JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not suggesting anyone actually use fish antibiotics, but if you are going to store them for emergency use, there is some good information in this article about which formulations may be effective in humans, as well as links to other resources such as information on imprint codes and general info on antibiotics.

I have used both Lambert Vet Supply https://www.lambertvetsupply.com/fish-supplies-antibiotics-medicine.html
and fishmoxfishflex.com https://fishmoxfishflex.com/collections/fish-antibiotics

I only have them for prepping and in case of emergency (Friday night of a holiday weekend or traveling, for example), but to each his own.

For those skeptics, I've compared the amoxicillin prescribed to me, the same thing prescribed to my labrador, and these capsules and can see absolutely zero difference.They appear identical. In the event of an emergency situation, or if SHTF, I am absolutely taking these without hesitation. I am very susceptible to serious skin infections, so I'm going to do my best to make sure that's not how I go out if I can at all help it.

Thomas labs used to be my "go to", but unfortunately they went out of business quite awhile back. Be leary of any site offering their products.
You understand just fine, I would say. :s0155:

They come from the same labs and produced under the same standards, but fit into a loophole for animal use that doesn't require a prescription.

Not the "ideal", but for a bugout bag, SHTF or emergency situation they are more than suitable, readily available and cost effective.

You guys are buying fish pills for human use, or I am misunderstanding things?

It's crazy, but true! Several years ago I didn't have insurance, but had a lot of teeth issues (pain). Previously my dentist had prescribed Amoxicillin to get rid of an infection before a root canal and I still had a few capsules. I couldn't afford the dentist so searched how to get amoxicillin w/o a Rx. Fish Mox came up. Only ingredient was Amoxicillin and it was cheap, so bought a bottle. 3 days later I received it and the capsules were the EXACT same as the ones from CVS. It actually made me laugh and shake my head.

Thomas labs used to be my "go to", but unfortunately they went out of business quite awhile back. Be leary of any site offering their products.

They come from the same labs and produced under the same standards, but fit into a loophole for animal use that doesn't require a prescription.

Not the "ideal", but for a bugout bag, SHTF or emergency situation they are more than suitable, readily available and cost effective.

Can't find Fish Mox Forte or Fish Cin anywhere anymore…what gives? Are they into us? Lol

You can still buy on eBay but who knows if it's authentic.

Can't find Fish Mox Forte or Fish Cin anywhere anymore…what gives? Are they into us? Lol

You can still buy on eBay but who knows if it's authentic.
Here's what happened....

I used fish mox forte for myself many times. After I ordered my first bottle out of desperation, tooth pain and no money, and saw that the only ingredient was Amoxicillin and the capsules were the exact same ones I had previously received from CVS (still had a few left from a different tooth issue), I trusted them and I tried to keep them in stock. I have three dogs and they have taken them over the years too. I usually don't get on a soapbox but I gotta say, having to get a prescription for animal medications is ridiculous. That is all.

Attachments

• 1000017747.jpg
    1000017747.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 82
Everybody would prefer prescription medicine made for humans, of course, but in a SHTF situation where there are no doctors available I think I would be glad to have the fish meds.

The fish can fend for themselves, it's not my job to take care of them! 😦

... tooth pain ...

The magic over-the-counter recipe for tooth pain, as given to me by a dentist, is 3 Advil + 1 Tylenol. I don't know if this is good advice, but it has worked for me. When you have tooth pain sometimes "good advice" slides down the scale of priorities.

Advil is an ibuprofen and Tylenol is an Acetaminophen. If you try and substitute for these two be aware that not all aspirin are the same:

aspirin link

Last Edited:
Ensure you are taking proper dosages for the proper amount of time.

An example: "C" kills "X" infection. You have "Z" infection. "C" also kills off sympathetic GI bacteria which keeps you from getting "Y" infection. You now have "XY" infections.

Antibiotics are a miracle but also biochem hand grenades... use caution. They're not for casual use as one sees fit.

I suppose "they" are trying to tame the outbreak of antibiotic resistant bacteria partially caused by improperly taken, self-prescribed antibiotics...

Ensure you are taking proper dosages for the proper amount of time.

An example: "C" kills "X" infection. You have "Z" infection. "C" also kills off sympathetic GI bacteria which keeps you from getting "Y" infection. You now have "XY" infections.

Antibiotics are a miracle but also biochem hand grenades... use caution. They're not for casual use as one sees fit.

I suppose "they" are trying to tame the outbreak of antibiotic resistant bacteria partially caused by improperly taken, self-prescribed antibiotics...
Really good advice, I think. Having the medicine on hand is only half of the solution, you also need to know how much and how often.

Research it now before the Internet gets taken away! :eek:

Last Edited:
Really good advice, I think. Having the medicine on hand is only half of the solution, you also need to know how much and how often.

Research it now before the Internet goes down! :eek:
Folks tend to forget the collateral damage that antibiotics can cause, especially if taken irresponsibly.

If one is feeling a bit Medieval, one could stock up on honey... it's a decent antibiotic and better than nothing.
:s0086:

Anybody know of a list or a site that tells:

What Animal/Fish Meds are best to buy, and what that med is best used for. . .

As in (something like)

Slapocyllin - oral pills - 200mg - bacterial respiratory infections.

And so on. . . . .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads