JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a serious note..
toyota-sienna-camper-conversion.jpg
fancy kitchen is fancy

500087640.jpg

looks like they went to ReStore, thats a good place for many things
0906d526567f6e5b93310acd11c1222a.jpg
nicely built
0fedeebb9812b4ff72a27083f6b1f6f3.jpg
I like the swing out organizer here
IMG_0268.jpg
This is kinda my aesethic... camo or green fabric :D looks very well thought out

78057323c7775950ca00a7d8e77a3691.jpg
Someones making these for sale I think?
freeway-camper-kits8.jpg
Another DIY setup.

I'm still looking at ideas for a field/camp kitchen module for my Dodge Caravan GT.. this came up in image search :s0064: clicky to embiggenView attachment 1864139
My Dad made a camp box kitchen for the back of our Jeep Wagoneer. Now days I think I'd just buy something like this:

My Dad made a camp box kitchen for the back of our Jeep Wagoneer. Now days I think I'd just buy something like this:
Yea but the van is the stow-n-go version, so there's a literal pit under the cargo liftgate level, so one would need to build a deck or something to raise that chuck box up.. might be something to look for at antique stores or even local sales

Yea but the van is the stow-n-go version, so there's a literal pit under the cargo liftgate level, so one would need to build a deck or something to raise that chuck box up.. might be something to look for at antique stores or even local sales
I wouldn't want to cook off on the tailgate of either my pickup with it's canopy or my wifes Jeep Liberty. I'd set up a dinning fly over a picnic table and carry the camp box, Ice chest and water jugs over to it.

Edited to add; right now we use totes but it would be nice to be a little more compact, modular and organized.

I wouldn't want to cook off on the tailgate of either my pickup with it's canopy or my wifes Jeep Liberty. I'd set up a dinning fly over a picnic table and carry the camp box, Ice chest and water jugs over to it.
Its partly why i like the ideas that incorporate a sink n water system, washing hands especially with two small kids.... enough of a challenge without a good sink :s0064: have never gotten anything close to warm running water at any State Park or Rest Stop :rolleyes:

Its partly why i like the ideas that incorporate a sink n water system, washing hands especially with two small kids.... enough of a challenge without a good sink :s0064: have never gotten anything close to warm running water at any State Park or Rest Stop :rolleyes:
When I had kids I used all the throw away plastic and paper stuff. The paper stuff can just go in the fire. When I did forestry I used as much simple clean-up meals as possible, like stuff you added boiling water to, breakfast bars, etc.

I guess as a lone traveler things are different. Never thought a mobile 'kitchen' as in sink, burner, stove, would be desirable. Wouldn't want to cook food in something so contained as a van/truck. Maybe some fold down burner in an exterior steel box.

Same with a toilet. A portable $50 toilet for poop emergencies where I can't be somewhere, just a stand/bags.
20oz bottle with a red warning tape for peeing as in 'don't drink me.' I've used that in my cargo van for years.

Most people are so into retaining the same luxuries on the road as they had at home. A pass.

Like I said before - gear hauler/internet/desk office over turning something into a foodies' fantasy.

I guess as a lone traveler things are different. Never thought a mobile 'kitchen' as in sink, burner, stove, would be desirable. Wouldn't want to cook food in something so contained as a van/truck. Maybe some fold down burner in an exterior steel box.

Same with a toilet. A portable $50 toilet for poop emergencies where I can't be somewhere, just a stand/bags.
20oz bottle with a red warning tape for peeing as in 'don't drink me.' I've used that in my cargo van for years.

Most people are so into retaining the same luxuries on the road as they had at home. A pass.

Like I said before - gear hauler/internet/desk office over turning something into a foodies' fantasy.
I've traveled with a wife and kids, with girlfriends, and by myself, and it really depends on the skill sets you're dealing with, as far as traveling with others. Some people just can't handle primitive living, or changes in their routines. Personally I just deal with the circumstances of the moment, whatever they may be. The cool thing about picking up a girlfriend overseas is they can teach you new ways of looking at situations.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top