the holster and the backing , the belt and pants squeeze it closed at the top. I've install the largest rubber pieces shipped to no avail. I tried modifying the backing to no avail. Pretty disappointing to spend $80 and have to throw it in the "unusable" box. Oh well, time to start looking elsewhere.
That doesn't sound right, mine is fine - i would suggest contacting them to discuss, they're normally pretty helpful.

Once I get past the disappointment I'll probably hit Lowe's, buy some solid spacers, and modify it some more. I'll also attach some plastic to the top of the backing because the leather just gets in the way. We'll see.....

That doesn't sound right, mine is fine - i would suggest contacting them to discuss, they're normally pretty helpful.
Agreed, I'd give them a shout, describe what's happening, see if they have any solutions... I did an Alien Gear for a 1911, felt it was too bulky and didn't conceal the 1911 sufficiently for my likings. Went with a Milt Sparks Nexus and never looked back...

Contact Alien Gear. They'll do right by you

Bought me a brownells BRN-180 10.5" upper . Basically its an AR-18 upper that fits a Ar-15 lower so you can use a true folding stock and fire folded . No buffer needed. . I have a SBR lower i'll put it on for now but I plan on SBR'ing a new frontier folding C-4 AR lower. Kind of like a built in LAW folding attachment.

p_078000537_7.jpg

C4-SF_6.jpg

I have a good many Alien Gear and Crossbreed, Raw Dog Tactical for IWB, and a few OWB. Most of the IWB shells are made with thinner, more flexible, Kydex. It closes up when unsupported by the gun. That is the way of the beast, My Raw Dog uses thicker Kydex and you can, if very careful, re-holster. I use a stiffer one piece Kydex from Cook's And I'll talk about it a little. When I was looking several years back, they were to only one with the features I wanted. Now there are a ton of similar holster's available. Cook's offers three different shell thicknesses .060, ,080, and ,093. I get .80 in a color. .093 is only in black. Color is not really important, but it allows me to style in front of a mirror. also since I have many carry guns it allows me to more quickly find the appropriate holster (don't use the same color). Like you I have a Taurus G2 and two G2C's one 9 the other 40, the same holster fits all three, safeties and all. I have them for S&W, and my XD40 SC's, so color works for me. That said the other tow important features are retention adjustability, and the big SINGLE clip. single is for simplicity of adjustment of the clip, it is wide for stability when wearing it (Like two clips offer stability) One clip is easier for you to move around on the belt to find that 'sweet spot'. any way the particular clip on this holster allows you to place the ready to go gun and holster safely in that spot with one fell swoop. the clip will hold the gun and holster where you put it. The retention you choose determines how easy or hard it is to draw the gun. If I draw my gun I can easily open the clip and remove the holster, place the gun back in the holster and then put the whole kit-and-caboodle back in position on my belt, straiten my clothes and act as if someone else passed gas.
Now many people use that particular clip and have adjustable retention so Cook's is no longer the only good fish in the sea, but I know where that fishing spot is.

I did in my quest find 'On Your Six' holsters. They will work at half price, but you get a fixed retention (hope it suits you) and a wide 'curved claw' clip, the mounting of the clip demands a narrower belt and is hard to get off. I agree they will work, but not half as well as my Cook's.

If I were getting a OWB Kydex it would be locally made, but I don't like that shop's IWB clips either.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top