JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They aren't selling them anymore. They're being regulated, and they were cleaned off the shelves. Now they will change the formula to keep it from people, or their pets from taking it because they too all can see what we put on the internet. Some people had to go, and put it for everyone to see it instead of keep quiet about it. So now we won't get to buy it probably without a prescription, or something stupid or they will just quit selling it.

Last Edited:
There I added some punctuation grammar police. Is that easier to understand? I am so terribly sorry. You see my life is a never ending run on sentence. I don't have time to pause to take a breath.

The magic over-the-counter recipe for tooth pain, as given to me by a dentist, is 3 Advil + 1 Tylenol. I don't know if this is good advice, but it has worked for me. When you have tooth pain sometimes "good advice" slides down the scale of priorities.

Advil is an ibuprofen and Tylenol is an Acetaminophen.
Ibuprofen can't be beat for tooth aches.
They aren't selling them anymore. They're being regulated, and they were cleaned off the shelves. Now they will change the formula to keep it from people, or their pets from taking it because they too all can see what we put on the internet. Some people had to go, and put it for everyone to see it instead of keep quiet about it.
It was hardly a secret. They were sold by several catalogs I used to receive regularly in the mail.
Here's another supplier. I have not used this source, I've only seen adverts and browsed their website. This is just info, not an endorsement.

They aren't selling them anymore. They're being regulated, and they were cleaned off the shelves. Now they will change the formula to keep it from people, or their pets from taking it because they too all can see what we put on the internet. Some people had to go, and put it for everyone to see it instead of keep quiet about it. So now we won't get to buy it probably without a prescription, or something stupid or they will just quit selling it.
They've known for forever and a day. People figured out the whole animal med scam decades upon decades ago. I believe it has more to do with a money grab than anything else.

Obviously the pharma companies want to make a higher profit margin selling "people" meds to people.... so restricting access by any other means is in their self serving interest. They've also been pushing for animal med regulation for decades and it finally paid off. "Regulation" equates to higher price tags and bigger profit margins. The political climate used to be to protect the farming and ranching folks from exorbitant costs at the hands of the pharma industry. In today's climate though... farmers and ranchers are practically vilified in many parts of the country.

Likewise, "people" Doctors want their cut of the pie in office visits and vets aren't going to complain about putting a surcharge on top of the meds for the additional "administrative costs", time and scrip's.

It won't be long though before "tele-scrip" services for vet supplies becomes even more widespread. The worst thing about regulating vet meds though is it also creates a black and counterfeit med's market.

To each their own. Some folks don't like the idea of spending a few hundred dollars and delays going to the doctor for them to say, "yup.. that's infected", then being charged a ton for a prescription. Not to be abused but it can also help treat an infection at lower doses before it becomes settled in and more difficult to combat... or... in an emergency where medical care is not readily available... or... extremely inconvenient. Like having to cut a long and remote hunting trip short.

Prepping is another valid reason so stock some, but they do have a shelf life and have to be discarded and re-stocked fairly regularly to maintain potency.
And again the Dr is a trained professional with a lab at their disposal to find it what the iois resistant to you not so so much and best of luck with the last ditch pet meds if it is the a TEOTWAWKI event eat some blueberry hot dog buns and wait for the mentor impact

Exactly! It worked; however, doctors and pharmaceutical companies were not profiting do they banned it…no other reason but to control like so many other things since COVID. Anything OTC that works, will be banned.

Exactly! It worked; however, doctors and pharmaceutical companies were not profiting do they banned it…no other reason but to control like so many other things since COVID. Anything OTC that works, will be banned.
It's mostly to prevent further evolution of antibiotic-resistant bacteria (superbacteria) but other explanations are entertaining, too. Money is nice too I suppose.

Last Edited:
Really good advice, I think. Having the medicine on hand is only half of the solution, you also need to know how much and how often.

Research it now before the Internet gets taken away! :eek:
That's what books are for. ;)

Anybody know of a list or a site that tells:

What Animal/Fish Meds are best to buy, and what that med is best used for. . .

As in (something like)

Slapocyllin - oral pills - 200mg - bacterial respiratory infections.

And so on. . . . .
Survival Medicine Book

71TG6e1ICrL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show