JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have only combloc mags and two KCI mags. I also have two Chinese 5 round mags that I converted to 10 rounds by gutting Tapco mags and shortening the follower (then chucked the leftovers of the Tapco mags).

Each pouch has three mags, but I do have more mags than what's in the picture.

View attachment 450208

Nice!

Last year I let AR500 sell me a plate carrier on super sale and plates. It came with several taco pouches. Nice thing is, no matter what rifle I could possibly be carrying AR 15, 10, AK, Fal mags, they all fit the taco pouches. I figure if I am every going to grab and go anything, it will be the carrier full of whatever platform mags suits my fancy.

Those pouches were from the sales Apex had, three mags and pouch for $33. I also have Austrian mag pouches for the FAL. The only rifle I don't have magazine pouches for are AUG magazines.

The question is, do I put AK mag pouches on the belt, or one AK mag pouch and one FAL mag pouch? Gotta leave room for the binocular case that came with the Bausch & Lomb M8!

Those pouches were from the sales Apex had, three mags and pouch for $33. I also have Austrian mag pouches for the FAL. The only rifle I don't have magazine pouches for are AUG magazines.

The question is, do I put AK mag pouches on the belt, or one AK mag pouch and one FAL mag pouch? Gotta leave room for the binocular case that came with the Bausch & Lomb M8!

Nice, yeah, not knocking the pouches. Just thinking out loud that if I feel the need to carry a rifle, I will equally feel the need to carry the PC. I was actually looking at pouches of a similar nature at Midway, but didn't specifically need them. If they came with mags I wouldn't throw them away haha.

One thing I do have is mag's GLOCK 22 and mags Kimber 1911 and mags Glock 19 X and mags .lol I only have a few mag's for the G19 because it's a new gun the brown AR Mags are for my 300 black out I have more but didn't want to dig them out lol and I have a few 20 round mag's for the 1911 IMG_20180414_214900.jpg MVIMG_20180414_215216.jpg IMG_20180414_215344.jpg IMG_20180414_215441.jpg MVIMG_20180414_215512.jpg

Nice, yeah, not knocking the pouches. Just thinking out loud that if I feel the need to carry a rifle, I will equally feel the need to carry the PC. I was actually looking at pouches of a similar nature at Midway, but didn't specifically need them. If they came with mags I wouldn't throw them away haha.
Meh, its priorities. Less weight, more mobility, so on so on.

yep, totally get that viewpoint, it's not without merit. I played football growing up, running with 20 pounds on me isn't a big deal. I personally don't feel that encumbered by it and in our theoretical situation we are discussing not being 'auto dead' by a center torso hit is nice.

Well I got a plate carrier that can hold 6 Ar mags accully 9 but six is fine and I have a poutch that I can throw over my shoulder with six more mag's .and the plate carrier also has spots for 3 pistol mag's LOL I'M NOT GOING FAR WITH THIS IT'S HEAVY IMG_20180414_220703.jpg IMG_20180414_220736.jpg MVIMG_20180414_220759.jpg IMG_20180414_220807.jpg

Well I got a plate carrier that can hold 6 Ar mags accully 9 but six is fine and I have a poutch that I can throw over my shoulder with six more mag's .and the plate carrier also has spots for 3 pistol mag's LOL I'M NOT GOING FAR WITH THIS IT'S HEAVYView attachment 450231 View attachment 450232 View attachment 450233 View attachment 450234

Aren't you the one with the rifle, why would you need to go anywhere haha ;)

I always figured the plate carrier went into the category of, 'nice to have, but could be ditched if necessary.' If the car is part of your mobility plan it is no problem. If you are going to decide to hike up that mountain range and to the other side, and keep going. Yes, at that point you might want to consider ditching the 20 pounds of plates haha

yep, totally get that viewpoint, it's not without merit. I played football growing up, running with 20 pounds on me isn't a big deal. I personally don't feel that encumbered by it and in our theoretical situation we are discussing not being 'auto dead' by a center torso hit is nice.
Keep in mind my FAL alone is a little over 10 pounds, unloaded. FAL mags are heavy. My AK with scope is about 10 pounds unloaded, and carrying fully loaded magazines add a lot of weight too. Ironically, my AUG is my lightest rifle. Even my Ruger Hawkeye in .30-06 is heavier than my AUG.

This is if we also ignore everything else I'd be carrying. Such as the tent, sleeping bag, etc. Keep in context I am not weak by any means. I did a lot of the heavy lifting after my dad died when I was 7. My first job was also as a cart pusher, and pushed 20+ carts uphill all day in the hot sun. Just keep in mind, here in NC with thick brush I'd spend more time hiking it than anything else!
Off of a vertical wall maybe:rolleyes:
My biggest beef with ak's is the mag system
Actually, I have no issues with using AK mags as monopods. I have issues with trying NOT to use them as monopods at the range, hence why I have the 20 round magazines. IMHO, I prefer the AK mag design over ARs since its more robust, but a lot of rifles meet that criteria too.

Well I got a plate carrier that can hold 6 Ar mags accully 9 but six is fine and I have a poutch that I can throw over my shoulder with six more mag's .and the plate carrier also has spots for 3 pistol mag's LOL I'M NOT GOING FAR WITH THIS IT'S HEAVYView attachment 450231 View attachment 450232 View attachment 450233 View attachment 450234
You should carry my FAL! Its my favorite rifle to hike with, but not many people enjoy doing that cause of its weight. otcVOdfvamMAoISoAwVQS5hI_-EIIJ_tGDja8yEZXMM.jpg
Be glad you're not this Irish soldier, that modified FAL that is used as sniper support weighs north of 15 pounds alone!

Lol its a AK 47 THERE IS NO NEED FOR MONO POD OR BI POD IT'S NOT A SNIPER RIFLE 400 meters probably on the run no need for any type of pod
I shoot out to 600 with my wasr and 4x POSP scope.
tabuk_shrine_of_imam_ali_in_najaf_400x.jpg
Then there's the Tabuk Sniper Rifle. It uses a longer barrel (velocity difference isn't significant, just better for iron sights), and RPK receiver (no empirical data to suggest that matters for accuracy). An optic can make a big difference in how well you can stretch out a rifle.

Keep in mind my FAL alone is a little over 10 pounds, unloaded. FAL mags are heavy. My AK with scope is about 10 pounds unloaded, and carrying fully loaded magazines add a lot of weight too. Ironically, my AUG is my lightest rifle. Even my Ruger Hawkeye in .30-06 is heavier than my AUG.

This is if we also ignore everything else I'd be carrying. Such as the tent, sleeping bag, etc. Keep in context I am not weak by any means. I did a lot of the heavy lifting after my dad died when I was 7. My first job was also as a cart pusher, and pushed 20+ carts uphill all day in the hot sun. Just keep in mind, here in NC with thick brush I'd spend more time hiking it than anything else!

I have no doubt about your ability to lift heavy things. There are many situations where not wearing plates is a sound choice, the human body can only carry so much weight and depending on how long and how far you are planning on being a man portable and self sufficient entity without resupply that is going to drastically effect your load out choices.

I agree that the #1 best way to not get shot is to first not be shot at. Our locations and population densities and theoretical situations we are considering are going to drastically influence our choices in gear. I happen to live in the most densely populated stretch of the entire state of Washington. Those differences change our priorities.

Back to our regularly scheduled program :)

I shoot out to 600 with my wasr and 4x POSP scope.
View attachment 450238
Then there's the Tabuk Sniper Rifle. It uses a longer barrel (velocity difference isn't significant, just better for iron sights), and RPK receiver (no empirical data to suggest that matters for accuracy). An optic can make a big difference in how well you can stretch out a rifle.
I know they can shoot out to 600 and farther but let's be honest here in most cases it won't be that far

You should carry my FAL! Its my favorite rifle to hike with, but not many people enjoy doing that cause of its weight. View attachment 450237
Be glad you're not this Irish soldier, that modified FAL that is used as sniper support weighs north of 15 pounds alone!

3 years ago for fun I hiked around all day up and down a mountain looking for deer with my 13 pound keltec RFB (takes metric fal mags) I really believe my arms were longer after that day haha.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top