JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems unlikely with this guy. I don't know anyone who drives around with a suppressed pistol under a shirt on their front seat. Seems like he may have been up to something.
OK, I have been known to drive around with a suppressed pistol under a shirt on the front seat. Busted.Maybe even a machinegun or two.

Where in SC is it that bad?
I was coming back from the range once and got pulled over doing 80 in a 65. Everyone drives 80 in a 65 in SC. Cop looks on my back seat with 15 or so SBR's with silencers attached a few MG's etc., looks at my drivers license and says thanks for your service. Slow it down. That Veteran on the DL is a get out of jail free card in the south.

I have many home made silencers. The legalities of the fact it was home made were not addressed in the article . Could have been legal. I know....benefit of the doubt
Im guessing that anyone whos authorized to legally manufacture silencers would have got off with a traffic infraction for just running a stop sign.

Im guessing that anyone whos authorized to legally manufacture silencers would have got off with a traffic infraction for just running a stop sign.

All it takes is a form 1 and $200. . Listen, im not saying that it was legal but I am saying that where you get pulled over determines what happens when a gun is seen. Theres more that goes into it , Cops have to look at the totality of the situation. Maybe the guy looked liked a meth'd out scumbag. I dont know.

No ones ever asked to see my paperwork on anything. I can act respectable for minutes at a time.

All it takes is a form 1 and $200. . Listen, im not saying that it was legal but I am saying that where you get pulled over determines what happens when a gun is seen. Theres more that goes into it , Cops have to look at the totality of the situation. Maybe the guy looked liked a meth'd out scumbag. I dont know.

No ones ever asked to see my paperwork on anything. I can act respectable for minutes at a time.
This.

Your conduct/tact/respect with LE goes a long way.

Its entirely possible the guy was legit and this is fake news to vilify ghost guns.

But my guess is the guy wasnt legit and the journalist just focused on the ghost gun since the journalist was anti gun. Nevermind any other facts he may have learned asking the cops, the premise of the article was some regular dude was caught with a [now illegal] ghost gun

Its entirely possible the guy was legit and this is fake news to vilify ghost guns.

But my guess is the guy wasnt legit and the journalist just focused on the ghost gun since the journalist was anti gun. Nevermind any other facts he may have learned asking the cops, the premise of the article was some regular dude was caught with a [now illegal] ghost gun
One thing we can all be confident in is that the journalist doesn't know jack about guns. I mean, how many do? When do they ever get the details right?

One thing we can all be confident in is that the journalist doesn't know jack about guns. I mean, how many do? When do they ever get the details right?
Gun laws are confusing enough, but I'm pretty convinced that even if there was an honest journalist [about guns] his article would be forced to be revised or not published at all and he'd be out of a job. A pro gun journalist would just get fired.

Looks like they're gearing up for a crucifixion with this guy:

"If you're aware of any additional criminal activity by Dylan Wysel, we'd like to hear from you. Send tips to 503-723-4949 and reference CCSO Case # 23-017672," the sheriff's office said.
I thought that was odd as well. CCSO looking for dirt on someone. Sounds very fishy.

Gun laws are confusing enough, but I'm pretty convinced that even if there was an honest journalist [about guns] his article would be forced to be revised or not published at all and he'd be out of a job. A pro gun journalist would just get fired.
Most likely the case but its just interesting how the journalist only focus's on the ghost gun and not the rest of the story.
As far as journalism goes it was probably just bad journalism rather than a decidedly anti-gun reporter. KATU is owned by one of the largest conservative broadcasting corporations in America, Sinclair Broadcasting, and their political lean may not be super 2A but is not hostile to gun ownership. BUT most local news programs are so desperate to fill their half an hour that they'll report on anything that might hit nextdoor and get comments. The guy was just arrested so the full details probably weren't looked at and/or shared by the police—seems like the story is straight from the CC Sheriff's office as a press release—and the police probably thought the ghost gun thing was newsworthy (made them look like they were doing their job).

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews