JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A powder that's readily available would be a good choice. When is the last time anyone saw Unique on a shelf/at a web site?
You know that's right.
I wrote Hodgdon 3x about H322
When are they going to do a run of it. Many championships were won with it. Worksgood in 7.62x39, and I want to try it in the 6.5 Grendel. But why develope a load with extinct.product? I seems to me they only want to sell their newest lineup. Thats all. Unique is great for reduced liads. Lead bullets especially. I like titegroup for almost all pistol practice and cowboy loads. Higher is subject to individual calibers. No such thing as a universal in that case.

I've used Red Dot for many decades. It's been my go-to powder for everything from .25acp to 30-06 etc. It can be kind of sooty if too little pressure but it's always very consistent, forgiving, economical, yada

Unique does so much, people claim that it can be dirty, though I have had great luck with it.
Ditto this.

The claims of it being dirty are reality - but typically only if it is loaded in loads of like 5 grains or less, and in smaller cases such as 9mm or .380.

Yes, I realize data shows Unique loads in these rounds but MY experience is it shoots MUCH cleaner in 5 + grain loads and in larger cases such as .38/.357 and .30-30.

Yes, I load .30-30 with it and it shoots fantastically with 10 grains behind a 100 grain FMJ RN bullet - and very clean.

Ditto this.

The claims of it being dirty are reality - but typically only if it is loaded in loads of like 5 grains or less, and in smaller cases such as 9mm or .380.

Yes, I realize data shows Unique loads in these rounds but MY experience is it shoots MUCH cleaner in 5 + grain loads and in larger cases such as .38/.357 and .30-30.

Yes, I load .30-30 with it and it shoots fantastically with 10 grains behind a 100 grain FMJ RN bullet - and very clean.
Unique is great in many cartridges. Can be used in reduced loads, especially for lead loads, youth loads. But it's almost extinct.

One thing I just noticed on Hodgon reloading data site is now you can filter by powder so you can click on rifle or pistol. Cick on filter by powder, pick a powder and it'll show you all the cartridges that powder can be used in. I just tried it with AA#7 and saw loads for these three cartridges the 38 Special was listed as +P.

Does a table at the Southwest Washington Arms Collectors Show tomorrow morning at the Battleground Community Center count?
OH, got a show tomorrow? 2nd Saturday, right? i guess I should clip my badge to the monitor so I don't forget
Last time I was there cost me $80.00.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top