JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I figure the problem in the future will be getting gasoline. I've got an old scooter in my shed that gets about 120 mpg. When I was a kid we had Honda 90 trail bikes. I'd buy one of the new Honda 125 trail bikes, but they never have them in stock.
Love the old Hondas. Check out the new XL150L

Love the old Hondas. Check out the new XL150L
That's a nice looking little bike. I had one like it back in the 1970s, except it was a 175. I bought it for about $700 new, from a summer job, and road it to high school. Back then you could get a learners permit if you took drivers ed, and you could ride a motorcycle to school at 15 1/2 years old, without a helmet or insurance.

That's a nice looking little bike. I had one like it back in the 1970s, except it was a 175. I bought it for about $700 new, from a summer job, and road it to high school. Back then you could get a learners permit if you took drivers ed, and you could ride a motorcycle to school at 15 1/2 years old, without a helmet or insurance.
That's really cool, sounds like good times!

Had a CL 350 Scrambler I rode all over Oregon in the early 80s; paid $50 for it. Then an SL 350. Then a Honda 750 and how I am still alive is a mystery. Blasting around the city at 100 miles a hour. Man. Reckless nutcase.
Funny how we care about safety when we are older and it should be the other way around.

I have a bicycle even though I am of the mindset that anyone on one over 30 looks like a dork. Being old, that sliver seat really sucks. Can't feel chill on a bike when being violated
Just change the seat out. :)
Go for it.jpg

We're looking for one of those. 4x4 and shortbed preferably. We've been looking for a while. Either they are completely destroyed rust buckets or they are $50K, like this one.
They are ONLY available as a long bed 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck! Outside of that, you can have a 4X4, extended cab, and duely, or any combo, or you can also have a 2X4 in any combo!
I have had three of them, all were phenomenal, and the last one was super nice, almost like brand new! Your going to have to shop around, Facebook market place seems to have them the most, so............

We're looking for one of those. 4x4 and shortbed preferably. We've been looking for a while. Either they are completely destroyed rust buckets or they are $50K, like this one.
I don't think you will find a shortbed with a Cummins until after'99 or so.

The earlier D series pickups (before '94) with Cummins didn't have the intercooler and were lower HP.

I am not sure when Dodge started offering short bed with a Cummins, but it was after '98.5-99 I am pretty sure.

You're right. He is also looking at Gen 2s up to 98 that are 12-valve. Those had a short bed. At least the 98's did. The Gen 1s did not. He's looking for the Gen 1 also, but would also like to have a shortbed. Whatever is available that is in decent condition and not $40-$50K.

We did get the '86 CJ as a consolation. It will be fun to drive around town and go exploring, but we really need a decent truck. The Colorado is not cutting it. We like the Colorado for camping, but it won't do what we need it to do as far as towing and if SHTF.

Last Edited:
You're right. He is also looking at Gen 2s up to 98 that are 12-valve. Those had a short bed. At least the 98's did. The Gen 1s did not. He's looking for the Gen 1 also, but would also like to have a shortbed. Whatever is available that is in decent condition and not $40-$50K.
Before I bought my '97, I looked and looked and researched, and could not find one with a short bed.

I wound up with a '97 cab chassis regular cab with a 12' flatbed - just the opposite - but trying to find a decent pickup with a 12V and manual transmission was not easy.

Good luck.

The 98.5 model year is when they switched to the 24V - which is actually a better engine, but has the electronic FI pump. Up until about '01 or '03 it can be tretrofitted with the P7100 mechanical FI pump (but that is an expensive component).

I see on FB marketplace a 1970s postal Jeep (DJ5) project with a Dodge 360 v8 for $1,500, but it looks..... like a basketcase :s0001: several surplus Hummvees, 2 door soft tops, between $6,500 and $25,000

Did see several Jeep Wagoneers from $1,800 projects to $7,000 "customs"... averages seem $2,500-$3,000

Saw one of these today and wow. Sorry if I offend << You know me, that comment is not sincere >> however this is the ugliest thing on the road. First, its an EV, and I hate those because of the scam that makes them even a thing .... though, but damn. UGGGGGLY!!!!! Geez. UGLY.jpg

Modern Ford quality is not top notch.

Certain 2023-2024 Ford Transit and Transit Trail vans (in the US approximately 76,015 vehicles) have been recalled due to the factory failing to fill the rear differential with the proper amount of fluid, causing premature bearing failure. This could result in rear wheel lockup or driveshaft separation that could cause loss of vehicle control or loss of power, which could result in a crash.

On a more serious note;

1954 GMC M211 Deuce and half for $6,000 ; looks like a project somewhat?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top