JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1687280041083.png

these morons think that criminal enterprises aren't printing and CNC machining parts. just like chop shop exists.... this law will not prevent crime syndicates from creating firearms. Just as peaceful people minding our business are hurt by this, the hobbiest who loves to tinker. But its not about logic or rational, Democrats want complete GUN BANS under the guise of "common sense" which we already have all the common sense gun control on the books already. They don't even hide it anymore, they have on record numerous times stated they want to BAN GUNS, just listen to Newsome or that fat penguin guy in congress.
You just wait until they decide that 3d printing equipment, home machine shop tools and CNC equipment must require FFL licenses to possess, if they aren't part of "legitimate non firearms "business equipment :rolleyes:

Be sure to thank the republican senators (aka spineless dweebs) who sold out when they didn't need to.

Just got a self-congratulatory email from the republican chairman, as though they actually won some sort of victory for Oregonians by caving in... I will respond as soon as I find a more diplomatic way to say "Screw Off you backstabbing turds"... But that is as polite I have been able to muster so far.

The crap from California and Washington has come to Oregon. The west coast is lost.

At what point in the process of making a firearm, will the serial number be required?

It doesn't seem like this law will change much unless companies refuse to ship 80% blanks to us?

In all seriousness, from the text, after Sept 1st, 2024; if Court challenges do not change anything ( :rolleyes: ) ; it would prevent companies from being able to sell and ship 80% lowers to Oregon, unless it has serial numbers stamped, by which then, it would be treated the same as a 100% lower. Edit. So basically, kills Oregon's 80% market share and criminalizes having 80%s bought after Sept 1st 2024.

Buy what you can now.

Last Edited:
In all seriousness, from the text, after Sept 1st, 2024; if Court challenges do not change anything ( :rolleyes: ) ; it would prevent companies from being able to sell and ship 80% lowers to Oregon, unless it has serial numbers stamped, by which then, it would be treated the same as a 100% lower. Edit. So basically, kills Oregon's 80% market share and criminalizes having 80%s bought after Sept 1st 2024.

Buy what you can now.
I am not sure if this exception is still in current version of HB2005 but it seems to allow for the serial number to be applied at some point prior to the frame or receiver being finished.

(B) The unfinished frame or receiver is an unfinished part within a manufacturing pro-
cess that includes serialization

I am not sure if this exception is still in current version of HB2005 but it seems to allow for the serial number to be applied at some point prior to the frame or receiver being finished.

(B) The unfinished frame or receiver is an unfinished part within a manufacturing pro-
cess that includes serialization
It is in there as of June 15th version. However Sec 4 does indicate that on, and after the 1st of September 2024; that it would be a crime to "knowingly possess a firearm unless the firearm has been imprinted with a serial number by a federally licensed manufacturer, importer or dealer, or a gunsmith with a federal firearms license, in accordance with federal law."

these morons think that criminal enterprises aren't printing and CNC machining parts. just like chop shop exists.... this law will not prevent crime syndicates from creating firearms. Just as peaceful people minding our business are hurt by this, the hobbiest who loves to tinker. But its not about logic or rational, Democrats want complete GUN BANS under the guise of "common sense" which we already have all the common sense gun control on the books already. They don't even hide it anymore, they have on record numerous times stated they want to BAN GUNS, just listen to Newsome or that fat penguin guy in congress.

IMG_6079.jpeg

Buy what you can now.
I didn't see any references to a grandfather clause in any of their discussion so far. Where is the full text of the bill?

Be sure to thank the republican senators (aka spineless dweebs) who sold out when they didn't need to.

Just got a self-congratulatory email from the republican chairman, as though they actually won some sort of victory for Oregonians by caving in... I will respond as soon as I find a more diplomatic way to say "Screw Off you backstabbing turds"... But that is as polite I have been able to muster so far.

The crap from California and Washington has come to Oregon. The west coast is lost.
I gave the (Love) reaction to this post because it NAILED how I felt when I got the e-mail from that david brock smith saying how wonderful everything was when they punked out and went back to the capitol!

Ohhh, "We both got some of what we wanted and didn't get some of what we wanted". Who was the first to give up our f'ing rights? I've read some but they seem to bury the exacts of that cowardly act. Was it the DB Smith punk that gave it all away? I'm actually sick to my stomach about their leaving ANY of that 2002 intact.

It is in there as of June 15th version. However Sec 4 does indicate that on, and after the 1st of September 2024; that it would be a crime to "knowingly possess a firearm unless the firearm has been imprinted with a serial number by a federally licensed manufacturer, importer or dealer, or a gunsmith with a federal firearms license, in accordance with federal law."
This is also going to be a legal sticking point. According to federal law, don't FFLs have to be designated as a manufacturer in order to serialize a receiver? Only one of the FFL types they listed will actually be legally able to engrave receivers if I understand the federal rules correctly.

I am by no means an expert on FFLs, hence the question. It seems like Oregon is passing the buck to the feds, knowing full well that a very small number of FFLs meet the criteria as a manufacturer.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top