JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They have a few different sizes if I remember right it's called San Juan island taxi
They skate a thin line. To do commercial trade, it requires a boat certified by the USCG and heavily inspected. They can "charter" the boat to anyone that can use it as they please but it is not really legal to supply your captain. These boats are very difficult to certify. My work boats needed no certification and working for the USN or other government (that we did a lot) also required no certification but passenger and freight vessels do.

My sister lives on one of the islands here and every year they take the ferry out of service or Every other year . what ever but they give notice but there is always someone who needs there car off the island .they have to call these guys to Beach there boat on the beach and make a ramp for there P.O.S. electric car to drive on LLOL . HEHEHE FOR 2000 DOLLARS

They skate a thin line. To do commercial trade, it requires a boat certified by the USCG and heavily inspected. They can "charter" the boat to anyone that can use it as they please but it is not really legal to supply your captain. These boats are very difficult to certify. My work boats needed no certification and working for the USN or other government (that we did a lot) also required no certification but passenger and freight vessels do.
If you look it up a few years ago one of there boats sank in the Guemmis Channel carrying a load of fish food to the same fish farm that release .
Thousands of Atlantic salmon into the sound .lol I can say this fishing was good in that spot

"If someone could restore or build something similar to this, it could be good for the Willamette/Columbia/Molalla/Santiam river systems... if no dams in the way :rolleyes: "

Clarkston Wa / Lewiston ID..... Thunderjet Boats
5135971-0-20193291.jpg

"If someone could restore or build something similar to this, it could be good for the Willamette/Columbia/Molalla/Santiam river systems... if no dams in the way :rolleyes: "

View attachment 470052
The one they have up here is a thunder jet but bigger than that it can carry two cars .and they have one that can carry a small Simi truck propane truck

View attachment 470052
I was thinking more along the lines of a modernized versions of the River Monitor gunboats; with modern weaponry turrets like the Protector RWS, maybe the mk19 grenade launchers, or a variety of mounts for personal weapons

I always told my sister if stuSt really gets bad I'm coming to her house we have small boats that could transfer stuff once you're on the island your on your own only two spots to land a big boat lots of places to land a little boat lol and her house is solar powered .and is close to the top of the mountain .tact TACTICAL advantage we can see you coming

The one they have up here is a thunder jet but bigger than that it can carry two cars .and they have one that can carry a small Simi truck propane truck
That reminds me of the salvage we did on a contractor's 36 foot LVCP that we salvaged in the Santa Barbera straight off Oxnard. The guy was too cheep to hire one of my bigger boats and loaded a cement truck on his boat for a trip to the islands. The truck was full and the tub was rotating. At some point, the cement hung up in the tub and the boat rolled truck and all. The driver was napping in the truck and as he tried to exit the open truck window (apparently already underwater) got his boot stuck in the west coast mirror and rode it to the bottom. We recovered the driver and LVCP that actually didn't completely sink but left the truck in 300 feet of water. Another example why I like big boats and equipment. I am never comfortable operating on the edge. My 118 foot LCU operated for something like 4,000 per day at that time. Pretty false economy.

To be honest your best bet is not to draw attention to yourself .
Basic 4x4 truck but you family should be TRAINED also they can't depend on you only. I have a kit in my car food water what ever small back pack enough for two days .you never know where you will be when it happens .
Be prepared for a two day hike to get home

Actually come SHTF, the biggest winners after surviving, likely would be organized road salvage crews, working to remove vehicles, scavenge their parts and such, and sell the carcasses to the bands of people who are in need of parts and such to keep going...

Now I will burst every one's bubble !
The fact is you have no choice where and when this crap will happen .
You could be on the freeway in Seattle or Portland or Boise Idaho .
And it all goes to hell .you won't be able to drive anywhere even if you have a 4x4 .
You best bet be prepared all the time .
A small backpack with mre and water and a gun or extra ammo and some extra clothes .by clothes I mean a jacket or something like that .for you women out there put a pair of hiking boots or tennis shoes in your car .
YOUR NOT GOING TO SURVIVE SHTF IN YOUR HIGH HEELS.
if you prep like your going to be home when it happens your dead .you should have a kit or a survival kit with you or close by at all times .
KINDA like what they say about a pistol .
A PISTOL IS A TOOL YOU USE TO GET TO YOUR REAL WEAPON .YOUR RIFLE .LOL have a nice night sleep tight Kidd's

So now every one should be on there way to Walmart to buy a cheap back pack and some survival gear to put in the trunk of there car .lol you can thank me later

And thats why I always have gear in my Kia Sportage. Any one of these 3 bags, plus a smaller camelbak ambush get home bagView attachment 470076
Lol that's a lot for a Kia but good for you I drive 108 miles from my house to my work I have one backpack with like I said enough for two days .a pistol with Ammo .and I don't have to leave it in the car all the time .when I get home park my car on the street pop the trunk take the bag in the house .wh when I go to work put the bag in the truck .
Just something that becomes normal

Lol that's a lot for a Kia but good for you I drive 108 miles from my house to my work I have one backpack with like I said enough for two days .a pistol with Ammo .and I don't have to leave it in the car all the time .when I get home park my car on the street pop the trunk take the bag in the house .wh when I go to work put the bag in the truck .
Just something that becomes normal
I said any 1. Not all 3 lol. Sometimes if I've got cooler in there, and need seat space, I do this; same size bag as Large ALICE, just based on ww2 10th mtn ruck design 20160824_154945.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top