JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who are these elusive and mysterious "Fudds" constantly referred to? Are they a lower life form? Are they on our side? Do they vote? Anyone know any? What are they like? Why are they always maligned? Would they make good suicide bombers?
I don't know any.

They are always maligned because they are self-defeating gun owners... Turncoats, traitors, etc

Because they vote against the rights of other gun owners and support the infringement upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
Thinking that the 2A shouldn't apply to semi autos, AR or AK type rifles, CCW, etc... Supporting arbitrary restrictions like assault weapon bans, age restrictions, magazine limits, waiting periods, etc.

Basically acting like the only guns anyone needs or should have is a Rem 870, Win 70 and maybe a 1911 or a Blackhawk

Typically Conservative voters but don't whole-heartedly support gun rights.

Who are these elusive and mysterious "Fudds" constantly referred to? Are they a lower life form? Are they on our side? Do they vote? Anyone know any? What are they like? Why are they always maligned? Would they make good suicide bombers?

Fudds are gun owners who support more gun control as long as their favored guns and the shooting activities they enjoy (usually hunting and trap/skeet shooting) aren't affected.

Joe Biden is a Fudd.

They are gun-owning allies of gun control advocates and they do a lot of damage to gun rights by supporting more gun control and lending credibility and the appearance of reasonableness to gun control. Neutral citizens say "Well, that hunter supports that gun control proposal, so it must be reasonable and sensible. Those other gun owners who oppose it must be right-wing gun nuts". Fudds love the fawning attention and flattery they get from gun control advocates - "Thank you for speaking out. If only all gun owners were as reasonable and sensible as you are."

There are going to be several Fudds testifying in favor of gun control in the 2019 Oregon legislative session, saying things like "I've been a gun owner and hunter most of my life and I support this". Fudds are despicable for two reasons:
  1. They selfishly throw other gun owners under the bus as long as they (the Fudds) aren't affected, just so they can hear how sensible and reasonable they are.
  2. They should know better. Most gun control supporters don't know much or anything about guns (other than they are used to kill school kids) who naively think they can pass gun "safety" laws that will make us safer. They are uninformed and ignorant about guns other than their criminal use. Fudds are gun owners who know at least something about guns, so they are acting out of selfishness, not ignorance.

Last Edited:
I don't know any.

They are always maligned because they are self-defeating gun owners... Turncoats, traitors, etc

Because they vote against the rights of other gun owners and support the infringement upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
Thinking that the 2A shouldn't apply to semi autos, AR or AK type rifles, CCW, etc... Supporting arbitrary restrictions like assault weapon bans, age restrictions, magazine limits, waiting periods, etc.

Basically acting like the only guns anyone needs or should have is a Rem 870, Win 70 and maybe a 1911 or a Blackhawk

Typically Conservative voters but don't whole-heartedly support gun rights.

"maybe a 1911" as long as it's not a double stack:)

"maybe a 1911" as long as it's not a double stack:)

Then it would be a 2011!

What's wrong with this:

100_0209.JPG

Gun sale 022.jpg

That is a sweet looking pistol. I would love something like that in 10mm

Thanx!!

It is a Para P14.45 with quite a number of modifications both inside and out. I was going for a two tone look but I kept the slide natural so I'd have a lot of contrast. :D

Not sure if they are making them in 10mm... probably are.

Double stacks seem to fit my grip better. A single stack seems twisty to me.

- NRA membership/upgrade/donation
- GOA membership/donation
- SAF membership/donation
- OFF membership/donation
- Other 2nd Amendment organization membership/donation
- Ammo
- Mags

Not necessarily in that order but pretty close.
All well and good, except none of those orgs. are voting members of your state legislature - that's who makes the laws. As much as one detests politics, we are going to have to get involved. I know! Hold your nose and get involved in the one major party that represents us best. Donate and get behind the pol/party that will blunt, stop, change these ideological ideas/laws, before they get traction. We need to vote in a block, like they do, in order to have an effect.

What ever happened to the Oregon Hunters Association (OHA) who have 10K members in OR? Do the represent gun owners, or the Fudds?

Id say the Fudd crowd...

Ive been elbows deep in gun rights for almost 20 years........ Ive never heard or seen a peep from them regarding ANY gun legislation in that time.
Ive only seen their stickers in the back windows of some trucks... thats it.

They are probably one of those groups that comes out in favor of "common sense" laws... trying to virtue signal their way into the good graces of the left in hopes that they will be left alone in the next legislative session.

Although, to address the question in the OP...

I picked up a Mossberg MVP 5.56 bolt gun. And am thinking that it would be a good time to finally pickup a .357 lever action.

Garand, SKS, M1a... Might be the best show in town for semis. Mini 14/30 too probably.

There is also the Ares MCR (?)
Which is an AR lower that looks like an 870.

Bolt and lever action guns are the least threatened so there is no reason to rush out and buy them just because of pending legislation. If you wanted one anyway that's fine, but I would concentrate on buying things that you might not be able to buy in the future i.e. semiautos and "large capacity" magazines.

Im pretty well stocked on the stuff that is being targeted and could literally have a boating accident if I tried to float it :D

I have a few of the 'less threatening' semi autos as well... fixed magazines and whatnot...

My panic buying days are over, except for ammo... you can never have enough ammo.

How do you mean tax savings?

133_bottom-line-170a.jpg

^ Here's a good visual guide of the best and worst for taxes. Note the color of Oregon versus Arizona. USA Today has a run down here. (I'm mildly surprised Oregon was only 39th at the bottom of that one because it is consistently rated in the worst ten states for taxes.) And Oregon has a boatload more taxes coming.

One of the things that attracted me to Nevada was the no income tax factor. But, alas, that state appears to be turning fast. The gun control alone is enough to put it out of possibilities, but it doesn't take much imagination to envision a state with a Democrat governor and Democrat control of both House and Senate not using said power to increase taxes.

Ammo, ammo and more ammo (especially rimfire). You will not want to buy ammo from a dealer again when you have to go through and pay for background check process to get 20rnds each month. My advice is sell some firearms to buy more ammo.

If you can or do reload your own ammo then buy more powder and maybe primers. I can see them restricting access to powder one these days.

As I have said many times...
Buy what you need / want / use etc.. in regards to firearms , when you can.
Anything firearm related and any firearm can be banned or restricted.

It is far easier to make the ability to exercise the 2nd Amendment an almost impossible action through :
Limits...
Excessive "red tape"...
Restrictions...
Selective bans...
Making it too expensive...
Etc...
Than to outright ban all gun ownership , confiscate firearms or repeal said Amendment.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR