JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was next to a guy who had a loaded 22 on his 4wheeler while he was talking to me. USFS officer pulled up and nailed him for transporting a loaded weapon.
I believe there are rules/regs about loaded firearms on ATVs/snowmobiles. Some USFS officers are real anal orifices about firearms and about off-road vehicles. I've heard stories about one in the Pinchot area who has a really bad rep all around.

Sooo...

When you were called to testify as a witness about this unconstitutional interaction at "the guy"'s trial, what exactly did you state when asked about the federal law enforcement officer asking for permission to search "the guy"'?

What was the response to the complaint you filed against the federal law enforcement officer for his unconstitutional act against you personaly?
I was not called to testify. I did not file a complaint. I was young but I knew how many complaints that particular officer had against him, some of which were filed by the county sheriff deputy. We had other methods to punish him. Such as leaving him stuck in the snow (another long story).

I believe there are rules/regs about loaded firearms on ATVs/snowmobiles. Some USFS officers are real anal orifices about firearms and about off-road vehicles. I've heard stories about one in the Pinchot area who has a really bad rep all around.
That is more than likely the same guy.

Refusing to consent to a search is Probable Cause to arrest for obstructing an investigation, then search incident to an arrest...

Joe
No it absolutely is not. You are under no obligation to assist any government agent in their investigation and you are certainly not obligated to provide them any evidence against you. Authoritarian cops hate those pesky 4th and 5th Ammendments!

This "obstruction" nonsense is one of the most commonly misunderstood charges out there, by both government representatives and civilians. You simply cannot obstruct an illegal search.

His bail was set at 40K.
Gangbangers get caught with stolen firearms everyday. They are released without bail and have another stolen gun before the sun sets.
Wash rinse repeat.

His bail was set at 40K.
Gangbangers get caught with stolen firearms everyday. They are released without bail and have another stolen gun before the sun sets.
Wash rinse repeat.
He made the mistake of getting caught in Clackamas County and not Multnomah County.

-E-

No it absolutely is not. You are under no obligation to assist any government agent in their investigation and you are certainly not obligated to provide them any evidence against you. Authoritarian cops hate those pesky 4th and 5th Ammendments!

This "obstruction" nonsense is one of the most commonly misunderstood charges out there, by both government representatives and civilians. You simply cannot obstruct an illegal search.
(big sigh)
That
Is
Correct
!
However.....

Joe

Be very careful about Fish Cops...typically they have some serious powers, and some obscure regs.

Joe

A few years ago I was scouting Elk prior to the opener. I was on my ATV, it was snowing, and I hadn't seen another soul for three days until I bumped into a couple of USFS guys. They were going in the opposite direction, turned around, and caught up with me. I had my single six, and it was loaded. The guy was an absolute jerk, and it wasn't easy, but I did manage to say very little. He made me unload the gun and let me go. I'm pretty sure I wasn't doing anything the law was intended to prevent, and I did have a CHL. I wonder if the DA in Portland prosecutes felons that illegally possess a gun?

A few years ago I was scouting Elk prior to the opener. I was on my ATV, it was snowing, and I hadn't seen another soul for three days until I bumped into a couple of USFS guys. They were going in the opposite direction, turned around, and caught up with me. I had my single six, and it was loaded. The guy was an absolute jerk, and it wasn't easy, but I did manage to say very little. He made me unload the gun and let me go. I'm pretty sure I wasn't doing anything the law was intended to prevent, and I did have a CHL. I wonder if the DA in Portland prosecutes felons that illegally possess a gun?
Oregon prohibits the operation of a snowmobile or all-terrain vehicle with a loaded firearm in the operator's possession. A law Oregon enacted in 2011 exempts concealed handgun permit holders from this prohibition.

-----------------

BUT WHEN YOU'RE ON A SNOWMOBILE…

You need to ignore all those rules about transporting firearms when it comes to snowmobiles. It is illegal to have a loaded firearm on a snowmobile. You will need to keep your guns unloaded when riding around, or you'll have to leave the gun at home.

-------------------

Rules

• No hunting or harassing animals from a snowmobile, ATV or passenger vehicle.
Hunting Exception: A qualified disabled hunter may obtain an "Oregon Disabilities Hunting and Fishing Permit" to hunt from a motor-propelled vehicle, except while the vehicle is in motion or on any public road or highway, or within Cooperative Travel Management Areas as per General Hunting Regulations published by the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife.

• Do not shoot from an ATV.
  • Do not shoot from or across a public right-of-way or railroad right-of-way.
  • Do not carry loaded firearms on an ATV.
Note: A loaded firearm is one having live ammunition in the chamber or arrows out of a quiver (ORS 821.240). A person who has a license to carry a concealed handgun is allowed to carry a loaded firearm on an ATV.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top