JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Child's play!? Someone should give these anti 2A politicos a Chucky doll, he'll know what to do with them. ;)
Seriously, I don't know why reality is such a burden. The total labor required to finish some of those frames is far less than 20% of the total. If they were more challenging they probably wouldn't be an issue with gangs using them.

Seriously, I don't know why reality is such a burden. The total labor required to finish some of those frames is far less than 20% of the total. If they were more challenging they probably wouldn't be an issue with gangs using them.
The issue isn't so much how easy they are to build, the real issue is they can get the kits without a background check.

I've no idea the amount of labour needed, never had an 80%. But, making guns at home should never be infringed.

The issue isn't so much how easy they are to build, the real issue is they can get the kits without a background check.
I doubt it. Homemade guns were never an issue until now, even when gang members were making .22 zip guns out of antenna tubes. What changed was the level of quality for the ridiculous ease of assembly.

I've no idea the amount of labour needed, never had an 80%. But, making guns at home should never be infringed.
I agree. But the issue is really if a few minutes of unskilled labor qualifies as "making a gun".

I doubt it. Homemade guns were never an issue until now, even when gang members were making .22 zip guns out of antenna tubes. What changed was the level of quality for the ridiculous ease of assembly.
Yes, but what Ive been trying to say this whole time is this new ghost gun technology wouldn't be a thing if there wasn't a prohibition based movement on lawful guns.

Yes, but what Ive been trying to say this whole time is this new ghost gun technology wouldn't be a thing if there wasn't a prohibition based movement on lawful guns.
Like I said, the first popular homemade receiver kits were military rifle parts - mostly for HK and AK models.

I couldn't say what is on people's minds, but certainly paranoia is a factor. But if you want an "untraceable gun", buy it in a parking lot.

Like I said, the first popular homemade receiver kits were military rifle parts - mostly for HK and AK models.

I couldn't say what is on people's minds, but certainly paranoia is a factor. But if you want an "untraceable gun", buy it in a parking lot.
I havent seen any improvements in AK receivers, last I checked it required some expensive tooling to build and properly rivet together. Before the 80% "glocks" and even 80% AR jigs became popular the technology back then was more for the guy who had a small milling machine in his garage, not worth it for most people who otherwise might want only one or two unserialized guns. As several states started banning ARs and standard mags the 80% market took off.

I havent seen any improvements in AK receivers, last I checked it required some expensive tooling to build and properly rivet together. Before the 80% "glocks" and even 80% AR jigs became popular the technology back then was more for the guy who had a small milling machine in his garage, not worth it for most people who otherwise might want only one or two unserialized guns. As several states started banning ARs and standard mags the 80% market took off.
You can buy AK receiver kits that require drilling and riveting, but are heat treated.

Those ak receivers are super but you need seriously hardened drillbits. And you dont NEED to rivet.

Anyway, I trust my gangbanger neighbors more to drill 2 holes in a plastic glock frame then to hog out an 80% ar lower. I have done both and the 80% P80 was so easy...try a 1911 80% where you have to cut the rails (also done that). Yeah... that also feels more than 20%

Here's NSSF's response to their hairbrained "lawsuit". Larry Keane's commentary... who was the guy that actually wrote the PLCCA. It's a good read and likely won't be the last time we see this tactic attempted.

If you only what the short highlights....

Completing that 20% and having a 'reliable' weapon are two vastly different things! Yes, any fool can do it, but it does take some "skill" to make it 'reliable'. Ever notice how the number of 'ghost guns' fluctuates with the narrative? Perhaps the "GGs are ethereal!

PS, nippers, files, sandpaper, drills (handheld or electric) and PATIENCE are required for skill to make the GGs fully reliable.

Completing that 20% and having a 'reliable' weapon are two vastly different things! Yes, any fool can do it, but it does take some "skill" to make it 'reliable'. Ever notice how the number of 'ghost guns' fluctuates with the narrative? Perhaps the "GGs are ethereal!

PS, nippers, files, sandpaper, drills (handheld or electric) and PATIENCE are required for skill to make the GGs fully reliable.
Very true! Each one can face different issues as well that require more than "any fool" can do it. The whole woke party line that they can be churned out in 20min by any idiot l is patently BS.

If you are well familiar with all the internals, have a few frame builds under your belt and the proper powered tools.... you likely might be able to, but there is no guarantee it will actually function as intended or could at all be considered "reliable". Not that some don't operate fairly well "right out of the box", but fine tuning and adjustments being needed is much more common. Doing it all with a hand file... especially the guide rod channel... forget about it!

Case in point... one of my sons friends is currently in the process. He's built several AR's from stripped lowers, quite a handy person with tools and very familiar with firearm internals. He's using all glock OEM parts.... and currently on his 3rd attempt to get his running past a single shot. We've been out shooting with him twice already and pointed out exactly what the issues were and what to do to correct them... both times... so we'll see if the third time is the charm.

Poly frame kits are not as standardized as AR lowers and there is much more QC variations in their parts. IE., the supplied rail angles are out of spec. The ejector housing assembly doesn't line up properly with the rear rail insert. There is just enough deviation in the pin hole alignments that can affect proper engagement of all the moving parts. Etc etc.

The woke are GREATLY exaggerating how "readily convertible" poly frames actually are. Granted... they are the easiest, least time consuming and require a much more basic set of tools to ready them for internals... on average however... I spend more time tweaking and getting a frame running smoothly/reliably than I ever do on AR receivers.

I just watched a video on how to complete an 80% Glock receiver. That's 20% of the work? No wonder they're getting sued. There's fruit that takes more work to prepare.
Being that they are injection molded parts I would say that drilling and grinding is more than 20% of the work

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads