JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After the house passes the changed bill and gov Kotex signs it, they will be outlawed for law abiding citizens only. Criminals will carry on as usual.
One more example of our legislators making us criminals by fiat.

Serial numbers have been a red herring for a long time. They try to treat them like an automatic, gotcha. Excuse me if I don't believe they prevent crimes. Like stabbing or blunt force attacks where gun are absent.

These laws get passed but there's never any context. I can't believe they are used in large numbers of crimes. Who's using them? My guess is teens and younger adults. People almost or actually groomed into criminal activity. Gangs, growing up in the system (of failure). Though, I do know two people growing up that OD in alleys by the time they were 21 and from decent families.

Another victory for government that won't change one violent stat. Business will continue as usual for criminals.

State just hates guns. People being able to make their own scares the hell out of tyrants. However criminals will still make ghost guns and glock switches because there is money in it. The generation of drug laws never stopped the sale of drugs and gun laws won't stop the making and selling of guns. In my opinion.

I've got a stevens SxS that came from factory decades ago that doesn't have a sn…..

I'll match your stevens with a 1916 vintage pump .22 and a 40s / early 50s Mossbert model 142A. Each does not have serial numbers.
From what I could understand on the PDF of the updated bill, it doesn't apply to firearms made before 1968.

That said... Sections 4 and 5 apparently become "operative" Sept 1st, 2024.
Section 4 deals with "undetectable guns", Section 5 deals with "unfinished frame or receiver" (ie, 80%s)
Everything else in effect upon passage.

I would bet that the reason for Sept 1st 2024 is because they are confident that Congress will attempt to do a Federal ban on "undetectable firearms and unfinished frames and receivers" ; or at the least add a Federal serialization requirement that goes further than what's already required.

After a quick read/scan of the bill, to say I'm appalled is an understatement. I'm unable to even begin to comprehend how the mandates in the bill can ever be accomplished.
Can you imagine the logistics in getting thousands/hundreds of thousands(?) of 80% weapons imprinted with serial numbers by an FFL in anything like a timely manner? Add to that the issues of having to include dealing with the state and their foot-dragging operations.

Unfortunately for Oregon gun owners, some of your legislators are apparently just as ignorant/stupid as our Washington legislators. I believe Washington has you beat for stupid legislators but...?

Dan

Sadly again a LOT of gun owners will never even know this passed for years after it does, assuming it goes in. A lot more of them will when they find out shrug and say they don't care as they don't have any casper guns. Of course this will do nothing for crime so the law makers will then come back for more. :(

Sadly again a LOT of gun owners will never even know this passed for years after it does, assuming it goes in. A lot more of them will when they find out shrug and say they don't care as they don't have any casper guns. Of course this will do nothing for crime so the law makers will then come back for more. :(
Don't forget also those who were perfectly fine with the passage of the GCA 1968 and FOPA 1986. Likely also the same who are fine with the House AWB having passed... even though it died in Senate. There are likely a great many who are just fine that 80%s are outlawed along with the tools as well as 3d printed technology

Edit. "Because you need a license to manufacture or make your own gun, and they should be serialized for crime traxking purposes" :rolleyes:

State just hates guns. People being able to make their own scares the hell out of tyrants. However criminals will still make ghost guns and glock switches because there is money in it. The generation of drug laws never stopped the sale of drugs and gun laws won't stop the making and selling of guns. In my opinion.
I can see how it will make criminals out of those simply wanting to enjoy a liberty without infringements….

we need less tyrants who are too eager to create criminals.

these morons think that criminal enterprises aren't printing and CNC machining parts. just like chop shop exists.... this law will not prevent crime syndicates from creating firearms. Just as peaceful people minding our business are hurt by this, the hobbiest who loves to tinker. But its not about logic or rational, Democrats want complete GUN BANS under the guise of "common sense" which we already have all the common sense gun control on the books already. They don't even hide it anymore, they have on record numerous times stated they want to BAN GUNS, just listen to Newsome or that fat penguin guy in congress.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top