JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is also going to be a legal sticking point. According to federal law, don't FFLs have to be designated as a manufacturer in order to serialize a receiver? Only one of the FFL types they listed will actually be legally able to engrave receivers if I understand the federal rules correctly.

I am by no means an expert on FFLs, hence the question. It seems like Oregon is passing the buck to the feds, knowing full well that a very small number of FFLs meet the criteria as a manufacturer.
I'm no expert either, but it does seem like that. Since they say "in accordance to Federal law"; it would mean you'd need to find a specific FFL too? I do know that theres at least one 80% manufacturer that advertises mailing them your frame for serializing, if it's not completed.. IE... no machining done yet; which might satisfy the "unfinished paet within the manufacturing process that includes serialization"

What is interesting is " So called Ghost Guns" Usually are a form of single shots. Like a shotgun. Slow to load and slow to use.
I can not think of hearing much of homemade semi-autos.

But then I sat back and Digressed a bit.
Maybe they are not banning gun that do not have a serial.
As much as, things that make you go Hmmm.

So ban guns with no #####. But doesn't Oregon say they do not keep long term records?
So one without would not even matter. Unless the end game here is to not delete them and have
full records of all firearms that exist. Gun registration is easier when it has a ###
Maybe its just the conspiracy side of me, but they never pass laws in Oregon and just leave it at that.

I have heard it discussed Senator P. That they want Oregon drivers that ow firearms to to be listed on their license.
Under the guise of officer safety. Being not everyone that owns a firearm CC? This make one think the idea is
records, without actually having official OSP records.
Vote, next time ladies and gent. Elections showed low turn out resulting in our lost rights.
And they are now just going for it all.

Argus

What is interesting is " So called Ghost Guns" Usually are a form of single shots. Like a shotgun. Slow to load and slow to use.

So ban guns with no #####. But doesn't Oregon say they do not keep long term records?
So one without would not even matter. Unless the end game here is to not delete them and have
full records of all firearms that exist. Gun registration is easier when it has a ###
Maybe its just the conspiracy side of me, but they never pass laws in Oregon and just leave it at that.

I have heard it discussed Senator P. That they want Oregon drivers that ow firearms to to be listed on their license.
Under the guise of officer safety. Being not everyone that owns a firearm CC? This make one think the idea is
Vote, next time ladies and gent. Elections showed low turn out resulting in our lost rights.

Argus
Well. They are going after 80% builds, and privately made firearms without SNs...

TLDR; does this impact BP?
Black powder? Nope. Antique firearms made before 1898, or replicas thereof, that doesn't use rimfire ammunition or centerfire fixed cartridge ammunition (or uses them if the ammo isn't available in the US or otherwise commercially for sale :rolleyes: ) , and firearms made before Oct 1968 are both exempted I believe.

Blood pressure? Oh heck yes :mad:

British Petrol? What do they have to do with firearms laws in Oregon? :s0140:

Black powder? Nope. Antique firearms made before 1898, or replicas thereof, that doesn't use rimfire ammunition or centerfire fixed cartridge ammunition (or uses them if the ammo isn't available in the US or otherwise commercially for sale :rolleyes: ) , and firearms made before Oct 1968 are both exempted I believe.

Blood pressure? Oh heck yes :mad:

British Petrol? What do they have to do with firearms laws in Oregon? :s0140:
Pretty sure bong potato.

Sometime back I started a thread on 0% builds where you take raw materials and use a 3D machine to build a gun.

If a person has the machine and the raw materials he can build certain guns according to the machines builder.

Oregon doesn't want its residents to be able to build their own guns.

Oregon doesn't want us to buy guns.

One day Oregon will say you can't own guns.

Who is Oregon?

Sometime back I started a thread on 0% builds where you take raw materials and use a 3D machine to build a gun.

If a person has the machine and the raw materials he can build certain guns according to the machines builder.

Oregon doesn't want its residents to be able to build their own guns.

Oregon doesn't want us to buy guns.

One day Oregon will say you can't own guns.

Who is Oregon?
A CNC mill machine does a lot of things to make it easier to build an AR, a Glock, a 1911, or one of the many modern firearm designs out there. I do remember a long while back a site selling Sten Gun tube receiver blanks with paper templates to drill and cut with hand tools that the ATF said weren't "receivers" :rolleyes: they did have Sten gun part kits cheap back then.

It's simple. The wealthy, powerful elites and their puppets who wants subjects and serfs that they can rule over; that's who's running Oregon

Serial numbers have been a red herring for a long time. They try to treat them like an automatic, gotcha. Excuse me if I don't believe they prevent crimes. Like stabbing or blunt force attacks where gun are absent.

These laws get passed but there's never any context. I can't believe they are used in large numbers of crimes. Who's using them? My guess is teens and younger adults. People almost or actually groomed into criminal activity. Gangs, growing up in the system (of failure). Though, I do know two people growing up that OD in alleys by the time they were 21 and from decent families.

Another victory for government that won't change one violent stat. Business will continue as usual for criminals.
The primary purpose, although not stated, is registration, collection of the serial numbers in order to build a database of gun owners and what they possess (as much as is possible), with the end goal being confiscation or at least have the data necessary to support a confiscation effort.

They started with eliminating private transfers, and now they are filling in the loopholes. The next step will be to require registration of ALL firearms in ones possession - which is what a lot of other countries (and some locales in the USA) do.

Then at some point, someone crazy will commit a mass shooting and the government will start work on an outright ban of some class of firearms. Repeat and rinse (increasing the classes of banned firearms) until the public is more or less disarmed as much as possible.

But first, collect the data and reduce the "loopholes".

ETA: I forgot to add another "loophole"; private transfers in "free" states. Eventually the federal law will be amended to include all transfers in every state. The laws will (or do) include notifying gov if firearm is lost/stolen/destroyed.

Last Edited:
I'm no expert either, but it does seem like

Argus
The goal is always registration, if not in practice, then by the consolidation of information. A database of serial numbers and owners is defacto registration. No conspiracy theory there. Electronic information can be stored forever. Electronic information in one location is dangerous.

Consider the recent DMV hack and motor voter registration. Who hacked and for what reason? Imagine if the hackers had access to gun ownership info, too...

Last Edited:
But first, collect the data and reduce the "loopholes".
Sometimes I hope to see the bubble crack but not burst. Just to let people see what's possible. They take our 1st world status for granted. I only saw a taste of Central and South America in the 90s and the under class (everyone not connected to a prince) in the middle east. When you are nobody, you truly are nobody.

Where gun rights fail other rights follow. I remember hearing a story of a man trying to get his dad insulin in Venezuela. My 50 years here have been easy. My Grandfather can't say the same. Will my grandkids?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top