JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm curious how many FFLs will add serial numbers to firearms they didn't manufacture. $75 is not much motivation. Aside from the federal compliance considerations there might be insurance implications. I know that if an 07 has its name engraved on a firearm as the manufacturer then some insurers boost premiums.

Nope. Most states do not have a "stop & ID law". Officers must have a reasonable, articulable suspicion that you are or have committed a crime before you're required to show them ID.
"Drivers license, registration, and proof of insurance please"
"Why did you pull me over?"
" Give me your I.D. and I will tell you."

Joe

"Drivers license, registration, and proof of insurance please"
"Why did you pull me over?"
" Give me your I.D. and I will tell you."

Joe
Traffic stop is different, they already have the suspicion and you are required to ID at that point.

They are also not required to tell you why they have pulled you over. If they cite you, it will be on your citation. Just keep your yap shut and follow their directions.

Traffic stop is different, they already have the suspicion and you are required to ID at that point.

They are also not required to tell you why they have pulled you over. If they cite you, it will be on your citation. Just keep your yap shut and follow their directions.
Yes, drivers license is pursuant to being legally allowed to drive. If you are just out walking, ID is not mandatory. 5th amendment and everything.

From the Emerald Valley Armory Facebook Page:
Emerald Valley Armory will now be offering laser engraving for you home built SBR or 80% receiver. Proper NFA compliant markings starting at $75.
I get 3 guns engraved for that. Ship them. Strip the receiver. Put it in a priority mailer . Veritas does great work for a little more but my go to is Tarheel state Firearms. Fast turnaround.

In any case they may have been yacking on about the "ghost gun" but the silencer will get him the trip up to the big house.

Last Edited:
Remember they need a warrant to search your car—so don't say yes—unless they can obviously see something obviously illegal, like a big bag of white powder, a carload or drinking kids, or a home made scilencer sticking out from under a tee-shirt on the passenger seat.

Honestly, a dude in a benz running a stop sign with a pistol and suppressor—homemade or not—sitting on the passenger seat, 90% of the time is up to no good, AND probably also isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Article didn't mention if he also was licensed, vehicle insured, vehicle registered, had warrants, a FAPA RO, or past convictions that limited possession. My bet is he's the kind of guy the law and order folks would want to be arrested if in the PDX city limits and would yell about not being prosecuted.

Honestly, a dude in a benz running a stop sign with a pistol and supressor sitting on the passenger seat, 90% of the time is up to no good, AND probably also isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Article didn't mention if he also was licensed, vehicle insured, vehicle registered, had warrants, a FAPA RO, or past convictions that limited possession. My bet is he's the kind of guy the law and order folks would want to be arrested if in the PDX city limits and would yell about not being prosecuted.
Most likely the case but its just interesting how the journalist only focus's on the ghost gun and not the rest of the story.

Wouldn't the cops have known right away if the dude was dirty by running a license plate check or his ODL#?

Undoubtably by now they've had to have ran a FICS/NICS check on this guy.

Last Edited:
The individual arrested may have been a felon….

The individual arrested ran a stop sign giving LE probable cause to initiate a stop.

The individual arrested has no concept of plain view doctrine (if any portion of the pistol was showing under the shirt in the passenger seat) which voids a search warrant. Look up case laws.

The individual arrested was an idiot and is paying the price.

Moral of the story…. Don't be an idiot.

I have a feeling this individual is a dirt bag and isn't doing the "2A community" any good. But keep on defending him like he's another saint.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR