JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish poly80 would offer to do this.
Except as soon as you drill a hole or start any material removal, it is considered 81% and a firearm, even if it isn't yet functional. Therefore it must be sent through an FFL anyone offering this service only does so on untouched receivers.

Except as soon as you drill a hole or start any material removal, it is considered 81% and a firearm, even if it isn't yet functional. Therefore it must be sent through an FFL anyone offering this service only does so on untouched receivers.
If I had some they would be virgin. Although, supposedly manufactures can send the same firearm back to the owner? I have never sent one back so not sure if that is still the case or not.

Not sure if engraving makes it 81%. However, under 2005, it doesn't matter. Must be engraved per ATF instructions or it's illegal and you can spend 10 years locked up. Same penalty as second degree manslaughter. Uncertain how it can be marked IAW ATF regulations since ATF has no instructions for engraving something that's not a firearm.

Not sure if engraving makes it 81%. However, under 2005, it doesn't matter. Must be engraved per ATF instructions or it's illegal and you can spend 10 years locked up. Same penalty as second degree manslaughter. Uncertain how it can be marked IAW ATF regulations since ATF has no instructions for engraving something that's not a firearm.

What is interesting is " So called Ghost Guns" Usually are a form of single shots. Like a shotgun. Slow to load and slow to use.
I can not think of hearing much of homemade semi-autos.

But then I sat back and Digressed a bit.
Maybe they are not banning gun that do not have a serial.
As much as, things that make you go Hmmm.

So ban guns with no #####. But doesn't Oregon say they do not keep long term records?
So one without would not even matter. Unless the end game here is to not delete them and have
full records of all firearms that exist. Gun registration is easier when it has a ###
Maybe its just the conspiracy side of me, but they never pass laws in Oregon and just leave it at that.

I have heard it discussed Senator P. That they want Oregon drivers that ow firearms to to be listed on their license.
Under the guise of officer safety. Being not everyone that owns a firearm CC? This make one think the idea is
records, without actually having official OSP records.
Vote, next time ladies and gent. Elections showed low turn out resulting in our lost rights.
And they are now just going for it all.

Argus
No, Oregon does keep a record of every gun sale. FFL's are mandated to keep records by law. This is literally a registration with your drivers license, name, address and gun serial number.
So why do people think there is no registration.
These records are kept forever, and when the FFL relinquish his license, those records are shipped to the ATF.

Well, dammit! Neither do I! I thought I had hit the reply button on someone else's post. LOL!
One of them was probably me, I've posted a couple of times about my unserialized (sp?) rifles made well before '68.

I know it really doesn't apply to guns made then but, how much of a stretch would it be for the dominant party in this state to go there?

In Portland you can goto the drag show just not the drag strip lmao
I wish I could see that as funny. :(

We've always been able to hear them out there. Just enough to put a little smile on your face thinking of some of the cool stuff that potland used to do.

Wait a minute…. It's frowned upon if I grind my serial numbers off?

Oops.

IMG_2823.jpeg

I thought this was america. UNITED STATES. not each state does their own crap...then we can call them countries and not states.

My 80% are 'serialized' with 'effatf'.... another one is simply a profanity lol. I usually just put a few punchmarks on it with SN in front.

I thought this was america. UNITED STATES. not each state does their own crap...then we can call them countries and not states.
There's some debate about whether the United States from 1791 to 1840s was actually an "International Union" with each State actually having the equal of being a country unto itself, before the Federal Supremacy Clause and Amendments denoting the US as a nation.. in the same way that member nations of the European Union are States in the sense of State=country,.

My 80% are 'serialized' with 'effatf'.... another one is simply a profanity lol. I usually just put a few punchmarks on it with SN in front.
This is awesome.

So you're a fan of federalism?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR