JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are your thoughts on a good vehicle? Im new to thinking about this so this is what seems like the priorities would be: (not necessarily in the order of priority)

1. Reliability
2. Inconspicuous
3. Fuel Efficient
4. Storage (first aid, chain saw, tools etc)
5. Ability to move all members of the family

Not a priority
1. Camo paint
2. Winch
3. 4x4 (how often are you in 4x4 really?)
4. AC
5. Zombie response stickers

Given this premise, it seems like a good inexpensive vehicle for SHTF would be a common minivan.

Thoughts??

5,000 lbs
4 wheel drive
Torque-rich V-8
Top heavy
Loaded with your family and gear ("chain saw and tools")
Posted in the "prep and survival" section.

And you're concerned about how it handles?

4x4 is gonna come in handy when the roads are in grid lock and the soft grass on the sides is the only way your going anywhere...

I got nowhere better then home to be so it's not a worry for me.

Almost bought one.... but they aren't made for large people - my shoulders are wider then the seats and the headrest only goes to the middle of my neck
Haven't been in a newer one but one of my dad's friends has an '84 he bought brand new and has been using it as a daily driver since then. Like a half million miles on the thing, no major issues and still rolling.

I owned a Toyota Tacoma 4x2 with a canopy. It was great. I wish I still had it. The only draw back from it was that I couldnt fit everyone if I had to. Though I could have stacked them in the bed I suppose :)
The canopy had a locking cabnet in the roof above the windows so it couldnt be seen.
Alas, It wont fit 5 though.

I have 1/2 a dozen real 4X4 vehicles. Nothing tickey tacky Oriental stuff except my quads. I am curious where people think they are going to go..........we are very prepared here st the ranch and have no reason to go anywhere. Why would you live in a place that you don't feel secure. When I lived in an urban area these were my houses AE2A1DC8-FEB4-4E20-9EA7-2905ED385C7B.jpeg 1375DBC3-9B23-4C9E-803E-BF97DA62BAA3.jpeg . I went through 4 major earthquakes and didn't even wake up. It isn't like you are trying to accomplish some sort of military objective. Why wouldn't you prepare to shelter in place? People trying to invade my rural neighborhood are likely to get shot.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews