JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I said any 1. Not all 3 lol. Sometimes if I've got cooler in there, and need seat space, I do this; same size bag as Large ALICE, just based on ww2 10th mtn ruck designView attachment 470078
I was talking about stuff like this IMG_20180616_191103.jpg MVIMG_20180616_191114.jpg

The small get home bag, in case I have to ditch vehicle base camp. 20180409_165126.jpg
Other option, if I feel I need more gear; my Gregory woodland UM21 3 day internal frame pack, which has about the same volume as a Med ALICE.

If I go for a larger, longer range option in which I have a hooch/basecamp + patrol; CFP 90 patrol pack attached to Large ALICE which came to me already modified to accept the patrol pack as a lid pack
20170614_232038.jpg
20170614_232057.jpg 20171108_164353.jpg

The small get home bag, in case I have to ditch vehicle base camp.View attachment 470088
Other option, if I feel I need more gear; my Gregory woodland UM21 3 day internal frame pack, which has about the same volume as a Med ALICE.

If I go for a larger, longer range option in which I have a hooch/basecamp + patrol; CFP 90 patrol pack attached to Large ALICE which came to me already modified to accept the patrol pack as a lid pack
View attachment 470090
View attachment 470091 View attachment 470089
Lol you Rifle doesn't fit in your bag IMG_20180616_193919.jpg IMG_20180616_193932.jpg

Well, it could fit the UM21 if I split the receivers and put in the field radio padded insert. Otherwise, the AR is always out of bag, likely on my person if away from vehicle. I sometimes bring the Hi Point carbine, as I'm not out as much $$ if it disappears... :rolleyes:

Although that new High Tower Armory Bullpup stock looks sweet and tempting for the dad's 4595ts......

To tell the truth I have six back packs loaded ready to move at all times mine my sister my sister husband my nephew my niece and they all have a two day supply of food and water some have ammo and a gun in them some just have extra water or food .I have enough .(other stuff) for every one to carry if needed

A game warden said the vehicle of choice for poachers in Oregon is a late 80-90's Toyota 4wd. Very popular with that crowd.
Features may crossover to SHTF rig.
I would have to say any first generation Toyota truck product would be my choice.
Said pickup above, 1st gen 4runner, 1st generation Tacoma and original Land Cruiser all are outstanding, versatile and dependable.
My pick is a 2004 4wd double cab Tacoma. Best combination of features in one truck.

Great choice. You know you won't have to be working on it very much either. They are damned reliable rigs and go dang near anywhere:
g1zSCHS.jpg
C2TbY47.jpg

Actually come SHTF, the biggest winners after surviving, likely would be organized road salvage crews, working to remove vehicles, scavenge their parts and such, and sell the carcasses to the bands of people who are in need of parts and such to keep going...

It sounds like you are assuming that SHTF is TEOTWAWKI and people will be needing to commute. Those two assumptions don't seem to be congruent to me.

IMO the most likely SHTF event in the PNW in my lifetime would probably be "the big one" and if that happens my primary concern is getting myself and my family to my BOL (where I live). Once there, we won't be commuting, so we won't need to be consuming a lot of vehicular fuel. My 275 gallon diesel tank would last longer than it would take for the infrastructure to recover. I came up here (the mountain where I live) with about half a tank of fuel in my flatbed in 2012 and I have not refueled it since - I need to put in another 5 gallons as it is getting low now over 5 years later.

I don't need parts as I don't put a lot of wear and tear on my trucks when they mostly sit here and are used occasionally to haul firewood out of the woods and do some chores.

Okay, granted yea TEOTWAWKI, but i dont mean like commuting. I mean like escaping from wherever, looking for a better place, that sort of thing. Especially around the large urban centers.

Otherwise, the far more likely events for me to prepare to bug out or evacuate for...

1) wildfire evacuation

2) big earthquake

3)any other natural disaster requiring evacuation.

Otherwise, shelter in placr and ride it out.

Okay, granted yea TEOTWAWKI, but i dont mean like commuting. I mean like escaping from wherever, looking for a better place, that sort of thing. Especially around the large urban centers.

Otherwise, the far more likely events for me to prepare to bug out or evacuate for...

1) wildfire evacuation

2) big earthquake

3)any other natural disaster requiring evacuation.

Otherwise, shelter in placr and ride it out.

Yeah, but most people are going to have to use what they got, and once there the only idiots are going to be moving around a lot, using up fuel and wearing out their vehicles.

What I would need fuel and parts for would be my ag and power equipment, not my vehicles.

Somehow, for some reason, when I think of a "bug-out vehicle" an older ('50s, '60's) Olds, Pontiac, Buick, Chevy etc four-door sedan comes to mind... big, solid v-8 engine with 4-barrel carb, 14 or 15 inch tires, thick metal bodies.... Probably not "the best" for one reason or another but they are vehicles made in America at a time when American manufacturing was at it's peak.. and they do "gitty-up go" when you press the pedal... During my misspent youth I burned up some country back roads and cornfields (sometimes) with one or another of those old tuna-boats.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top