JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Small, light, big wheeled, bug-out trailer packed and ready to go and that can be pulled by any vehicle you own. Then be ready to leave at the first sign of threat (you can always come back if it is a false alarm).
If you're not amongst the first out of town and on the open-road well before everyone else is ........ If possible, it's better to hunker-down (or have a bug-out helicopter).

upload_2018-6-11_8-57-1.png

I would go with the umbiguious white construction van, especially if it was 4X4, talk about blending in! A high topper would be tops of my list too. I especially like the Sprinter vans, but they are Expensive, and used, not worth a damn, as most are way over used and need every thing rebuilt! I thought about keeping the one I had for the fire company, but decided it was going to cost me more to fix then it was worth! :eek: me thinks a mid 90s to early 2000s Ford E-250 diesel and convert it to 4X4 would be about the most awesome rig around! :)

I would go with the umbiguious white construction van, especially if it was 4X4, talk about blending in! A high topper would be tops of my list too. I especially like the Sprinter vans, but they are Expensive, and used, not worth a damn, as most are way over used and need every thing rebuilt! I thought about keeping the one I had for the fire company, but decided it was going to cost me more to fix then it was worth! :eek: me thinks a mid 90s to early 2000s Ford E-250 diesel and convert it to 4X4 would be about the most awesome rig around! :)
Tell that to anyone driving a white van in the mid-Atlantic during the DC sniper days (Muhammad and Malvo);)

My 4x4 is a 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser (FJZ80) with 252k and no major issues at all. With the small 3.5" lift, 33's, and triple lockers from the factory there aren't many places it can't go. Fairly poor gas mileage with an average of 12mpg, but it can easily haul everything a few people need to survive for a while in a capable self-contained package.

My 4x4 is a 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser (FJZ80) with 252k and no major issues at all. With the small 3.5" lift, 33's, and triple lockers from the factory there aren't many places it can't go. Fairly poor gas mileage with an average of 12mpg, but it can easily haul everything a few people need to survive for a while in a capable self-contained package.
Still waiting for you to sell this beast...:)

Still waiting for you to sell this beast...:)

Every time I get close I change my mind! I must have thought about it five times this past year. I just picked up a new daily driver though, something completely opposite, so I think I'll be holding onto the 80 for a while :D

An Associate bought a new Subaru wagon of some kind and the dealer installed a factory lift kit and some semi-gnarly tires. It looks REALLY good compared to the too-low-to-the-ground standard sooby's. And now that all Medium sized SUVs look the same as the Honda CRV there's more room inside for your tools than earlier soob's.
Subaru in Wilsonville offers the Outback with the lift kit. Might as well just buy a Chevy Colorado.

Older. A Chevy or GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Suburban or pickup. Old. 1974 through about 1984. Same basic body style except for the front sheet metal. Small block Chevy. Granny four speed manual. Carburetor. Breaker point ignition from an even earlier model. Possibly cold working A/C.

Eight lug wheels. A stock suspension if you can find one. I do not like lift kits. U-joint potentials.

Finding one not rusted or worn out will be hard. These old trucks work if you know how to work on them. Not fast. Lousy gas mileage. But will go practically anywhere if you are careful. Winches and stuff optional. KISS. Bought and paid for. Small dents all over. Peeling paint. Cheap.

They blend in down here in SW OR USA. Another popular model here is the baby Jeep Japanese Suzuki Samurai. Old. 1986 model with the carb. Also known as the Suzuki Suicide. :)

Edited Extra; A kinda rich buddy has about a 1976 3/4 ton Chevy Suburban. Two wheel drive. Duel A/C. Has a detuned 573 Big Block. All iron. Small heads cam and carb. 8 to one pistons. 400 hp at 4000 rpm. 550 torque at 3000.

Overdrive 6 speed manual. High speed tires. That truck will go 150 miles per hour. Scary fast. Actually handles quite well. High speed highway runner. Horrible paint. Lots of small dents. Sleeper.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads