JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have no doubt about your ability to lift heavy things. There are many situations where not wearing plates is a sound choice, the human body can only carry so much weight and depending on how long and how far you are planning on being a man portable and self sufficient entity without resupply that is going to drastically effect your load out choices.

I agree that the #1 best way to not get shot is to first not be shot at. Our locations and population densities and theoretical situations we are considering are going to drastically influence our choices in gear. I happen to live in the most densely populated stretch of the entire state of Washington. Those differences change our priorities.

Back to our regularly scheduled program :)
Witch means where you live the chance of you taking a 600 meter shot in a SHTF SITUATION ARE SLIM TO NONE probably more like street to street combat

I know they can shoot out to 600 and farther but let's be honest here in most cases it won't be that far
Its fun to shoot that far though! But realistically, shots that far are rarely needed, but one should try to be able to anyways. Its fun, and never know!
3 years ago for fun I hiked around all day up and down a mountain looking for deer with my 13 pound keltec RFB (takes metric fal mags) I really believe my arms were longer after that day haha.
I think that's about where my FAL is loaded. I kept weight down with the stamped steel handguards, the polymer handguards weigh more and the wood handguards don't allow for a bipod and that bipod cut on the barrel just looks offputting without a bipod.

Keep in mind, I don't use the bipod, just there to fill in the gaps.

If you want ridiculous size magazines.... akmag100gun.jpg
If you're curious as to how well it functions, it doesn't IICR. They're notorious for having feeding issues. The Russkies had 40 round mags and drums for their RPKs for a reason!

Course that's an aftermarket mag anyways.

I was talking about that long bubblegum what appears to be 1911 magazine you could use as a walking stick on a hike
Oh I thought you were talking about the ak mags lol I bought those a while a go heheH the PROBLEMS will them is when there full loaded they don't feed for the first few rounds I have to change the followers I don't know they were cheap lol

But it's cool to own like my 20 round 1911 45 mags cool to own but kinda useless
Wouldn't know, not willing to spend the effort, time, or money, to get one. I'm all about the combloc magazines, which is why I bought the Russkie RPK magazine! I'll probably buy more too, cause once I finish with FALs (they take priority over AKs by a long shot) I'll be doing a Tabuk Sniper build and an RPK build!

Actually, I have no issues with using AK mags as monopods. .... IMHO, I prefer the AK mag design over ARs since its more robust, but a lot of rifles meet that criteria too.
More robust is true, but if im gunna do a full or partial rock-in motion its gunna be an m14. AR press a button mag drops, next mag slides straight in. Less difficult for me to fumble. Although i wouldnt throw a pmag around different surfaces to support the rifles weight the same way i would an ak, intersting trade off to think about

More robust is true, but if im gunna do a full or partial rock-in motion its gunna be an m14. AR press a button mag drops, next mag slides straight in. Less difficult for me to fumble. Although i wouldnt throw a pmag around different surfaces to support the rifles weight the same way i would an ak, intersting trade off to think about
Meh, my FAL rocks in the magazine... My AK rocks in the magazine... The next rifle I will have will be me finishing the carbine FAL build... The AUG so far is my only rifle with straight insert magazines. I think there's a pattern. o_O

I have no doubt about your ability to lift heavy things. There are many situations where not wearing plates is a sound choice, the human body can only carry so much weight and depending on how long and how far you are planning on being a man portable and self sufficient entity without resupply that is going to drastically effect your load out choices.

I agree that the #1 best way to not get shot is to first not be shot at. Our locations and population densities and theoretical situations we are considering are going to drastically influence our choices in gear. I happen to live in the most densely populated stretch of the entire state of Washington. Those differences change our priorities.

Back to our regularly scheduled program :)
Oh Federal Way is not populated, just a sleepy little town where I bought a 73 Fiat Spyder 850 from Dick Baltch Chevrolet..... J/K It was kinda small in '72 when I actually bought it.
It has not just grown, but overgrown.

Speaking of weight I have a 16" Armalite AR-10 with a A2 style fixed stock Flattop, I have ten Armalite steel 20 round mags for it and two 25 round Armalite steel mags and I do have some good mag pouch's that hold two mags even my 25 rounders from Blue Force Gear. I just don't want to walk farther than my short driveway. I can carry a lot of spare ammo in my pickup.

Oh Federal Way is not populated, just a sleepy little town where I bought a 73 Fiat Spyder 850 from Dick Baltch Chevrolet..... J/K It was kinda small in '72 when I actually bought it.
It has not just grown, but overgrown.

Speaking of weight I have a 16" Armalite AR-10 with a A2 style fixed stock Flattop, I have ten Armalite steel 20 round mags for it and two 25 round Armalite steel mags and I do have some good mag pouch's that hold two mags even my 25 rounders from Blue Force Gear. I just don't want to walk farther than my short driveway. I can carry a lot of spare ammo in my pickup.
Most of my stuff is packed to move if I have to but basically im not going past my driveway unless I have to but can have most packed in my truck in a few minutes

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top