JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not saying that lithium production doesn't have it's challenges, and honestly I think lithium is not the answer to the world's energy problems. It's inefficient, hard to recycle/repurpose after its used up and it really isn't that abundant that the entire planet should count on it for long term sustainability.

That said. I can't tell you how many times in my life I've read these fear-mongering type stories about the world running out of sh!t. Gasoline, water, food, chemicals, precious metals and so on. Yet here we are. Wasn't the world supposed to end with Y2K and like 100 other dates some jagoffs pulled out of their azz? :D

My point? It's never as bad as it's sold to the general public. Weren't we all supposed to be dead already from global warming, armageddon, God's will, starvation, AIDS or COVID by now? Dumb.

Should I make a thread about the world running out of water? :D

When I moved back up this way in 92 that was the first thing I was hit with. It was in the 90's and had not rained in a month and the "people in charge" up here were telling residents in the Seattle Tacoma area that we were running out of water :s0140:
This was before Al invented the net but still I had a hard time believing they were able to pull this one off. I had been living in a SW desert city that had NO source of fresh water other than wells and it was regularly over 100 for months with about 15 inches of rain a year. Here in a damn rain forest we had no water? They even had "water cops" the city hired to drive around and warn people about watering their grass and some Co was getting rich painting dead laws green. All I could think of was Barnum had to be rolling over in his grave at what he missed out on. Until the great lock down hoax outdid them this we are out of water up here was the best one I had ever seen pulled on people.

I'm not saying that lithium production doesn't have it's challenges, and honestly I think lithium is not the answer to the world's energy problems. It's inefficient, hard to recycle/repurpose after its used up and it really isn't that abundant that the entire planet should count on it for long term sustainability.

That said. I can't tell you how many times in my life I've read these fear-mongering type stories about the world running out of sh!t. Gasoline, water, food, chemicals, precious metals and so on. Yet here we are. Wasn't the world supposed to end with Y2K and like 100 other dates some jagoffs pulled out of their azz? :D

My point? It's never as bad as it's sold to the general public. Weren't we all supposed to be dead already from global warming, armageddon, God's will, starvation, AIDS or COVID by now? Dumb.
It's guaranteed that we will all run out of time.

When I moved back up this way in 92 that was the first thing I was hit with. It was in the 90's and had not rained in a month and the "people in charge" up here were telling residents in the Seattle Tacoma area that we were running out of water :s0140:
This was before Al invented the net but still I had a hard time believing they were able to pull this one off. I had been living in a SW desert city that had NO source of fresh water other than wells and it was regularly over 100 for months with about 15 inches of rain a year. Here in a damn rain forest we had no water? They even had "water cops" the city hired to drive around and warn people about watering their grass and some Co was getting rich painting dead laws green. All I could think of was Barnum had to be rolling over in his grave at what he missed out on. Until the great lock down hoax outdid them this we are out of water up here was the best one I had ever seen pulled on people.
When I was in college, that was the approximate timeline for oil if no new reserves were found

When I was in college, that was the approximate timeline for oil if no new reserves were found
When I was in early school the panic was we were all going to freeze as we were creating a new ice age. Teachers were passing out this crap to us to take home to show our parents how they were killing us. Can't remember when the great freeze was supposed to be here but the norm for stuff like this is 25-50 years down the road. That way when the date comes and goes the people telling us this are normally dead and new people have made up a new date another few decades down the road. They have to be on the floor laughing behind closed doors over this.

Regardless, li-ion batteries aren't on the top of my list if SHTF and I'm not about to start stockpiling them. Good lord, there is so much sh!t to stockpile and prep for that people forget to freaking LIVE!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top