JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few Amazon buys...
  • Maglula universal magloader, should've bought one of these a long time ago (i've been using a cheap non mechanical one for a couple years) they have a bunch of colors which are cheaper than black for some reason... https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001HBHNHE
  • Talon grips for my LC9, gonna give them a try and see if I like it more than my Hogue grip
And then, this one's actually sorta outta left field...
After watching a lot of Hickok45 videos I noticed he often has a similar steel dog bowl on his table surface to hold rounds! I'm pretty tired of being at the range and having to pull individual rounds out of the boxes to load mags (my indoor range puts a fee on outside ammo so i just buy it there) and so i thought this would be a smart thing to just always keep in my range bag. Only about 5 bucks!

Last Edited:
I bid at Bud's, on a FN 509, for no particular reason, I lost focus and ended up, $300 into it, and lost. I did win the booby prize though ….. I could then buy it $315 shipped. So I did. Paid close to $625 for a $500 gun and I don't really like nines. Oh well.

They suck you in thinking you are only bidding a penny, but it costs you $325 for 500 of those one penny bids, so a little less than sixty cents a bid really., I only had like 450 bids left starting. I really wanted something in .40 S&W.

Yesterday I ordered some 327 Federal From Underwood, lo and behold today they have a sale so I Ordered 100 rounds of 40 S&W in 135 grain Nosler JHP and 100 in 155 grain Hornady XTP. 155 XTP are my 10 MM choice so I'll try them and the Nosler together. 40 is what I use in my 3", 3.3" and 3.6" carry guns, so I would like to try each for function and accuracy in each gun.
I know a lot of 10 MM folks cringe at my 155 XTP in 10 MM, but cats that go "Meow" in a real deep Mountain voice are a way bigger concern to me than any kind of bear. I do not need power, I need speed, this is a compromise.

Goodies came yesterday in the mail!
xdlarOl.jpg

I had to pickup a bunch of odds and ends at the hardware store today and noticed a display of BBs. I bought a Daisy Red Ryder for my daughter's birthday that is in a few months, but realized there was no ammo for said to "pew".

BTYU6QY.jpg

Ammo supply handled. Isn't that a Daisy? ;)

I bought a Model 1898 Krag two weeks ago but I don't have any ammo for it so I bought a .30-40 Lee die set, ,30-40 Captech brass (on sale), and Hornady bullets from Grafs.com.

DSC_0351 (Large).JPG

Finally, I bought an NFA trust from NFA Gun Trust Lawyers | $99 Gun Trust w/ Attorney support.

DSC_0356 (Medium).JPG

Fill out a form online, pay $99, and they email the paperwork. Sign the last page in the presence of two witnesses and a notary, have the page notarized, and you're done. Now members of the trust (including me) can buy suppressors and other NFA items that are owned by the trust and everyone listed in the trust (my family members) can possess and use them. When I die the NFA trust owns them NFA items and the trust members can still possess and use them.

Last Edited:
40rds of speed 124gr +p gdhp 9mm to replace my current carry ammo.
10 rds hornady black 00 buck
5rds 12ga slugs
20 rds minishells buckshot.
Picking up a used 500 next Friday once it clears the 7day wait at my LGS and is available to purchase.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top